Wechat wallet

Shingoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

dottles

Reaction score
Hi, i have rmb in my wechat wallet and able to do exchange based on that day exchange rate. whatsapp me. 9 0 0 7 9 4 4 7

Shingoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, i have rmb in my wechat wallet and able to do exchange based on that day exchange rate. whatsapp me. 9 0 0 7 9 4 4 7
Still have? How much do you have.... will i be available to send it to a friend in china?

drag0n

Reaction score
Found this service that helps to top up the wallet via hong bao but at a higher service fee.

https://www.qoo10.sg/gmkt.inc/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=644867073

Does anyone have another alternative?

Hi, sorry noob question.
You mentioned about using Fomo pay and also this hong bao, and that you have cash in your wechat wallet.
Does it mean you have linked your account with China issued bank card? Because i'm under the impression that that is the requirement for it to work.

Shingoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, sorry noob question.
You mentioned about using Fomo pay and also this hong bao, and that you have cash in your wechat wallet.
Does it mean you have linked your account with China issued bank card? Because i'm under the impression that that is the requirement for it to work.
fomo didnt work. dont try that.

yes i have some money in my wc. that dont require a local bank acct, just need someone to transfer you money to your wc.

but without local bank acct you cant so a lot of things like money transfer out.

drag0n

Reaction score
fomo didnt work. dont try that.

yes i have some money in my wc. that dont require a local bank acct, just need someone to transfer you money to your wc.

but without local bank acct you cant so a lot of things like money transfer out.
ah i did tried Fomo pay before actually. Didn't work so i requested for refund.

i'm actually quite tempted to try the hong bao from qoo10 cos i'm considering that it's similar to a friend sending hong bao. But then it stated there need to have china bank linked to account.

I also just found out there are sellers on shopee.my that does top-up services
https://shopee.com.my/search?keyword=代付But then will need Malaysia shopee account for that.

Shingoz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ah i did tried Fomo pay before actually. Didn't work so i requested for refund.

i'm actually quite tempted to try the hong bao from qoo10 cos i'm considering that it's similar to a friend sending hong bao. But then it stated there need to have china bank linked to account.

I also just found out there are sellers on shopee.my that does top-up services
https://shopee.com.my/search?keyword=代付But then will need Malaysia shopee account for that.
the qoo10 doesnt need any bank account. they will give you qr codes. your friend just need to scan it to redeem. but a lot of limitations...can only redeem 1 qr every day...and they only have 50 and 200 rmb values.

drag0n

Reaction score
the qoo10 doesnt need any bank account. they will give you qr codes. your friend just need to scan it to redeem. but a lot of limitations...can only redeem 1 qr every day...and they only have 50 and 200 rmb values.
oh they have 100, 200, 500 and 1000. Yes it's quite fixed values.
So will still need a friend from china to help.. ok got thanks!

Kirakun83

Master Member
Reaction score
The fee will be quite high if top up after a few time.

evelyn_132

Reaction score
May I know if someone give hangbao to my WeChat wallet, could I transfer out the funds to my sg bank account from the WeChat wallet?

beanstalk6

Reaction score
This one's been discussed to death. Think of this in reverse. If one can transfer funds out directly to a foreign account, it would be a loophole in Chinese monetary policy and many Chinese would be taking advantage. .

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I know if someone give hangbao to my WeChat wallet, could I transfer out the funds to my sg bank account from the WeChat wallet?

No.

Actually you will not even be able to receive Angbao in the first place without a China bank account now (unless some third party help you).

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My wechat account (without link to China bank card, only to a Singapore credit card) still has a little bit of balance.

Previously I was not able to receive/send red packets or transfer, but I was able to pay for QQ Music VIP annual fee. Now even that is not possible.

When I tried to pay for QQ Music renewal, only the SG credit card is allowed, not the balance. Luckily I spent most of the balance before 2018 and only left with RMB 213.

So the good thing is that you can use SG Credit for things like app purchase (but not for red packet or transfer or street vendor).

Ref: real-name authentication is required to for users of WeChat Wallet (RMB). The real enforcement is in 2018 but getting more and more strict.
https://help.wechat.com/cgi-bin/mic...612022erzzm&lang=en&plat=2&Channel=helpcenter

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Found this service that helps to top up the wallet via hong bao but at a higher service fee.
https://www.qoo10.sg/gmkt.inc/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=644867073
Does anyone have another alternative?

Just wondering what you can do even if they can top up your account?

I do not know how this service works thiugh. I guess they have some spare China bank account and temporary link to your wechat account to top up and then unlink the bank account.

So you may need to spend the money fast (if you can do that at all). If not soon your money will get stick in the account.

As one the Qoo10 listing, you must spend the amount within 7 days.

If it kind of activate the wechat account for 7 days for all your balance, this is really worth it if you have higher amount stuck in the wechat account.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking at the important notice in the Qoo10 link, I think it will not work at all. It says that you need to link to a China bank card for the service to work. If you have legitimate China bank to link, then you do not need this service in the first place.

b7b7ba98-c566-4688-9566-7166a9858d77.jpg

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I added a GrabPay Mastercard to my wechat App, card had been successfully added,

However Unable to use the Grab mastercard inside the WeChat
APP to :
1) Transfer funds to another wechat user
2) Top up my Wechat wallet

Then what is the point of adding the card... ? is this normal ?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.