NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

snowbunny

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm currently undergoing my untrained teaching stint in a primary school, teaching English and Science. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck switching their CS from this combination to Math and Science. I really enjoy my journey so far but having to teach English has been very stressful due to my lack of subject proficiency.

Any kind souls with advice regarding this matter? Thank you!
hmm, not too sure if you’ll be able to change your CS since they extend offers based on needs in particular departments. Maybe you can try emailing the MOE HR you were in contact with during the pre-UT stage to check? Also pls be reassured that we will def receive more training in NIE!! Proficiency can be learned even if you don’t feel you have it right now 👍🏻

CarpeAllThemDiem

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm currently undergoing my untrained teaching stint in a primary school, teaching English and Science. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck switching their CS from this combination to Math and Science. I really enjoy my journey so far but having to teach English has been very stressful due to my lack of subject proficiency.

Any kind souls with advice regarding this matter? Thank you!

Hello! Sorry to interrupt your thread but could you share about the untrained stint timetable? How is a typical day like for you and what are your responsibilities? Thank you in advance.

also, to any PGDE students seeing this - able to share what’s a typical timetable like for you guys? Many thanks in advance!

hellothere1812

Reaction score
Hello! Anyone from the Jan/Feb 2021 batch gotten any updates? Went for EPT or medical, or even has been accepted already?

hellothere1812

Reaction score
hello! there is a telegram group chat for updates if you didn't know. i can't post the link but it is found on page 425 of this thread. hope it helps! :)
Hi there! Thanks for this 🤗 is the group active? I realise I won’t be able to see past messages. Has there been good news for some of the folks in the group yet? ☺️

Alchemister

Reaction score
Hi there! Thanks for this 🤗 is the group active? I realise I won’t be able to see past messages. Has there been good news for some of the folks in the
Hello, I think the furthest any applicant from Jan/Feb 21 has gotten (till date) is the medical appointment?
If anyone manages to get past this milestone, kindly update here :) thanks!

Last edited:

Alchemister

Reaction score
Hi,

for those who have been offered, if you don't mind sharing, what was the wait like from your medical to receiving your letter of offer (with no ept scheduled after medical)?

Congrats! :)

hzlntmlktea

Reaction score
Hi,

for those who have been offered, if you don't mind sharing, what was the wait like from your medical to receiving your letter of offer (with no ept scheduled after medical)?

I think it depends. Some people got the offer fast, some late. Like some would get abt a month after medical or even less than a month. From what I can see from the past posts, some even after 2 months or so! I still haven’t got mine and it’s been 2 months since medical for me🥺 also without EPT. Still hoping for good news.

Alchemister

Reaction score
I think it depends. Some people got the offer fast, some late. Like some would get abt a month after medical or even less than a month. From what I can see from the past posts, some even after 2 months or so! I still haven’t got mine and it’s been 2 months since medical for me🥺 also without EPT. Still hoping for good news.
Thanks hzlntmilktea for sharing. Your good news should be just around the corner, I hope you receive it soon!:)

lovesummert

Reaction score
Hi,

I received the offer letter two months after the medical check. I also think it depends on individual.

Here’s my timeline.
31/8/2020 – Application for PGDE in Secondary Chinese language/Chinese literature
9/10/2020 – Interview
30/10/2020– Received 1st processing email (Starting date on 12/12/20 or 16/2/21 if successful)
16/11/2020 – Received 2nd processing email (Starting date on 16/2/21 if successful)
02/12/2020 – Received email requesting for supporting documents
6/12/2020 – Status changed to “Shortlisted” on C@G portal
17/12/2020- Received email requesting to sit for EL Ept
30/12/2020- EL EPT Exam
12/1/2021 – Received 3rd processing email (Starting date on 13/7/21 if successful)
25/1/2021 - Received EL EPT Result
25/2/2021 – Received email & SMS to schedule medical checkup
1/3/2021 – Medical checkup
5/5/2021- Received possible offer of appointment

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.