The AMD Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 Discussion Thread

aikishi86

Reaction score
I am consider Corsair

RMx Series™ RM750x , is it good?​

I considered this before but i went for RM750 instead due to cheaper cost, plus both are backed with the 10 years warranty and performed almost the same based on many reviews i read or watch online. You can consider if the japanese-made caps and higher quality fans of RM750x are worth the $40-50 difference compared to RM750.

soltrdc

Reaction score
I got a 850W super flower leadex iii for my 5600X + RTX 3070. Cost $165 from Make Fine via walk in purchase. 850W is more than necessary for this combo, but I just want to provide for scenario where I swap in more power hungry card. I also started with a 5900X, which draws about 200W with PBO on, so 850W would have been an ideal.

The wattage really depends on your CPU, GPU, and are you going to overclock. Overclocking in this case would include things like PBO or any other process that imvolve increased and sustained power delivery. Case in point: the Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity only has 2 power connectors and recommended PSU wattage is 750W only, which is lower than many higher end AIB 3080s. In @software_developer case, I have no idea what CPU and GPU combo is being used, so really, apart from brand, there's not too much to recommend

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
yeah it's weird.

5600X (Undervolted -10), G Skill Flare X 8GBx2, ASUS B550I, EVGA 3070 (Undervolted)

i feel like my motherboard's driver got reinstalled or something..
the first boot after 20H2, ASUS ArmouryCrate actually loaded up (which usually only happens on a fresh install)

then again, all these were on Saturday. So far.. havent encounter it 🤞🙏
oh to add, i also disabled NZXT CAM~

midlusionz

Reaction score

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far what i encounter is Trixx and RGB fusion and the old version of HWINFO. Both causing crashes one way or another. Not yet try installing just Trixx alone but i am sure it's fine
I suspect my previous BSODs might be related to hwinfo + slightly unstable ram timings. I tweaked the secondary timings and ran a mem test to verify no errors, so far no more BSOD.

Yongkit

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
1620263922228.png

for those using Ryzen Master to check if you are using the updated Ryzen Master as per screenshot release note.

RazorLotus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows what might be the best way for us to get 5950x? I emailed a bunch of shops at SLS and a lot of them either don't have it or say they only sell it if you buy a full rig with them.

On carousell, it's either scalpers or shops advertising it bundled with some overpriced motherboard. Either that or the listings put MSRP for sg but then in the listing will say OOS and have to buy "US" version at scalper prices.

Bros with 5950x, did you get them at MSRP?

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows what might be the best way for us to get 5950x? I emailed a bunch of shops at SLS and a lot of them either don't have it or say they only sell it if you buy a full rig with them.

On carousell, it's either scalpers or shops advertising it bundled with some overpriced motherboard. Either that or the listings put MSRP for sg but then in the listing will say OOS and have to buy "US" version at scalper prices.

You can try Taobao. My take is finding one now at MSRP is close to impossible with the acute shortage of chips. Its even harder especially when you just want to buy the chip, i.e. no bundle.

none

Reaction score

I had been waiting and monitoring the markets for a few months, just got one off a carousell seller for (MSRP + $100++)
Consider $100++ a convenience fee for getting a local Corbell box version without full system.

The one i got is considered a good sample.
After days of testing; all its core can boast to 4.9ghz, half of them hit 5.0ghz and the best core can reach 5.125ghz. No regrets!

SEvsNK

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi anybody .
i Just switch to this new processor and it’s currently idling around 50-55 degrees according to ryzen master. Currently using a 360 aio from nzxt, are these temps normal?

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what processor and what's your load temp?

If it bothers you just remount the AIO.

My 5600X w/ Noctua NH-D14 idles below 50 degree Censius.

CopySeeSewDye

Reaction score
Hi anybody .
i Just switch to this new processor and it’s currently idling around 50-55 degrees according to ryzen master. Currently using a 360 aio from nzxt, are these temps normal?
Which one exactly? They have different tdp ratings, some of them are hot at idle. For my 5600x it idles at 40-42 deg with a 240mm aio in non aircon room. There is a curve optimizer u can use to help drop idle temps (negative value will drop the vf curve, lesser voltage for idling base clock means lesser heat). Also tweak ur fan curves to be slightly more aggressive.

Just a side info, if u also find it too hot with high load on cpu especially if u turned on pbo, use ppt to reduce the wattage provided to cpu to run it cool. This does not help idle temps though.

SEvsNK

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi both, its the 5900x. currently idling at 50+. i tried to remounting the aio but still no change in temps. Cinebench R20 just pushed the temps all the way to 90deg. So just wondering if my AIO is up lorry already?

Will go and find out mor on the curve optimizer method as well

congster2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi both, its the 5900x. currently idling at 50+. i tried to remounting the aio but still no change in temps. Cinebench R20 just pushed the temps all the way to 90deg. So just wondering if my AIO is up lorry already?

5900x cooled using nh-d15. Idles at 35-40C based on Ryzen master readout.

CopySeeSewDye

Reaction score

90 degree with pbo limits at stock or motherboard? I don't think a 360mm shouldn't be able to cool a 5900x below throttle temps if its at stock. Check mounting pressure, try repaste and make sure u didnt leave behind the plastic thing if its a brand new aio.

tigerwoods

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

50+ is too hot idle. My 5800x water cooled idle is 38-39 idle in ryzen master

soltrdc

Reaction score
agree with all the bros here, 50C is too hot for idle. I had a 5900X too, even with 240mm AIO at idle never go above 45C.

I suggest you calibrate your fan curve. What AIO are you using btw? Pump speed (AIO_PUMP/CPU_OPT) speed should be at MAX while CPU_FAN can be adjusted. Also make sure your rad fans are not drawing hot air from your GPU to cool the radiator.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.