AMD Ryzen Notebook discussion | Intel or AMD for notebook? AMD Excellent CPU+GPU performance, sharing concurrent models reviews.

Chiral.Carbon

Master Member
Reaction score
If I wanna buy for portability but still wanna connect monitor, then no point getting legion 5 pro, and just get legion 5? Seems like the only diff is the monitor

Spacecadetk

Reaction score
He ordered on 7th April
What. The. Chocolate fudge!

Mine's 8 Apr! But there was some miscomm and they made a mistake, end up having the order reconfirmed late Apr. *flips table*

They're offering a small recompense of 3%. Don't know what to think of it.

If I wanna buy for portability but still wanna connect monitor, then no point getting legion 5 pro, and just get legion 5? Seems like the only diff is the monitor
I assume this is for me? L5 is indeed quite a good unit (cheaper too!) but the GPU is 3060. I'm coveting the 3070 for future education in AI and machine learning.

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That is why people are turning to retailers.

Lazada fked up the delivery lead times

Emeraldstarz

Reaction score
erh, my friend has cancelled Lenovo order for 3080 unit. I saw atrix price today 3950$ + gift, nvidia flagship store 3800 no gift, any recommendation for better deal =))

also lazada vs shopee, which one better?
Maybe can try going down to the physical shops to nego?
Especially if you don't need the free gifts and prefer $ off.

Think Harvey Norman was giving $150 vouchers on laptop purchases a while back, to be used on any future purchase with no minimum spend.

Emeraldstarz

Reaction score
What. The. Chocolate fudge!

Mine's 8 Apr! But there was some miscomm and they made a mistake, end up having the order reconfirmed late Apr. *flips table*

They're offering a small recompense of 3%. Don't know what to think of it.

I assume this is for me? L5 is indeed quite a good unit (cheaper too!) but the GPU is 3060. I'm coveting the 3070 for future education in AI and machine learning.
That's a horrible screw up. :eek:
Have actually wondered why they don't just re-allocate stocks from their official store in Lazada/Shopee to fulfill orders. Maybe it's being managed by a third party or have better margins.

L5 is 50g lighter and 15" instead of 16".
L5Pro has some parts metal finishings. I have the L5, it's plastic but feels sturdy.
And yes, like Spacecadetk mentioned, L5Pro has the RTX 3070 GPU option available. So depends on whether you need/want that.

Spacecadetk

Reaction score

Think Harvey Norman was giving $150 vouchers on laptop purchases a while back, to be used on any future purchase with no minimum spend.
Haha any tips on how to nego? 🤓

That's a horrible screw up. :eek:
Have actually wondered why they don't just re-allocate stocks from their official store in Lazada/Shopee to fulfill orders. Maybe it's being managed by a third party or have better margins.

L5 is 50g lighter and 15" instead of 16".
L5Pro has some parts metal finishings. I have the L5, it's plastic but feels sturdy.
And yes, like Spacecadetk mentioned, L5Pro has the RTX 3070 GPU option available. So depends on whether you need/want that.
Ya it's really horrible! I think you're right, it's really all abt the margins.

Woohoo sounds like someone has received their new toy! 🥳

Oh my I'm such an idiot to have misread your msg. Sorry!
Also, you might wanna consider if the slight difference in aspect ratios mean anything to you while you're on the go (L5 is 16:9 while L5P is 16:10).
Not sure if thermals are the same for both, tho I've seen a couple of complaints abt L5P thermals on Reddit.

huytoan132

Reaction score

end up buying from NVIDA flagship store on Lazada at 3k8, too much hassle to deal at physical shop during COVID times :D

Not sure if thermals are the same for both, tho I've seen a couple of complaints abt L5P thermals on Reddit.

I can see L5P has slightly bigger heatpipe & a bit more space, so theoretically should have better thermal than L5. I did some gaming test comparing my L5P vs friend L7, L7 has better thermal though

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
end up buying from NVIDA flagship store on Lazada at 3k8, too much hassle to deal at physical shop during COVID times :D

I can see L5P has slightly bigger heatpipe & a bit more space, so theoretically should have better thermal than L5. I did some gaming test comparing my L5P vs friend L7, L7 has better thermal though
Wow so rich ah you buy L7?

Thermal of course better lah L7 leh the top model

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not me lah, I have L5P, another friend just bought Le7. Lenovo should thank me, I redirected 3 friend buying L5P/7 already
Then you go be affiliate marketer for lenovo lah. Buy using ur code you get to earn comms

Vulpix

Reaction score
Due to urgency, I ended up going challenger to buy the Legion 5 with Ryzen 5800 and 3060. Surprisingly the price 1999 didn't seem too bad, so I got it on the spot. Screen is good, keyboard is nice to type on.

My only problem is the bloody power brick. Why is it as heavy as the laptop and as big as an A5 paper? :s13:

flowerpalms

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Due to urgency, I ended up going challenger to buy the Legion 5 with Ryzen 5800 and 3060. Surprisingly the price 1999 didn't seem too bad, so I got it on the spot. Screen is good, keyboard is nice to type on.

My only problem is the bloody power brick. Why is it as heavy as the laptop and as big as an A5 paper? :s13:
Why 3060...

pylpoh

Reaction score

what ssd size ?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.