PRISM+ TV Discussion Thread

rybryb

Reaction score
Thanks. Been out of touch. Previously all my TVs were from big brands like Samsung, Sharp, Panasonic, LG etc, but lately been hearing names like Prism and Xiaomi. I have not heard of TCL yet, frankly. What do you like about it?
I suggest skip the Prism+ E-series (No bluetooth, no USB 3.0). Instead, compare Prism+ Q-series and TCL P-series as quite similar specs. TCL costs slightly more. Prism+ has 3-year onsite warranty. Xiaomi TV also about the same specs but the main thing is NO proper local support and their warranty is carry-in (whether by parallel importer or Xiaomi)!.

martin

Reaction score
I suggest skip the Prism+ E-series (No bluetooth, no USB 3.0). Instead, compare Prism+ Q-series and TCL P-series as quite similar specs. TCL costs slightly more. Prism+ has 3-year onsite warranty. Xiaomi TV also about the same specs but the main thing is NO proper local support and their warranty is carry-in (whether by parallel importer or Xiaomi)!.
Thanks. Very detailed analysis. For me, I prefer full 3-year warranty and would have gone for Philips 55PUT6604 at $749 with 3 year onsite warranty and free bracket installation. Picture wise, it looks comparable with TCL 55P8M which was going for $699, but only 1 year full warranty, 2nd and 3rd year labour only, transport and parts have to pay. The costs of parts is a big variable. So I am wary of this kind of warranty. There is bracket and installation charges too. Both are anyway OOS at Giant since 2 weeks back. Not keen on xiaomi as I am unclear what kind of warranty they can provide. Prism+ seems like a lot of aggressive marketing on social media, adverts keep popping up on FB, but I am not entirely convinced as yet.

chaiscool

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Very detailed analysis. For me, I prefer full 3-year warranty and would have gone for Philips 55PUT6604 at $749 with 3 year onsite warranty and free bracket installation. Picture wise, it looks comparable with TCL 55P8M which was going for $699, but only 1 year full warranty, 2nd and 3rd year labour only, transport and parts have to pay. The costs of parts is a big variable. So I am wary of this kind of warranty. There is bracket and installation charges too. Both are anyway OOS at Giant since 2 weeks back. Not keen on xiaomi as I am unclear what kind of warranty they can provide. Prism+ seems like a lot of aggressive marketing on social media, adverts keep popping up on FB, but I am not entirely convinced as yet.
Phillips is non android tv right? For some android tv is a must though

sonic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
See if you can sideload from the service menu. Google for Skyworth Service menu.
There are a few key combinations available. Update here if you are successful.
Tried and the apk installed but it won't show in the Home menu. Only show in the setting under Apps.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sideloaded apps won’t show in Home Screen. You have to download sideloader app to see the apps

coolfire

Reaction score
Anyone managed to get Zoom working fine? I have managed to sideload Zoom but my webcam won't run, keeps telling me that I have to close the cam in another app (when I don't have any other apps running). Thought my cam was faulty, so I tried sideloading another app called USB Camera, and my webcam runs fine on the Q65-QE.

As an aside, the webcam also doesn't work in Google Duo.

Any help is appreciated. :)

bladetrnity

Reaction score
I got the Q65 QE. I must say im not impressed with the build quality and picture quality. Overall its still ok but no match for samsung and sony display quality. You pay for what you get.

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
I am considering the Q75 which cost $1699. How is the quality compared to:

(1) Panasonic TH-65HX655S at $1399
(2) SAMSUNG UA65AU7000KXXS 65 IN at $1499
(3) SONY KD-65X7500H 65 IN 4K at $1699
(4) LG 65Nano79TND 65" Nano Cell at $1499 (likely older model)

Any thoughts?

sonic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I had the Q55QE & Q65QE, can't say much due to the price.. at least if game over after 3 years I am still ok.. Quite satisfied with their onsite repair, quite fast, usually within 1 to 2 working days.

weeza77

Reaction score
I had the Q55QE & Q65QE, can't say much due to the price.. at least if game over after 3 years I am still ok.. Quite satisfied with their onsite repair, quite fast, usually within 1 to 2 working days.

Want to ask, are you able to enter Service Menu by Pressing these combination buttons?

Press and hold {Source} + {3} , {1} , {9} , {5}.

Appreciate if you can help check.

sonic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Want to ask, are you able to enter Service Menu by Pressing these combination buttons?

Press and hold {Source} + {3} , {1} , {9} , {5}.

Appreciate if you can help check.
Tried and can.

Bankthekid

Reaction score
Any one has any thoughts about the new Q-QE Pro series?

Based on Prism plus website.. I think still same old same old? No FALD?

Billy Law

Reaction score
I am using the 65QE currently, the 86QE Pro will be a nice upgrade in the future but the SRP at $2999 is simply too high. If it were priced at $2699 then it would be more competitive.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any one has any thoughts about the new Q-QE Pro series?

Based on Prism plus website.. I think still same old same old? No FALD?
The new Pro lineup seems to just add in Dolby Vision feature from what I see from their marketing photos.

Billy Law

Reaction score
According to Prism+ the new Pro models has improved Quantum colours technology, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos and far field voice control which allows you to say Hi Google instead of needing the Google Assistance button on the remote.

Billy Law

Reaction score
Saw during Lazada 6.6 sale, the price for 86” with discount was $2550. If you add in wall mount the price about was $2850.

Last edited:

bladetrnity

Reaction score
The refresh rate is quite bad. When i watch channelnewsasia on youtube the scrolling below is not smooth. Anyone know how to overcome this problem?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.