Where to tailor clothes =D - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

maur_james

Reaction score
Any reviews for Silver Strip?

I've been making shirts at Ai Lee for years at $55 so I want k try something new and my friend suggested silver strip
Old-school tailor, did a suit with them 15 years ago. Suit still fitting up till today. The price of suit is still frozen in time.

If you need the contact PM me.

Last edited:

Rong626

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I visited him and made 2 shirts at 80$ each. I've never spent so much on clothing before but he was quite attentive to the measurements compared to ai lee so I'm curious to see the end results.

Although the fabric he has for the $80 range seems to be somewhat similar to ai Lee's $55 range

Wishdom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PLEASE HELP ME

I bought 4 shirts from Benjamin barker and had them tapered... But I still think the wiast is slightly too big for me... Also, i think the tapering at the back of the shirt was too much that the shirt's structure is imbalanced.. the shirt does not rests nicely on my shoulders...

Is there any way I can get them altered from the seams at the waist a bit more and balance out the overboard tapering?

Please recommend me a top notch alterations tailors to salvage my shirts... Preferably central or the West.. i'm a little disheartened for having wasted $400 dollars...

Last edited:

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PLEASE HELP ME

I bought 4 shirts from Benjamin barker and had them tapered... But I still think the wiast is slightly too big for me... Also, i think the tapering at the back of the shirt was too much that the shirt's structure is imbalanced.. the shirt does not rests nicely on my shoulders...

Is there any way I can get them altered from the seams at the waist a bit more and balance out the overboard tapering?

Please recommend me a top notch alterations tailors to salvage my shirts... Preferably central or the West.. i'm a little disheartened for having wasted $400 dollars...
Meng Yee at Far East Plaza.

Jay9999

Reaction score
Wonder who's a better crisp white shirt maker;

D&S, Seamless or Yeossal

Good to hear some feedback from those who have made from them.

j3r0m3

Reaction score
Wonder who's a better crisp white shirt maker;

D&S, Seamless or Yeossal

Good to hear some feedback from those who have made from them.
i have made shirts from Seamless (when still Lusso) and Yeossal before.

Personally, i find the cutting and structure of Yeossal slightly better. The end result wears better.
Ryan is more customer service-oriented though.

Wishdom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not exactly a tailoring related question but what's a good option for budget jackets for skinny guys?

Looking for something like the below.

nMw0YvL.png

Ilovennp 💎🙌🚀🚀🚀

Last edited:

theblueark

Reaction score
Uniqlo mainline leans more toward skinny and cropped like the image though.
Hmm. I thought the image looked like a rather oversized fit. The jacket almost fully covers the butt, shoulders look slightly oversized, sleeves look slightly too long.

Anyway, @Wishdom I guess you could go try on both mainline and +J ones. For the mainline maybe try some jackets 1 or 2 sizes up too.

Rong626

Reaction score
I'm deciding on getting a casual made to measure linen blazer. I know to have the shoulders unstructured but what else should I take note of?

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CM Tailoring Review for people who aren't humble enough to depend on Google reviews and wahsoshite. No stupid oblique suits either- just for information only.

Note I'm not the author so don't flame him if you don't like me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.