Samsung Galaxy S21 series, the same old thing again?

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nope they told me no such thing then ask me to raise an escalation form to them.
Then surprisingly this morning samsung PS called me up and told me they recieved the stock and tell me can go down to buy it now.
I asked if I can buy then paste myself at home they said ok.
Otherwise have to leave the phone with them for 30 to 60 mins then they paste for me.
oh right.. now am not sure it is original sp :)

username03

Reaction score
Nope they told me no such thing then ask me to raise an escalation form to them.
Then surprisingly this morning samsung PS called me up and told me they recieved the stock and tell me can go down to buy it now.
I asked if I can buy then paste myself at home they said ok.
Otherwise have to leave the phone with them for 30 to 60 mins then they paste for me.
Did you try asking them, if they paste will it have dust or bubble or slanted ? Haha. I wanna know how confident they are in pasting it if one day I need to change mine.

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
Did you try asking them, if they paste will it have dust or bubble or slanted ? Haha. I wanna know how confident they are in pasting it if one day I need to change mine.
The person already told me disclaimer that the pasting won't be perfect as it's difficult. Haha

username03

Reaction score
The person already told me disclaimer that the pasting won't be perfect as it's difficult. Haha
Think it’s really tough to paste it like how it came out of factory which may be using machine pasting in a dust-free environment. That’s why I’m not replacing my factory pasted one despite some deep scratches. Doesn’t really affect my viewing experience when screen on.

polowalrus

Reaction score
At least have option of replacement I guess. Then again mine still ok but looking for option when it really becomes cmi already.

I bought some cheap hydrogel ones off Shopee from some sellers with flash sales for $1. Peeled a little of the front film off the hydrogel ones to see how it feels like, actually not so bad. Seems like it’s not the rubbery kind that I have encountered long time ago. Quite decent for $1.
But of course, still can’t compare to the original factory film though.

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With a heavy heart, no more Odin flashing heart stopping moments and no more special modem tuning. Safe exit S21! Till the next time bros! S21 will remain as the longest android I’ve used!

Blueberrytea

Reaction score
then i think mine is a old batch too

PgzHVwo.jpg
Mine too...cos we got during initial preorder period...so with the word galaxy in front phone faster ?

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With a heavy heart, no more Odin flashing heart stopping moments and no more special modem tuning. Safe exit S21! Till the next time bros! S21 will remain as the longest android I’ve used!
Good bye! Bro! Enjoy your new toy! :)

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
At least have option of replacement I guess. Then again mine still ok but looking for option when it really becomes cmi already.

I bought some cheap hydrogel ones off Shopee from some sellers with flash sales for $1. Peeled a little of the front film off the hydrogel ones to see how it feels like, actually not so bad. Seems like it’s not the rubbery kind that I have encountered long time ago. Quite decent for $1.
But of course, still can’t compare to the original factory film though.
Yeah not sure if my eyesight getting worst due to age or the quality is getting better. Back in s7 era I got a Spigen neoflex and the quality was really crappy... Orange peel effect all over etc. The neoflex I installed on my s21 ultra seems better. Yes when screen off still can see abit of the orange peel effect but when screen is on its very clear and all

lousydrinker

Master Member
Reaction score
what i got to replace S21?

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just sharing with you guys, my first batch of Taobao screen protectors just arrived. This batch is not the original SP that I ordered separately.

It claims to be PET material but it seems to be mixed a little bit with TPU. The orange peel effect is very minimal, not very noticeable as compared to the Neoflex. With the screen on, it probably feels the same as the original SP and clarity is good. just very tiny orange peel effect when you shine it on a bright light when the screen is off.

Only thing is that it's a bit tricky to apply on. Sides are cut very tight (probably to maximise compatibility with cases) so you need to align properly, while need to make sure no dust seeps in. I ordered 18 pieces and wasted quite a few before I pasted satisfactorily. But the price per piece is cheap la so no issue.

There are some bubbles, which based on previous experience with this same brand, should go away in a few hours.

Link here 6.0!tNZDX3bi9Ud嘻 https://m.tb.cn/h.4rY6WiG?sm=3025ed 适用三星s20原装高清膜note9手机贴Ultra菲林热弯软10+全覆盖出厂

polowalrus

Reaction score
Just sharing with you guys, my first batch of Taobao screen protectors just arrived. This batch is not the original SP that I ordered separately.

It claims to be PET material but it seems to be mixed a little bit with TPU. The orange peel effect is very minimal, not very noticeable as compared to the Neoflex. With the screen on, it probably feels the same as the original SP and clarity is good. just very tiny orange peel effect when you shine it on a bright light when the screen is off.

Only thing is that it's a bit tricky to apply on. Sides are cut very tight (probably to maximise compatibility with cases) so you need to align properly, while need to make sure no dust seeps in. I ordered 18 pieces and wasted quite a few before I pasted satisfactorily. But the price per piece is cheap la so no issue.

There are some bubbles, which based on previous experience with this same brand, should go away in a few hours.

actually why this seller tho? I see a lot of sellers on taobao selling similar product and a lot of hydrogel ones. All look to actually come from same factory probably.

I can only find 2 distinct differences is that it comes in 2 types. One type comes flat (hydrogel?) and the other kind comes slightly curved (more PET?)
Dunno which is better though, unless someone else tried both before

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.