The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

jeromenism

Reaction score
Depending on the quality of the coating and of course our usual day to day habits e.g cleaning lenses or cleaning with our shirt etc. Some can last up to 4-5 years and more whereas I seen others within 6 months quite bad
Hello, I have a pair of thom Browne specs right now that I purchased from jamco. My budget is around 1k. Could you recommend a nice brand to look at for specs? Is lindberg the best brand to look at? What about the Japanese brands? Thank you very much.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have a pair of thom Browne specs right now that I purchased from jamco. My budget is around 1k. Could you recommend a nice brand to look at for specs? Is lindberg the best brand to look at? What about the Japanese brands? Thank you very much.
Hey, I am a die hard Lindberg frame due to my experience with the frame, my past patients feedback and the service rendered by the sales representative.
Again it’s my personal opinion, Japanese Brand’s like japonism, yellows plus are nice too. You can look at German Brands like Markus T too.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score

GANGSTERKIA​

How much to make glass lenses for 800 degrees? Can advise?
Hi sorry for the late reply, but again I can only let you know tmr as I am checking around apart from Zeiss and some OEM Brand’s, what other brand are there too.

Essilor_SG

Reaction score
hi gangsterkia,

i am looking at making a pair of progressive lens for office use (mainly computer work and of course the usual reading of handphones, tablets etc). this will be my first progressive lens. i previously got by by "cheating" on the degrees of the lens for each eye

based on my reading of threads, it seems like hoya mystyle v+ is the recommended lens (seems like it is about $1k plus). would you say the difference is substantial between this lens vis-a-vis say Owndays progressive lens (think its around $500?)? if i decide to proceed with hoya mystyle, which optical shop would you recommend?

also, are you with any optical shops?

i also read that you had recommended a general progressive lens and computer lens combination. i am a bit confused over this "computer lens". i understand it to be also a type of progressive lens that is more suited for intermediate and near vision. means it will also be about the same price as a general progressive lens?

thanks for reading this long post and the many questions posed!
Hi oracle00,

As you are looking for a pair of lenses for work, we recommend you to try VARILUX® Digitime lenses. VARILUX® Digitime lenses is specifically designed digital device usage :)

While having 1 pair of lenses that support your work, you can also get the second pair for leisure! If you're looking for a clear Progressive Lens that supports your vision for near, mid and far distance, VARILUX® Comfort Max, VARILUX® Physio 3.0 and VARILUX® X Series would be a good fit for you.

We are now offering a free upgrade to ultimate blue light protection for all VARILUX® lenses. So you don't have to worry about blue light coming from the sun, as well as computer monitors, and other digital devices!

We are happy to answer any additional questions you have! 😄

Thank you!

- Team Essilor Singapore

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score

GANGSTERKIA​

Hey bro,
For 800 degree lenses I would recommend a 1.70 index minimally which based on rrp is about 375 and if you want it thinner then you can look towards the higher range which would go up to 725 for 1.90 index.

Biogentic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey, I am a die hard Lindberg frame due to my experience with the frame, my past patients feedback and the service rendered by the sales representative.
Again it’s my personal opinion, Japanese Brand’s like japonism, yellows plus are nice too. You can look at German Brands like Markus T too.
Yea I am using the Lindberg buffalo horn. Best spec that I ever have

Essilor_SG

Reaction score
Hi Ganster,

Any lens to reduce eye strain from excessive PC use? My line of work requires to on screen almost 6-8h straight..

Thanks
Hi rabbit1,

We would like to recommend our VARILUX® Digitime lenses for your long hour screen viewing and to provide maximum vision comfort.

We are alow now offering a free upgrade to ultimate blue light protection for all VARILUX® lenses. So you don't have to worry about blue light coming from the sun, as well as computer monitors, and other digital devices!

If you have any additional questions, do let us know! We're happy to assist. 😄

Thank you!

- Team Essilor Singapore

lowsesbbfa

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi rabbit1,

We would like to recommend our VARILUX® Digitime lenses for your long hour screen viewing and to provide maximum vision comfort.

We are alow now offering a free upgrade to ultimate blue light protection for all VARILUX® lenses. So you don't have to worry about blue light coming from the sun, as well as computer monitors, and other digital devices!

If you have any additional questions, do let us know! We're happy to assist. 😄

Thank you!

- Team Essilor Singapore
My essilor airwear lens (got it earlier this year) doesn't have crizal fog mark, is it fake?

Essilor_SG

Reaction score

GANGSTERKIA​

Hi nightmeh,

We would suggest a 1.74 index prescription for your vision needs. If you are looking to tailor your lenses specifically, you can definitely reach out to us to assist you further or visit your nearest eyecare professional 😄

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you!

- Team Essilor Singapore

Essilor_SG

Reaction score
My essilor airwear lens (got it earlier this year) doesn't have crizal fog mark, is it fake?
Hi lowesbbfa,

As we have past consistent feedback from our customers to not have it, we have decided removed our Fog ID on all of our products. We value all of our customers' feedback and hope you understand.

In terms of the authencity of the product, you will receive an autheticity card upon your purchase at the eyecare prefessional outlet you have visited 😊

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out!

Thank you!

- Team Essilor Singapore

nethdale

Reaction score
Hi Gangsterkia, I am thinking buying anit-fog spray for my glasses, may I know which brand is effective and value of money as I saw many brands offer in the market. In fact, how effective is such spray? Thanks in advance. Haa

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Gangsterkia, I am thinking buying anit-fog spray for my glasses, may I know which brand is effective and value of money as I saw many brands offer in the market. In fact, how effective is such spray? Thanks in advance. Haa
There are many types of anti-fog in the market right now. But the best I seen so far is the one by swans demist spray.
They have 2, one for goggles one for spectacle lenses.
The specs one works the best out of all for me and my patients in the past.

I know of course eyewear optics have them. They are one of the more costly antifog lens spray but I can assure you of the quality.
Still call them to check for stocks. They go oos very quickly as their usual customer base knows of the efficacy compared to others out there.

nethdale

Reaction score
There are many types of anti-fog in the market right now. But the best I seen so far is the one by swans demist spray.
They have 2, one for goggles one for spectacle lenses.
The specs one works the best out of all for me and my patients in the past.

I know of course eyewear optics have them. They are one of the more costly antifog lens spray but I can assure you of the quality.
Still call them to check for stocks. They go oos very quickly as their usual customer base knows of the efficacy compared to others out there.
Hi Gangsterkia, thanks for your reply. Can PM me the estimate price as it is seems very expensive?? Also, which means I need to buy the one for spectacle lenses as mostly I google is meant for goggle. Anyway, I shall ping them but may not travel there as it is inconvenient for me..haa Thanks anyway.

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Gangsterkia, thanks for your reply. Can PM me the estimate price as it is seems very expensive?? Also, which means I need to buy the one for spectacle lenses as mostly I google is meant for goggle. Anyway, I shall ping them but may not travel there as it is inconvenient for me..haa Thanks anyway.
Iirc it’s 16-20. I believe mr eyewear at Bukit Batok West Mall has too. But again better to call and check.

nethdale

Reaction score
Iirc it’s 16-20. I believe mr eyewear at Bukit Batok West Mall has too. But again better to call and check.
Hi Gangsterkia, WM is convenient for me. But too bad, I just called Mr Eyewear and they said they do not carry and now it seems only in eyewear optics. Haa. Thanks

proproboy

Reaction score
Hey Gangsterkia, would like to consult on the following scenario. For a young adult that works with computers 10-12 hours a day, nearsightedness of approx -4.00, low astig in one eye, what would you recommend? A pair of digital lens like hoya sync 3, or two seperate pairs of spectacles (one for office use, and one for general use)? Thanks!

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey Gangsterkia, would like to consult on the following scenario. For a young adult that works with computers 10-12 hours a day, nearsightedness of approx -4.00, low astig in one eye, what would you recommend? A pair of digital lens like hoya sync 3, or two seperate pairs of spectacles (one for office use, and one for general use)? Thanks!
Hey,
Depending on your age, if you are between 25-35, I would straight up recommend antifatigue lenses e.g. Hoya sync 3, Essilor eyezen, Zeiss Energizeme or digital lenses.
However if you are above 35, then I might recommend you to use still, a higher reading powered antifatigues lenses or even a basic computer lenses.

proproboy

Reaction score
Hey,
Depending on your age, if you are between 25-35, I would straight up recommend antifatigue lenses e.g. Hoya sync 3, Essilor eyezen, Zeiss Energizeme or digital lenses.
However if you are above 35, then I might recommend you to use still, a higher reading powered antifatigues lenses or even a basic computer lenses.
Thanks for the recommendation! Gathered from your past responses that your patients had good experiences with Hoya. Can I check whats the estimated pricing after discount for Hoya Sync 3, degree is -4.00, for both index 1.61 and 1.67. Thanks again!

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation! Gathered from your past responses that your patients had good experiences with Hoya. Can I check whats the estimated pricing after discount for Hoya Sync 3, degree is -4.00, for both index 1.61 and 1.67. Thanks again!
Based on rrp, you are looking at about 390 for 1.6 and 490 for 1.67. But do check if there’s any promotion or so e.g. free upgrade to sync 3 pro or free blue control.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.