Syfe REIT+

endlssorrow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How big is big?

500 or 5k?

my 15k was pumped in first end dec- anyway i noticed most of the stocks(be it reits or not) on sgx tend to erratic movement.....thereafter got extra cash(abit) then i throw in again irregularly, i am not into dca/rsp stlye

grEEn? i saw fall alwys https://www.sgx.com/indices/products/sreitlsp#Product Information
$15k big very big
Even $1k lump sum one time also will get killed if enter at a wrong timing.
Ur $15k better make it DCA rsp gundam style
If not u bleed for next donkey years

endlssorrow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A lot of REITs have rights issues/ placement shares and individual investors can apply excess that is basically 'free money' because the excess shares are at a lower price than market price. You can check out the various REITs threads to see you can get quite a lot of excess. You can't do that with ETF or Syfe.

Since i'm on SCB PB 0.18% comms and no min comm, its quite easy for me to rebalance my 10 REIT holdings (down from 12 due to mergers...). REIT lovers should consider trying to get SCB PB so that you can manager your own REIT fund.
Now u mention it,
I suppose Syfe or similar company will use thur own money to purchase whatever excess rights at a lower price if they think it is worth and thereafter sold away to increase their company cash flow? Haha

assiak71

Master Member
Reaction score
If Syfe does not subcribe to e.g. MIT preferring offering, is it going to keep up with the index's performance?

How do ETFs/index funds handle rights/preferential offering in general? Do the indices state how it is to be handled?

JetStorm

Reaction score
How big is big?

500 or 5k?

my 15k was pumped in first end dec- anyway i noticed most of the stocks(be it reits or not) on sgx tend to erratic movement.....thereafter got extra cash(abit) then i throw in again irregularly, i am not into dca/rsp stlye

grEEn? i saw fall alwys https://www.sgx.com/indices/products/sreitlsp#Product Information
Thinking of putting money back into this for dividends. Hows the returns for this year so far can I check? I see ireits leader index its on upward trend.

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
c6f98c-DBS-SREIT.png
I can only say performance on sgx is erratic
While after this sun, sg might move byond phase2 heightend awareness/alert of the endemic, still reits might or might not break its height at end apr iedge 1420(hovering around)

if investor get in at Mid may-end may, may be good !!!
U can still try now but…
it is at its height but right after mid jan and keep dropping/correcting even though there wasnt any big impactful news on retail or data ctes , Apart from those noise from us inflatn….
https://www.sgx.com/indices/products/sreitlspDca is for the timid and those who r not sure what is going on, if u r ok, start pumping in if u believe in sg reits….

Anyway,
there r plenty of rich investors in sg, 15k one shot is nothing to them!!!& to feel the impact of dividends, without putting in more than 10k, your div returns are just peanuts!

Furthermore at syfe, u need to hve SGD 20k to enjoy 0.5% fees (if nt at higher rates)
https://www.syfe.com/pricing
If not diy? Dont b greedy to choose that many but just zoom in on some….. they r not cheap too….but i trust u hve a few 10ks to play w….
U dont need overly-diversified pf, Buffet famously said diversificatn r for those who have not done enugh homewk!!!

https://s3.ap-southeast-1.amazonaws...re.com/public/usr/8lysuy/c6f98c-DBS-SREIT.png(Use the highly recommended table of Reits )

Last edited:

JetStorm

Reaction score
c6f98c-DBS-SREIT.png
I can only say performance on sgx is erratic
While after this sun, sg might move byond phase2 heightend awareness/alert of the endemic, still reits might or might not break its height at end apr iedge 1420(hovering around)

if investor get in at Mid may-end may, may be good !!!
U can still try now but…
it is at its height but right after mid jan and keep dropping/correcting even though there wasnt any big impactful news on retail or data ctes , Apart from those noise from us inflatn….
https://www.sgx.com/indices/products/sreitlspDca is for the timid and those who r not sure what is going on, if u r ok, start pumping in if u believe in sg reits….

Anyway,
there r plenty of rich investors in sg, 15k one shot is nothing to them!!!& to feel the impact of dividends, without putting in more than 10k, your div returns are just peanuts!

Furthermore at syfe, u need to hve SGD 20k to enjoy 0.5% fees (if nt at higher rates)
https://www.syfe.com/pricing
If not diy? Dont b greedy to choose that many but just zoom in on some….. they r not cheap too….but i trust u hve a few 10ks to play w….
U dont need overly-diversified pf, Buffet famously said diversificatn r for those who have not done enugh homewk!!!

https://s3.ap-southeast-1.amazonaws...re.com/public/usr/8lysuy/c6f98c-DBS-SREIT.png(Use the highly recommended table of Reits )
My Equity 100 has more than 20k in there. Maybe will just do a transfer in over afew months and close the equity 100 portfolio.

JetStorm

Reaction score
Why closing it?
Already have 100% equities in Endowus esg for cash and non esg for srs. Want to add back some dividends stocks in my portfolio.

Plus I had a good run when I early transfer my entire Global ARI and Reits to Equity 100 back then, lose about 1k but now my Equity 100 hit 7k returns! So net profits of 6k now. That was before I invested in Endowus.

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
My Equity 100 has more than 20k in there. Maybe will just do a transfer in over afew months and close the equity 100 portfolio.
I seriously dont thk its eqty is that bad!!!

syfe reits made pp live at tenterhooks constantly…… i m infact thkg of lessening the portion of my reits

JetStorm

Reaction score
Still thinking. If I withdraw will either withdraw and put to Endowus via SRS or trf to The Reits portfolio. Still weighing my options. I have up to next year Dec to think about it coz SRS max for this year already.

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
Reits - reallllly?
esp all keep assumg Dividends alwys looksSSO great, but in fact you'd have lost at least half your invested capital if you held it for the last 5 years. the div gotten is it worth tht loss?

ooomygod

Reaction score
Hi all.

Is anyone using the cash dividend payout function for the Syfe REIT+ portfolio? I don't quite understand why the cash dividend payout amount is deducted from the initial invested amount. Have not gotten any good formal response from the Syfe Team other than the fact that this is the correct treatment. Hopefully , someone in this thread has faced a similar circumstance and received a proper explanation on the same.

Thanks!

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all.

Is anyone using the cash dividend payout function for the Syfe REIT+ portfolio? I don't quite understand why the cash dividend payout amount is deducted from the initial invested amount. Have not gotten any good formal response from the Syfe Team other than the fact that this is the correct treatment. Hopefully , someone in this thread has faced a similar circumstance and received a proper explanation on the same.

Thanks!
i m!

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
we discussed + wrote 1 thesis just on this divs wdrwl when i did it on SA's Sg income too!!!!!!!!!!!
Syfe or SA use the same method ! i hve SYFE Reits too

ooomygod

Reaction score
we discussed + wrote 1 thesis just on this divs wdrwl when i did it on SA's Sg income too!!!!!!!!!!!
Syfe or SA use the same method ! i hve SYFE Reits too
So what was the findings , conclusion? Could you please share the thesis as well. Because I believe their internal calculations are not intuitively understood and having qns on some of the metrics.

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
use this! https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...shaway-vs-syfe.6092311/page-28#post-131950820
u have to keep Telling yourself: wht is left in your Net Investmt (or net deposit) ie "investd amt" is after deductg All tht crosses the line of your bank account!!!
if u opted out dividends, hence divs crosses (wdrawn) from ur robo into your bank , that will impact your NEt deposit/investmt too

wat is your tot invesmt then ? get Net inv amt + divs paid = Tot u investd
Let me teach u a way to Understand (in order to under your app) how Stashaway define their "Net deposits"
- u have to keep telling yourself:

net deposits: is aft All $/cash that crosses the line of your bank account!!!!!!!!
eg u DcA/RSP $50 or u lumpsum 1K into your robo that amt crosses from bank into the RObo, ie Net deposits! (to them)
if u suddenly needed S$300 in urgent need, u wdraw $300 from ur robo & it crosses into ur bank ie Minus deposit
if u opted out dividends, hence divs crosses (wdrawn) from ur robo into your bank , that will impact your NEt deposit too
(So long u think w this perspective u will be "Psycho" into their definition)

So what if Your robo has gotten some dividends rec'd? So long that div recd doesnt crosses your bank account at all, then too bad, that will NOt have any impact to + your net Deposit at all

the impact of the dividends will only be added to your that figure : Total Returns (shown in App)
Ref:
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/131949151-post825.html

ooomygod

Reaction score
Thanks for the above , seems like everyone does not agree with Syfe's calculation logic. Dividends by definition should not impact your initial investment but there will be a MTM impact against your initial investment. Is there resolution from Syfe's Team regarding this? Or the conclusion is to let them have the gains?

dappermen

Banned
Reaction score
Hi

u sure u read my writeup?

Anything that crosses the line of bank account will impact on your net invesmt eg 100

eg u decided to dca $5 so your net invesmt is up by $5 ie 105

if u wdraw $70 out for
Emerg use?!!! Hence your net inv lesser by 70 ie 100-70: 30

If u opted out of divs $15? And that amt goes into bk??! Your net inv is lesser by 15
(But your own bank account is up by 15: the balance sheet of your net worth is alwys balanced)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.