[DO NOT OFFER REFERRALS] Tiger Broker Singapore

devion

Reaction score
Anyone knows if am doing this right? I will purchase a USD stock & upon successful transaction, will then do a repayment from SGD to USD on the same trading day. Will this incur a finance charge?
or should i first exchange the currency from SGD to USD prior to share purchase?
Reason is I do not want to exchange the currency if purchase was not successful, to prevent exchange losses.

torrent06

Reaction score
Wat? But by trdg each of the 10shares wont that accumulate minimally a comm fee?
Although 10share is too small to render any inquiry
Previously people doing the Ace Trader hack were trading 10shares at a time and they got warned.

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone knows if am doing this right? I will purchase a USD stock & upon successful transaction, will then do a repayment from SGD to USD on the same trading day. Will this incur a finance charge?
or should i first exchange the currency from SGD to USD prior to share purchase?
Reason is I do not want to exchange the currency if purchase was not successful, to prevent exchange losses.
u muST ENSURE THERE IS USD in ur brokers' ac 1st!!!!! unless by Margin

jovinachoi

Reaction score
Wat? But by trdg each of the 10shares wont that accumulate minimally a comm fee?
Although 10share is too small to render any inquiry
My trade is about USD200 per trade. Say i buy Tigr usd20*10share and sell usd20.5*10share. Earn usd5 less commision 1.99 per trade still have profit.

they give starbucks usd115 one share also smaller than my one trade of usd200, right?

otahman

Reaction score
wow didnt know tiger coin to buy 100 SGD stock voucher increase? last time 10,000 coins for 100 SGD. i was trying to save the coins to 10000 den exchange 100 SGD voucher but now i reach 10,000 coins want exchange i see need 12000 coins. is it i remember wrongly? hahaha

singqian

Reaction score
wow didnt know tiger coin to buy 100 SGD stock voucher increase? last time 10,000 coins for 100 SGD. i was trying to save the coins to 10000 den exchange 100 SGD voucher but now i reach 10,000 coins want exchange i see need 12000 coins. is it i remember wrongly? hahaha

i always see is 12k coins for SGD 100 voucher...

carrote

Reaction score
Its quite ez. I finished making 10 trades within one day by trading 10 shares of TIGR each time. At the end of day i still earn USD10 from the trade.

If you are trading just to get the 10 trades, US market is a waste of money with platform fee of at least 1usd per transaction. Using ETF on SGX is a better and cheaper option.

It is quite risky to do all in one day for the same counter as it may trigger a query by compliance for unusual trading activity.

10 trades won't trigger anything. Back then people were doing 200 trades. 10 trades isn't enough to accuse their customers of false trading.

It was 15000, now at 12000 coins it is still not a good deal. Hint - try using the 30 USD voucher on SGD denominated stocks and see how much you get ;)

torrent06

Reaction score
10 trades won't trigger anything. Back then people were doing 200 trades. 10 trades isn't enough to accuse their customers of false trading.

Weren’t you the one promoting the Ace trader hack before the whole compliance saga began? Unless you work in compliance or SGX, don’t speak until so certain.

acewind

Reaction score
Deposit cash into tiger from my DBS account using normal fund transfer at 8am yesterday. Till now haven’t receive the funds in my tiger account. Does it take so long?

paladin

Master Member
Reaction score
Deposit cash into tiger from my DBS account using normal fund transfer at 8am yesterday. Till now haven’t receive the funds in my tiger account. Does it take so long?
did u inform tiger by attaching screenshot?

bornerwave

Master Member
Reaction score
is it me or was there an update for london or australia stock exchange on the desktop app?

Aneosx

Reaction score
are you having the same problem as I? i deposit SGD and when i tried to convert to USD it keep on having an error msg. The cash balance cannot convert into available cash.

carrote

Reaction score
Weren’t you the one promoting the Ace trader hack before the whole compliance saga began? Unless you work in compliance or SGX, don’t speak until so certain.
If you can believe that 10 small trades are enough to trigger compliance, hats off to you.

With the confusing language Tiger is using in their promotions, I don't think it's unfair for new users to make 10 small trades so that they can withdraw their initial deposit. Logically, they should allow them to withdraw their initial deposit in full, but instead they block a portion equal to the value of the free share from the initial deposit. If the stock or its proceeds remain in the account, I don't see why the initial deposit should not be withdrawable.

Ace trader is a separate matter, I merely shared what others had been talking about on Telegram chat groups. I got the warning email too, and nothing happened after that. Mind you, I made 200 trades, not 10.

Whether it is legal or acceptable is still contentious, I've heard of many repeating the hack with other ETFs and yet they did not get flagged. The whole saga was due to Tiger being unwilling to fulfill their promises and thus having to use the threat of "compliance" to scare people from doing so.

torrent06

Reaction score
If you can believe that 10 small trades are enough to trigger compliance, hats off to you.

With the confusing language Tiger is using in their promotions, I don't think it's unfair for new users to make 10 small trades so that they can withdraw their initial deposit. Logically, they should allow them to withdraw their initial deposit in full, but instead they block a portion equal to the value of the free share from the initial deposit. If the stock or its proceeds remain in the account, I don't see why the initial deposit should not be withdrawable.

Ace trader is a separate matter, I merely shared what others had been talking about on Telegram chat groups. I got the warning email too, and nothing happened after that. Mind you, I made 200 trades, not 10.

Whether it is legal or acceptable is still contentious, I've heard of many repeating the hack with other ETFs and yet they did not get flagged. The whole saga was due to Tiger being unwilling to fulfill their promises and thus having to use the threat of "compliance" to scare people from doing so.
We don’t actually know what happened (was there a query from SGX?). Just because nothing happened after you got the first warning doesn’t mean nothing will happen next time or for others. If we’re not sure, we should not write as if we are absolutely certain of it since others can take action based on what we write.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.