EZLink or NETS Flashpay with credit cards

juelim

Reaction score
I have quite a number of EZ-Link Cards with quite large value locked inside - value which could be put to better use (eg: as money for bank interest gains or investment gains) without surrendering. How I wish I could use EZ-LInk directly at SAM and AXS for large bill payments. Any suggestions to "unlock" these values in EZ-Link Cards without surrendering the cards (before their expiry dates)?

Can't one just go to the ATM and refund the values in the cards into the bank account? I recall I could do so for those expired NFP card, not so sure about the EZ-Link ones.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can't one just go to the ATM and refund the values in the cards into the bank account? I recall I could do so for those expired NFP card, not so sure about the EZ-Link ones.
ezlink cannot refund at ATM, can refund at transitlink ticket office

Last edited:

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The last time I tried to refund a nearly expired EZ link card was more than one year ago.

For on the spot, instant, refund, your card should hold less than $80.

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Take public transport for 5 days using UOB one card, can consider as minimum 5 transcations .....

suzuka1980

Reaction score
Any credit or debit cards issued now that has Nets Flashpay/Cashcard feature or EzLink feature all integrated?

royalmix

Master Member
Reaction score
Why would any bank pay to use other people's card (nets or ezlink) when you can just use their cards with simply go for transport?

suzuka1980

Reaction score
Because SimplyGo does not work for in-vehicle IUs. Only Nets or EzLink can work with IU. So are there are debit/credit cards with this function?

My old DBS Live Fresh card used to have all these functions...

royalmix

Master Member
Reaction score
Because SimplyGo does not work for in-vehicle IUs. Only Nets or EzLink can work with IU. So are there are debit/credit cards with this function?

My old DBS Live Fresh card used to have all these functions...
Then buy the nets or ezlink card you need!

Or be resourceful to lookout for free giveaways! Last year, one organisation was giving away a free set of 6 limited edition nfp cards!

royalmix

Master Member
Reaction score
try dbs unionpay debit card
Yes, that was the last card I got when all the other debit/credit cards killed the cepas function ( I kill and banks kill too :ROFLMAO:) Not sure if they still have, might not, otherwise I would have killed and reapplied!

chiokcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then buy the nets or ezlink card you need!

Or be resourceful to lookout for free giveaways! Last year, one organisation was giving away a free set of 6 limited edition nfp cards!
Just interested to know which organisation ....

I gotten a few NFP from attending company AGMs in the past, that is when they do not provide food, but instead give shopping vouchers, or give NFP with pre-loaded cash amount ....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.