Unblock TV Discussion Thread III [consolidated]

xiiaoqinwa

Reaction score
my recommendation is mibox s.

but if you don't want to install app yourself, then boxes from unblock tech is the way to go. Don't pay extra for lastest model. If you can find gen 4, go for it.

many other brands are not too reliable, instead of spending money/effort to improve the product, they spend money on advertising and getting many agents to boost on internet forum / facebook group . so quite likely you will get distorted information if you surf forum/discussion group/fb group.

Got any apps to recommend. I tried few but all the quality is quite bad.
mid not convient here can PM

ixora2007

Reaction score
I am using ubox3, no problem running ublive v2.3.2. In fact all channels are very smooth.

I am using Starhub BB.

If you are not on starhub, you ublive might be blocked by your ISP.

Try setting DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 to see whether can solve the problem.
I'm using starhub bb. Always uninstall n reinstall the app, i will need to wait at least 1 minute for it to load from the v2.3.2 screen to the channel. Is this normal?

shin89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All, anyone has the same issue as me where the box doesn't even load? Keeps rebooting at the welcome screen.

techizen2

Reaction score
I am using ubox3, no problem running ublive v2.3.2. In fact all channels are very smooth.

I am using Starhub BB.

If you are not on starhub, you ublive might be blocked by your ISP.

Try setting DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 to see whether can solve the problem.
I am also using ubox3 and amazed at it's reliability and durability. After so many years of almost daily use, it is still working fine, touch wood. No lagging nor update issues which I see some are facing with newer models. So praying that this gen 3 unit will not break down. I would rank it as one of the best thing I've ever bought in my life, having watched hundreds of amazing movies, documentaries and live broadcast

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am also using ubox3 and amazed at it's reliability and durability. After so many years of almost daily use, it is still working fine, touch wood. No lagging nor update issues which I see some are facing with newer models. So praying that this gen 3 unit will not break down. I would rank it as one of the best thing I've ever bought in my life, having watched hundreds of amazing movies, documentaries and live broadcast
those so-called update issues are likely users' problem.

the servers, software and aftersales support for UB is good. However, the hardware is not that reliable. Make sure that you put the box in a well ventilated place to prevent it from overheated.

By design, the reliability of the box should not be good. Else either they run out of business or overloaded the servers

Marcusblue

Reaction score
For the UB VOD, Anyone encountered VOD unable to load all thumbnail? Only able to load the first few hundred of thumbnail and it stop and unable to scroll down anymore especially when you select genre, only able to show few rows of selection. It has been happening quite a while already, though I’d network issue but the live TV is working fine and video can watch normal. Had try to factory reset as advise by unblock but still not yet solve, quite annoying

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the UB VOD, Anyone encountered VOD unable to load all thumbnail? Only able to load the first few hundred of thumbnail and it stop and unable to scroll down anymore especially when you select genre, only able to show few rows of selection. It has been happening quite a while already, though I’d network issue but the live TV is working fine and video can watch normal. Had try to factory reset as advise by unblock but still not yet solve, quite annoying
should be server problem. wait for a few days for it to recover.

kelvchan77

Reaction score
Yes, I just bought from NETT NETT CLUB on Qoo10, paid $258 in the end, originally is $268, minus $10 voucher off.
Hi

I also bought the same box. However, I have a wifi mesh at home. The Ubox connects to my room mesh node with internet but connects to my living room mesh node without internet, anyone has any idea?

mizarahi

Reaction score
Ubox video quality is getting unbearable for new C drama.
How's the video quality for Evpad or SVIcloud? Think of changing.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
don't need to buy evpad/svicloud/ubox if you are into c drama or other VOD.

if you feel that ubox is unbearable, you will kill yourself after you bought evpad/svicloud.

just install a few free apps then you will be able to watch c drama in full hd, and you can use any cheap $30 boxes (of course can also run on ubox).

wad3v3r

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is using Ub tv with wirelss mesh on wireless backhaul ( Not using ethernet to connect the nodes ? )

as my ubox is in a weird location far away from router. suspect wireless not strong enough thus having problems watching the box recently.

deciding between getting a homeplug or wireless mesh system to try

jasonho

Reaction score
uBox C drama quality are indeed lousy. I will suggest you trying out

1) New release shows - AiQiYi China / Tencent Video chinese apps
OR
2) Youtube - you will be surprised there are quite a number of C dramas on youtube.

Blacky

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is using Ub tv with wirelss mesh on wireless backhaul ( Not using ethernet to connect the nodes ? )

as my ubox is in a weird location far away from router. suspect wireless not strong enough thus having problems watching the box recently.

deciding between getting a homeplug or wireless mesh system to try
Not sure which brand of mesh u r on currently...

But u can try getting 1 more node at the location of the ubox and use cable to connect it to the ubox

Pearce

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How to make ubtv live app work on other tv box?

Is there any other live tv app to watch other countries' live tv and any other app to replace Jin365?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.