iPad Air 2020 Discussions

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got wifi but now kinda regretting and don't mind if someone wants to swap with me (with me topping up of course). Hotspot is a hassle :s22:

Pros and cons. When I first started using iPads since first gen mini, all the while was using a wifi-only model as I wouldn’t mind tethering via hotspot and I also don’t want to spend on another subscription.

But that changed when I got my M1 iPad Pro recently because of 5G, so I bought the cellular one. Yes it’s more costly but so convenient, just use on the spot without connecting to the phone. 5G wise, mostly on 4G network as 5G connectivity for M1 is still not widespread.

lionelfoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
read an article that says there may not be new iPad Air this year.. not sure how true
if you’re in the market for iPad Air.. can consider the 2020 iPad Pro 11 inch.. 928 at courts (128gb, wifi model) you get double the storage of air base model and promotion display..
courts ah..... hmmmmm.... if really not coming out den can really get it......

onlinehero

Reaction score
You can use instant hotspot if both devices using same apple id
I'm one of those that use an android phone with an iPad :grin:
first time hearing of this instant hotspot, is this a feature on Android as well?
Pros and cons. When I first started using iPads since first gen mini, all the while was using a wifi-only model as I wouldn’t mind tethering via hotspot and I also don’t want to spend on another subscription.

But that changed when I got my M1 iPad Pro recently because of 5G, so I bought the cellular one. Yes it’s more costly but so convenient, just use on the spot without connecting to the phone. 5G wise, mostly on 4G network as 5G connectivity for M1 is still not widespread.
yes I agree, its definitely for convenience sake :spin:

galliano

Master Member
Reaction score
I thought I should update everyone on this. I decided to buy the cheaper QGeeM USB C to HDMI cable. It's cheaper than UGreen.
Works with Ipad Air 4.

Not sure if its a UGreen issue (or any other 3rd party), but when using the HDMI adapter to a no-speaker display .. i basically get no sound. I cant seem to force the iPad to play audio from the iPad itself. It simply shows connect to ”Dock Connector”.

Wondering if the original Apple USB-C to HDMI adapter has the same issue.

cnt

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm one of those that use an android phone with an iPad :grin:
first time hearing of this instant hotspot, is this a feature on Android as well?

yes I agree, its definitely for convenience sake :spin:
Cannot because Android no Apple ID

radioshack

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since, the iPad Air 2020 supports 30W charging. Is it better to purchase a 30W charger to charge the iPad Air 2020?

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since, the iPad Air 2020 supports 30W charging. Is it better to purchase a 30W charger to charge the iPad Air 2020?

Been using Apple's 30W USB-C power adapter to charge my iPad Pro, it really charges pretty quickly.

PetPet

Reaction score
You should ask yourself if you require the fast charging.
If not I suppose as long as it charges is fine?

samgoh87

Reaction score
Hi all, does the iPad Air 2020 supports 1440p resolution and above for YouTube videos on the app?

dest86

Reaction score
Hi, does 64gb of ipad sufficient for non gamer ?does the updates take up lot space ?

strikefreedom_83

Reaction score
Just got myself an iPad Air 4, any cheap and good place to paste tempered glass screen protector? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.