Starhub 1Gbps Fibre Review

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
If there is no need for you to change/ renew contract, then just stick with your current plan. The problem is when you are forced to renew contract, unfortunately, you will need to adhere to the new pricing. I hesitated about signing up with Starhub for their fibre service I think its earlier this year, and when I decided to do it, they have increased their OCBC promotion price from 35.90 to 45.90.

yup the ocbc promo is damn good. and it is actually sgd34.90 previously.

hosehbo?

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, want to check if the Beacon 1 provided is the modem and router or is there a separate modem provided?

uncle_josh

Reaction score
Dey, Nokia Beacon 1 is the Mesh router. SH will provide a separate modem.

Last edited:

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, want to check if the Beacon 1 provided is the modem and router or is there a separate modem provided?
Beacon/ router and modem are separate. Out of the big 3 ISP, only Singtel uses router cum modem ONR if I am not wrong.

zheng

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah liao eh... starhub 1Gbps fiber Online Flash Sale... FREE 3 Months..... signed first month only kena slap with the bill liao... callup csv... telling me is free 3 mths of Hotstar ahbunehneh channel.... sibei misleading!!! :vijayadmin: :vijayadmin: :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

zheng

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Starhub 1Gbps offer me 4 months free for 24 months contract.

Effective $35.75.

Don't seem very attractive to me. Currently I paying $19.90
how come you got 4 mths free for 24mths contract
website stated 3mths free but csv telling me is free 3mth hotstar channel.... :mad: :vijayadmin: :mad: :vijayadmin: :mad:

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah liao eh... starhub 1Gbps fiber Online Flash Sale... FREE 3 Months..... signed first month only kena slap with the bill liao... callup csv... telling me is free 3 mths of Hotstar ahbunehneh channel.... sibei misleading!!! :vijayadmin: :vijayadmin: :mad::mad::mad::mad:

That's quite odd. Nowhere on the image you shared mentioned 3 months Hotstar subscription. If you look at the way they market the free 12 months Disney+ vs the "Free 3 months", I will certainly dispute what the CS mentioned. In fact if you look at the Starhub OCBC promotion page, the 2 Gbps offer also mentioned "Free 3 months" and I did get my free subscription, at least I've not been ask to pay anything for the first bill that I just received. Unless of course, it was clearly mentioned during the process of signing up. You sure you did not sign up for a different offer?

zheng

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's quite odd. Nowhere on the image you shared mentioned 3 months Hotstar subscription. If you look at the way they market the free 12 months Disney+ vs the "Free 3 months", I will certainly dispute what the CS mentioned. In fact if you look at the Starhub OCBC promotion page, the 2 Gbps offer also mentioned "Free 3 months" and I did get my free subscription, at least I've not been ask to pay anything for the first bill that I just received. Unless of course, it was clearly mentioned during the process of signing up. You sure you did not sign up for a different offer?

if i know is the hindi channel i wont sign up already
I rather get the 1Gbps with a few more dollar for the Disney+ at 45.90 for 12mth...

anyway starhub csv said would call back in 5 days.... will see how

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if i know is the hindi channel i wont sign up already
I rather get the 1Gbps with a few more dollar for the Disney+ at 45.90 for 12mth...

anyway starhub csv said would call back in 5 days.... will see how
I recommend you dispute this case if it wasn't clear that its 3 months of something else. 3 months free is consistent with the language where they offer 3 months broadband subscription free, and not some value added service.

zheng

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I recommend you dispute this case if it wasn't clear that its 3 months of something else. 3 months free is consistent with the language where they offer 3 months broadband subscription free, and not some value added service.

starhub csv bo callback :s15::s15::s15:

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
starhub csv bo callback :s15::s15::s15:
If it matters to you, then the unfortunate fact is that you will need to actively reach out to them until the issue is resolved. Its annoying, but I would have actively followed up with them.

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who need a dual 1Gbps plan, the offer from Starhub is pretty good.

https://www.starhub.com/personal/broadband.html
Enjoy 12 months of Disney+ on us!

2Gbps Broadband at a special offer price of $54.90/mth! Save over $192 with this limited-time offer. Plus, FREE StarHub Smart WiFi Pro worth $399!
Actually this discount is quite similar to the SHSWITCH code where you get first 3 months free. In my opinion, the 1+1Gbps deal from Starhub is really quite attractive, especially if one can sell off the mesh router for a reasonable sum, then can cover back even more $$ per month.

hi hi, can i ask please...

the 2gbps seems attractive atm, but it is 2 x 1GBPS right?
i dunno how to setup to utilise the 2gbps pipe....
also, i can still keep my asus lyra trio right or its time to change liao?

i got the lyra trio from my current 1gbps m1 contract

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi hi, can i ask please...

the 2gbps seems attractive atm, but it is 2 x 1GBPS right?
i dunno how to setup to utilise the 2gbps pipe....
also, i can still keep my asus lyra trio right or its time to change liao?

i got the lyra trio from my current 1gbps m1 contract
That is correct, its 1+1, not a single 2Gbps. I believe none of the ISPs offer a true 2Gbps currently. The sad fact is, most routers/ mesh can't fully utilise the 1+1Gbps. There are routers that can take in 1+1Gbps WAN, but the result is definitely not the same as a single 2Gbps. So In my case, I just have a single 1Gbps connected to my router, and other point direct to my main computer which will help alleviate congestion on the router when I am downloading games or big files. Its also good in a sense if something is wrong with the router, it doesn't affect my connection to my main PC since its not connected to the router. So 1 less point for failure.

vofzxy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That is correct, its 1+1, not a single 2Gbps. I believe none of the ISPs offer a true 2Gbps currently. The sad fact is, most routers/ mesh can't fully utilise the 1+1Gbps. There are routers that can take in 1+1Gbps WAN, but the result is definitely not the same as a single 2Gbps. So In my case, I just have a single 1Gbps connected to my router, and other point direct to my main computer which will help alleviate congestion on the router when I am downloading games or big files. Its also good in a sense if something is wrong with the router, it doesn't affect my connection to my main PC since its not connected to the router. So 1 less point for failure.
gam sia for your advice

qrcode

Reaction score

Is your main PC put near the ONT or you have a long network cable?

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.