Samsung Galaxy S21 series, the same old thing again?

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
actually why this seller tho? I see a lot of sellers on taobao selling similar product and a lot of hydrogel ones. All look to actually come from same factory probably.

I can only find 2 distinct differences is that it comes in 2 types. One type comes flat (hydrogel?) and the other kind comes slightly curved (more PET?)
Dunno which is better though, unless someone else tried both before
I try to find reviews where users claim it's close to the original. I chose PET because i dislike full hydrogel protectors (rubbery feel). Though it seems like this is kind of a hybrid as it displays some hydrogel characteristics... I guess probably it can't be full PET as it will not stick on the curve

username03

Reaction score
Hopefully the May update for local devices will be released soon and hopefully it is fixed... My old S9+ on android 10 no such issues and every third party app notifications is as instant as it could be, without doing any settings or turning off battery optimisation settings.

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the May update for local devices will be released soon and hopefully it is fixed... My old S9+ on android 10 no such issues and every third party app notifications is as instant as it could be, without doing any settings or turning off battery optimisation settings.
There’s no change log for fixing this particular issues on the May update. I was already on May’s update on my S21 before I sold it. Don’t get your hopes up high.

username03

Reaction score
There’s no change log for fixing this particular issues on the May update. I was already on May’s update on my S21 before I sold it. Don’t get your hopes up high.
So your s21 also had notification delays for third party apps like Gmail WhatsApp etc?

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So your s21 also had notification delays for third party apps like Gmail WhatsApp etc?
I don’t have such problems from the start but what I noticed is, for example if I received email from gmail, my iOS will get first then after few seconds then my S21 will have it. But WhatsApp I no problem. Your case is quite drastic so I think don’t put too much hopes in getting a fix via updates. May’s update is only to camera afaik

username03

Reaction score
I don’t have such problems from the start but what I noticed is, for example if I received email from gmail, my iOS will get first then after few seconds then my S21 will have it. But WhatsApp I no problem. Your case is quite drastic so I think don’t put too much hopes in getting a fix via updates. May’s update is only to camera afaik
That's why I find it weird... S21 and s21 plus don't seem to have the problem. I'm on Ultra... I suspected hardware but also couldn't pinpoint because voice calls and sms gets thru without delays. Only third party apps...

And I setup from clean... So could only be software... Not sure what's the differences between the models.

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's why I find it weird... S21 and s21 plus don't seem to have the problem. I'm on Ultra... I suspected hardware but also couldn't pinpoint because voice calls and sms gets thru without delays. Only third party apps...

And I setup from clean... So could only be software... Not sure what's the differences between the models.
Hahaha change phone, can safe exit liao

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Strange... ! :oops: That was fast! :unsure:

A new AUE1 (DBT - OXM) is out today for 991B, 996B and 998B at the same time! :ninja:

Downloading via Frija now. :ninja:

So, the Singapire's OTA might come in as AUE1 instead of the previous AUDA ! :cool:

Last edited:

username03

Reaction score

A new AUE1 (DBT - OXM) is out today for 991B, 996B and 998B at the same time! :ninja:

So, the Singapire's OTA might come in as AUE1 instead of the previous AUDA ! :cool:
Whats the difference in the change log? Still waiting for the SG May update to see if the notification delays are being fixed.

kashix

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I miss Odin flashing if not tonight can flash again :cry:

Bro you’re fast … even sammobile haven’t detect this firmware yet hahaha

rEe_TaN

Master Member
Reaction score
So i gotten my phone back and they replaced system board and new battery. I will test out and see how it goes. Already half sian when everytime it crash and give me the kernel panic mode (I enable it so i can save the crash log)

WhiteAnt

Banned
Reaction score

Oh so those with delayed notifications are only ultra users? :eek:

Then s21 and s21+ are lucky to be spared of this big prob. I thought only xiaomi will have this issue

kl39717

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh so those with delayed notifications are only ultra users? :eek:

Then s21 and s21+ are lucky to be spared of this big prob. I thought only xiaomi will have this issue
It's due to samsung aggressive battery optimisation ba. Last time N10+ also gt this problem for a while.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.