M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION - Part 2

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
woots got my 2 mths waiver from m1. It was from the chat with them on the m1 website that they gave then I went to recontract. Now theres a credit of $79.80 in my account.

trowaclown

Reaction score
Hello gurus, I tried searching for my problem but couldn't find it here, so I'm posting this for help.

I'm on M1's 1Gbps plan, and have their ZenWiFi AC 2-pack router. It goes:

Fibre endpoint > modem > [lan cable] > ZenWifi 1 > [lan cable] > ZenWifi 2 > [lan cable] > PC

The problem is, my PC is only registering speeds of around 93Mbps when connected like this. If I switch off ZenWifi 2 and force my PC to connect to ZenWifi 1 using Wifi, I can get around 400Mbps instead. This has gone on for around a week. Previously, I could get speeds of around 900Mbps instead.

I've tried switching off both routers, but the problem persists. What should I do?

Thanks in advance for the help!

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it better to go for the 500mbps or 1gbps plan if using a Wifi 6 router?
I think whether to get 500 Mbps or 1 Gbps depends on your needs. Even with a fast WIFI 6 router, I normally don't get above 500 to 600 Mbps when connected to WIFI. In most cases, its unlikely for you to fully saturate the 500 Mbps, unless you are downloading big files or torrenting.

bert64

Reaction score
Hello gurus, I tried searching for my problem but couldn't find it here, so I'm posting this for help.

Fibre endpoint > modem > [lan cable] > ZenWifi 1 > [lan cable] > ZenWifi 2 > [lan cable] > PC

The problem is, my PC is only registering speeds of around 93Mbps when connected like this. If I switch off ZenWifi 2 and force my PC to connect to ZenWifi 1 using Wifi, I can get around 400Mbps instead. This has gone on for around a week. Previously, I could get speeds of around 900Mbps instead.

I've tried switching off both routers, but the problem persists. What should I do?

93mbps sounds like you have a bad cable somewhere in the chain that's linking at 100mbps instead of 1gbps... can you check the link speed of the various lan cables?

tankee531

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

do step by step troubleshoot and see where is the issue

Fibre endpoint > modem > [lan cable] > PC
Fibre endpoint > modem > [lan cable] >ZenWifi 1 > [lan cable] > PC

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
93mbps sounds like you have a bad cable somewhere in the chain that's linking at 100mbps instead of 1gbps... can you check the link speed of the various lan cables?
yea check in the asus ui.. click on network map.. then at the right hand side pane at System Status -> Status tab.. scroll to the bottom and check your wan and lan speeds. are they showing 1gbps or 100mbps.

sadboy

Master Member
Reaction score
Is it better to go for the 500mbps or 1gbps plan if using a Wifi 6 router?

Depends on your usage

Like how many user online and the download and upload.

To be honest 500mbps is enough for most user. Due to the small price different everyone sign 1gbps plan

sadboy

Master Member
Reaction score

01. Do you know if your PC is connect go 2.4 or 5ghz network?

- You can login your router and click "View List"
wWuUxLB.jpg

- From the table you should be able to see the device on 2.4 or 5ghz network and their link speed.

Ec6oiwN.jpg

02. what WIFI card is your PC using?

hk7310

Reaction score
i suspect it is your lan card limitation ot lan cable problem. You may check and confirm these 2 points to further isolate your problem solving.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.