Wi-Fi 6E routers

Wolfmaster

Reaction score
Confirmed to be a beast but the price is crazy

https://www.linksys.com/us/wifi-6e/
Hope Xiaomi comes up with an alternative.

i think for intranet it will definitely help.. but for external internet access i think it is back to square one...
Access response should be improve but there is too many factors affecting that...

still depend heavily on the entire infrastructure which most home user dun really required vs WIFI 5 or WIFI 6...
just wait for the price to settle down in coming years will be wise... before any addition.

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
I think both AX6000 and AX9000 are Wifi 6e router.

Reason it was not unlocked yet on these routers is because 6Ghz frequency not yet approved by China.
Serious? Both are 6E? Lol! Then both will be beast moving forward

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Serious? Both are 6E? Lol! Then both will be beast moving forward
Yeah I remembered both were marketed as WiFi 6E when they first launched until Xiaomi changed them to WiFi 6 Enhanced version lol

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah I remembered both were marketed as WiFi 6E when they first launched until Xiaomi changed them to WiFi 6 Enhanced version lol

Not so sure about AX9000 but AX6000 is a dual band AX router and it can not be a proper AX 6E router.

A proper AX6E router will have to be triband, 2.4GHz, 5GHz and 6GHz.

SiaoAngMoh

Reaction score
Samsung S21 Ultra already supporting WiFi 6E

From the Samsung S21U page

"The Wi-Fi 6E service availability may vary depending on the county."

Do you have proof this is active and working on Samsung handsets sold in Singapore or via telco here?

Last comment on 6GHz Wi-Fi from IMDA back in Feb 2020.

https://www.imda.gov.sg/-/media/Imd...LTE-tech-in-licence-exempt-spectrum.pdf?la=en .. very last paragraph in the document...

"With regard to the request to release more licence-exempt spectrum in the 6GHz band(refer to Para 20), IMDA recognises that developments are nascent in this band and will continue to monitor the international trends and technology developments in the band before opening up for future applications. IMDA also notes that there may be demands for opening up the 6GHz as licensed band for mobile services."

So, if you have proof IMDA have in fact opened up the 6 GHz sprectrum for license exempt use, please share.

Last edited:

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Do you have proof this is active and working on Samsung handsets sold in Singapore or via telco here?
Nope............but Samsung Singapore website says it supports 6E. I said the hp supports 6E. I no say 6E already approved by IMDA

Also, many high end PC Mo also supporting 6E. Some laptops already have 6E built-in

https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/...ectivity-with-wi-fi-6e-and-intelligent-wi-fi/

Last edited:

SiaoAngMoh

Reaction score
Nope............but Samsung Singapore website says it supports 6E. I said the hp supports 6E. I no say 6E already approved by IMDA

Also, many high end PC Mo also supporting 6E. Some laptops already have 6E built-in

https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/...ectivity-with-wi-fi-6e-and-intelligent-wi-fi/
Already mentioned .... read the footnote on the website

If IMDA has not approved the use of the 6GHz band for license exempt use, Samsung can't/won't enable this band in Singapore. Does the phone have 6 GHz capability? Yes. Can you use this band in Singapore if IMDA have not approved it's use? No.

IDMA comes first, then the products in SG. That includes 6E capable laptops.

I want IDMA to release the spectrum and support the full 6 GHz band for license exempt use. But they have yet to do it.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If IMDA has not approved the use of the 6GHz band for license exempt use, Samsung can't/won't enable this band in Singapore. Does the phone have 6 GHz capability? Yes. Can you use this band in Singapore if IMDA have not approved it's use? No.

I want IDMA to release the spectrum and support the full 6 GHz band for license exempt use. But they have yet to do it.
Doesn't matter. Support must be there for ready use. IMDA's approval will come later

SiaoAngMoh

Reaction score
Doesn't matter. Support must be there for ready use. IMDA's approval will come later
Completely inaccurate. There is a big difference between pending device approval to meet IMDAs requirements versus enabling functionally not allowed from IMDA.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Completely inaccurate. There is a big difference between pending device approval to meet IMDAs requirements versus enabling functionally not allowed from IMDA.
IMDA will approve 6E wan. That's the future even for gov use

SiaoAngMoh

Reaction score
IMDA will approve 6E wan. That's the future even for gov use

Eventually yes. How much of the spectrum they withhold to sell to the highest bidder for more 5G cellular bands remains to be seen. Doesn't change the fact, until that happens, Samsung, Apple, HP, Lenovo, Asus etc won't enable 6E in their equipment for sale in Singapore.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eventually yes. How much of the spectrum they withhold to sell to the highest bidder for more 5G cellular bands remains to be seen. Doesn't change the fact, until that happens, Samsung, Apple, HP, Lenovo, Asus etc won't enable 6E in their equipment for sale in Singapore.
Never mind like I said. Buy new equipment with 6E first. The rest can talk later

Last edited:

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Last comment on 6GHz Wi-Fi from IMDA back in Feb 2020.

https://www.imda.gov.sg/-/media/Imd...LTE-tech-in-licence-exempt-spectrum.pdf?la=en .. very last paragraph in the document...

"With regard to the request to release more licence-exempt spectrum in the 6GHz band(refer to Para 20), IMDA recognises that developments are nascent in this band and will continue to monitor the international trends and technology developments in the band before opening up for future applications. IMDA also notes that there may be demands for opening up the 6GHz as licensed band for mobile services."

So, if you have proof IMDA have in fact opened up the 6 GHz sprectrum for license exempt use, please share.
Samsung S21 Ultra support WiFi 6E.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think both AX6000 and AX9000 are Wifi 6e router.

Reason it was not unlocked yet on these routers is because 6Ghz frequency not yet approved by China.
WiFi 6, not 6E. Not sure about AX9000.

firesong

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

The problem is, the title of the paper is "USE OF LONG TERM EVOLUTION TECHNOLOGIES IN LICENCE-EXEMPT SPECTRUM BANDS"

It is likely referring to the 6Ghz frequency band for LTE in 5G networks (ie, your mobile phone) rather than WiFi. Para #20 (linked to in your last point) also points to it being with regards to 5G Networks.

In this reading, it's more likely that it does not necessarily refer to 6Ghz for 802.11ax. Furthermore, they have highlighted the lack of interest in LWA amongst operators (Para 23, 26), so this reinforces the point that WiFi is not the issue in this paper (again reinforced by Para #21) - Wifi is not the issue here.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.