Is it? Some say n4100 faster than 10 year old i5

n4100 is faster than i3 7100

uaFbLxs.png

3zju0tq.png

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
looking for chromebook but the price/specs ratio feels wrong

best i can find is this for around S$600, but 4GB ram and 64GB emmc storage, worse than moden phones..
ipad 10.2 2020 like better .. :o

https://www.amazon.sg/Lenovo-Chrome...d=1&keywords=chromebook&qid=1600513465&sr=8-2

chromebook too expensive now. it used to be cheaper than equivalent windows laptop.

eg acer chromebook 15 and toshiba chromebook 2 used to cost less than $300 with their fhd ips screen and ability to run windows 10

Sauron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lenovo already announced new models with amd chips. hopefully it will be cheaper as windows laptops with amd chips are cheaper than those with intel chips.

G4

Master Member
Reaction score
digging up old post on Chromebook in Singapore. is it dead? or really not popular in Singapore?

Sauron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
T
digging up old post on Chromebook in Singapore. is it dead? or really not popular in Singapore?
My current and previous laptop are chromebooks. Both bought from US. Guess they are not popular here

raintr33

Reaction score

Chromebooks are issued to many school students for their laptop this year.
It good enough for zoom calls and can run Android apps too. If u intend to use for more than web browsing, try to get a Intel i5 CPU.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

a4973

Master Member
Reaction score
Chromebooks are issued to many school students for their laptop this year.
It good enough for zoom calls and can run Android apps too. If u intend to use for more than web browsing, try to get a Intel i5 CPU.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!
Speaking of Chromebooks issued to students, to those who have experience with or even better received such devices , please advise if these devices can use Zoom for non school related work eg. CDAC Zoom tuition sessions ? Or is the device locked to ONLY directly school related work? Thanks all

raintr33

Reaction score
Speaking of Chromebooks issued to students, to those who have experience with or even better received such devices , please advise if these devices can use Zoom for non school related work eg. CDAC Zoom tuition sessions ? Or is the device locked to ONLY directly school related work? Thanks all
If the school has installed zoom apps, then you can use it for anything. Else you can request for parental control of the Chromebook so you can install the apps yourself.

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

a4973

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi to those who have gotten the Lenovo 500e 2 gen Chromebook under the school program what are your opinions and observations of the device? Thanks

G4

Master Member
Reaction score
Haven't got it from school, but from the spec, seem reasonable. It got 8GB of RAM. Screen resolution is HD, but should ok since it's a 11-in. I think should be able to get it by Sept.

networked

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
using a chromebook myself and treating like a ipad with keyboard on steriods with ultra long battery life and fast boot.

if the new chromebooks cost almost the price of a low end laptop, might as well get the laptop with full windows functions.

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
using a chromebook myself and treating like a ipad with keyboard on steriods with ultra long battery life and fast boot.

if the new chromebooks cost almost the price of a low end laptop, might as well get the laptop with full windows functions.
True. But at least there’s Playstore and Android app support on chrome os :)

how is Playstore apps in newer Chromebooks though? I was previously playing around with a Hp 11ee Chromebook, it was subpar.

networked

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
True. But at least there’s Playstore and Android app support on chrome os :)

how is Playstore apps in newer Chromebooks though? I was previously playing around with a Hp 11ee Chromebook, it was subpar.
Mine is 2020 edition. The store still suck. Alot of games and apps not supported

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It seems to me Raspberry Pi 400 is good enough for normal home use and it is pretty cheap if you do not need the portability.

I am using it along with my Mac Mini M1 which is of course much faster but the price difference is huge. Main drawback is that YouTube video is only 720p 30fps but usable.

oohman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking for Chromebook for my P2 kids. The budget is from arnd 250 - 400 SGD. Locally sold chromebooks tend to be more on high side, while Lazada sells many refurbished ones for arnd $200 ++. But not sure, how long those will last.
Browsing Amazon, I saw many chromebooks in this price range. What i understand , is that usually they wont have international warranty.
Any feedback ?
1 ) Is it Ok to buy from Amazon ?
2) Can recommend some chromebook in the pics below Or any local dealer also OK ?
Thanks Folks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.