Samsung Galaxy S21 series, the same old thing again?

username03

Reaction score
It's rather easy to paste but whether got dust or bubble underneath the screen is another issue.
I think I was too impatient to get rid of bubbles as I tried to push them all out with my finger nails and end up got a lot of scratches all over the place. Hahaha.

Buang liao. Hahaha. Get a new piece.. It's quite difficult to paste perfectly, without dust and scratches or blemishes.

i sold mine S21+ because notification delay whatapp, Telegram, Email & pandaRider app
Oh! Finally someone with similar issues..

This issue is on reddit, xda, Samsung forums for s21 and s20 etc... Waiting for May update to see if any difference. Meanwhile, I used adb to disable doze two days ago, and till now, working fine so far with insignificant battery drain. If restart phone means must do adb again which I didn't, for the past two days 😂

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I noticed notification delay also, but I had it on my note 10+ as well after the oneui 3 update onwards. I don't get it very often and I turn off most notifications anyway so maybe that's why I don't notice it.

Btw anyone noticed the screen is a bit grainy and has some sort of "compression artifacts" when on low brightness in 120hz mode? Noticed them when typing at night on grey backgrounds... But strangely, when switch to 60hz don't have such issues.

username03

Reaction score
I noticed notification delay also, but I had it on my note 10+ as well after the oneui 3 update onwards. I don't get it very often and I turn off most notifications anyway so maybe that's why I don't notice it.

Btw anyone noticed the screen is a bit grainy and has some sort of "compression artifacts" when on low brightness in 120hz mode? Noticed them when typing at night on grey backgrounds... But strangely, when switch to 60hz don't have such issues.
How do you notice the delay? Haha. When you unlock sudden influx of messages and missed WhatsApp calls?

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How do you notice the delay? Haha. When you unlock sudden influx of messages and missed WhatsApp calls?
Yes, with the Note 10+ I think got once is like 20mins delay. For s21u currently maybe 5mins max? Ytd When my boss ask me check WhatsApp then i notice got new messages lor hahaha. But so far no missed calls yet...

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's rather easy to paste but whether got dust or bubble underneath the screen is another issue.
I think I was too impatient to get rid of bubbles as I tried to push them all out with my finger nails and end up got a lot of scratches all over the place. Hahaha.
Usually bubbles will go off after a while unless got dust trapped below.

My taobao original screen protector also came yesterday and it looks exactly like yours. But after reading the warning about sunlight I think I just keep it first haaha

anthonykcw

Reaction score
Replaced S21U sp from a hp shop at bedok central yesterday.

EPpeGze.jpg

HzVbdBi.jpg

OxVpBCJ.jpg

Advancer

Master Member
Reaction score
Usually bubbles will go off after a while unless got dust trapped below.

My taobao original screen protector also came yesterday and it looks exactly like yours. But after reading the warning about sunlight I think I just keep it first haaha
Can share the link for it? I wanna buy 1 more to keep.

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can share the link for it? I wanna buy 1 more to keep.
1👈!wM1nX3yGn0F哈 https://m.tb.cn/h.4rGvbrw?sm=33279b 原厂膜 菲林膜 s10+ s20s20+ s20u note10+ note20+ S21u S21

Need to tell the seller you want to top up RMB10, if not you need to furnish IMEI number (I think it's because they are getting it from Samsung China)

Btw any pics of how it looks inside? I don't dare open up

anthonykcw

Reaction score
Yeah,this type of Matt protector is good,am using one too.Can get it at 9bucks for 2pcs pack in Shopee.
1st time I know about this HardWear brand, I try this cos it claim to have Military-Grade Scratch Protection & Surface Hardness Over 6H. Most important is the finger print detection works perfectly. After google then can find out more about their products..... I don't take the risk for buying cheap sp cos screen repair cost much more than $30

aw1007

Reaction score
1st time I know about this HardWear brand, I try this cos it claim to have Military-Grade Scratch Protection & Surface Hardness Over 6H. Most important is the finger print detection works perfectly. After google then can find out more about their products..... I don't take the risk for buying cheap sp cos screen repair cost much more than $30
Am using different brand which can cover the whole front camera. Finger print unlocking works flawlessly....Plus, is really anti finger print smudges.

anthonykcw

Reaction score
Am using different brand which can cover the whole front camera. Finger print unlocking works flawlessly....Plus, is really anti finger print smudges.
Yours is what brand? Matte type is better than glossy type for smudges

anthonykcw

Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.