One Bernam New Launch Condominium

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Bro, please. I am nobody, a noob in the investment world. 没有股神, only humble investor who eager to learn.
I believe, there are many 卧虎藏龙 here. Low profile and expert investors.
You are one yourself in property play.
Mostly 猪朋狗友 la :o WFH come here air balls and chill only :o
Today I work like dog, u guys still airing balls whole day here? :o
Nb, wfh lim Beh more siong. :(

daheigou999

Reaction score
Haha no leh… unless count workplace :ROFLMAO:

Been quite intrigued with this district in recent months…

This area has quite a few construction going on. :o Anyone's guess whether these redevelopments will bring up value in the area :o Or maybe it will just remain as a "ghost town" :o

District 2

TouringSG

Reaction score
I think Marina Bay is best spot in entire GSW. Above got CBD, left side got Keppel new land, right side got beautiful garden, below got sea. What else to ask for?

As long workplace not one of the surrounding blocks and don't let boss see you sleeping on the bed can already :LOL:

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Marina area is more of a love hate relationship. It’s location is stellar but we all know we can’t make money if buy that area. :o

kpkb

Reaction score
I suspect a lot of people like living near the CBD but not IN the CBD, especially families with kids.

Last edited:

TouringSG

Reaction score
Marina area is more of a love hate relationship. It’s location is stellar but we all know we can’t make money if buy that area. :o
I'm not sure why too. The first time I learn about Marina Bay is through my workplace. When I step into one of the towers, took the lift up and greeted by the sea view..... I knew this IS the place already haha. Sea view / sea front has been a requirement on my own stay list ever since. It's not something you get tired of even after whole day of staring at it at work.

As for why I didn't consider it back then (when I was in my 20s)... I didn't even shortlist it at first as I thought only the crazy rich will be able to afford. Fast forward to today (10 years later), I still have peers who only look at OCR cuz that's what they thought they could afford too (in turn pushing OCR price up even further).

abcde83

Reaction score
I'm not sure why too. The first time I learn about Marina Bay is through my workplace. When I step into one of the towers, took the lift up and greeted by the sea view..... I knew this IS the place already haha. Sea view / sea front has been a requirement on my own stay list ever since. It's not something you get tired of even after whole day of staring at it at work.
and so you bought?

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fast forward to today (10 years later), I still have peers who only look at OCR cuz that's what they thought they could afford too (in turn pushing OCR price up even further).
One more perspective abt this, they buy OCR cos psf lower they can buy a bigger unit there compared to CCR so for comfort they bought there. Another reason is they grew up in that area or locality.

have one more idea for poll, a 3bedder OCR, 2bedder RCR and 1bedder CCR which would u choose.

daheigou999

Reaction score
have one more idea for poll, a 3bedder OCR, 2bedder RCR and 1bedder CCR which would u choose.
Depends on your life stage isn’t it? :o Whether you are a bachelor starting with five-figure pay, or typical BTO couple who endured 5-10 years out of MOP and ready to have third kid? :o

“Each has own luck, cannot compare” (***, 2020)

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends on your life stage isn’t it? :o Whether you are a bachelor starting with five-figure pay, or typical BTO couple who endured 5-10 years out of MOP and ready to have third kid? :o

Yes that’s a consideration too, but nowadays I see bachelors also getting a 2bedder for space and also future forward planning. 1 bedder more for rental purpose.

daheigou999

Reaction score
Yes that’s a consideration too, but nowadays I see bachelors also getting a 2bedder for space and also future forward planning. 1 bedder more for rental purpose.
Make sense, the new condos are small nowadays and 2BRs are easily affordable :o

(as compared to the larger resales ~$2.5m)

normoh

Reaction score

Age grp: 25-35 BTO, 35-55 Condo 55-65 Resale HDB. 65-80 Retirement home . 80++ prep for 6 ft under

Falafell

Reaction score

As for why I didn't consider it back then (when I was in my 20s)... I didn't even shortlist it at first as I thought only the crazy rich will be able to afford. Fast forward to today (10 years later), I still have peers who only look at OCR cuz that's what they thought they could afford too (in turn pushing OCR price up even further).
Pasir Ris also got sea view units and they get to enjoy heartland amenities. Same goes to the East Coast stretch.

But like the others mentioned, each has his/her own luck and preferences sway according to that. 70+% Singaporeans stay in HDBs congregated intensively in the NE, E and slightly less in NW and N. HDB upgraders statistically will come predominantly from these regions, so its important to understand their priorities.

I also hope one day I can afford the future Residential with Commercial plots that are overlooking MBS and GBTB at NW and MSP at SE. But I think I’ll have to chop off 2 arms for it. :(

Last edited:

TouringSG

Reaction score
Pasir Ris also got sea view units and they get to enjoy heartland amenities. Same goes to the East Coast stretch.
Not a fan of heartland.. and I guess location matters too.

East Coast is ideal too, would probably have gotten it if I didn't get my first choice.

rlskyline

Master Member
Reaction score

some buy OCR to be near parents like me as need their help to look after kids.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.