Samsung Galaxy S21 series, the same old thing again?

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...I just noticed it in About Phone for my 996B

Odin flashed the Thailand one. The Baseband (CSC) is ending with AUF2.

THL
PDAG996BXXU3AUF2
CSCG996BOXM3AUF2

Odin flashed the Singapore one. The Baseband (CSC) is ending with AUEA.

XSP
PDAG996BXXU3AUF2
CSCG996BOXM3AUEA

Does the difference in that Baseband (AUF2 and AUEA) affects anything as far our local telcos networks as well as OTA are concerned?

Last edited:

StationA

Reaction score

THL
PDAG996BXXU3AUF2
CSCG996BOXM3AUF2

XSP
PDAG996BXXU3AUF2
CSCG996BOXM3AUEA

Does the difference in that Baseband (AUF2 and AUEA) affects anything as far our local telcos networks as well as OTA are concerned?
when odin with HOME_CSC, the baseband will also update, my phone's baseband is AUE9, which is matching the PDA version I odined. dont need to spend time research, as 99.9% of the time SG version will lag behind, just odin. ;)

jess_sy

Reaction score

THL
PDAG996BXXU3AUF2
CSCG996BOXM3AUF2

XSP
PDAG996BXXU3AUF2
CSCG996BOXM3AUEA

Don't think it will affects much but soon all telcos will be activating 5G SA soon. Based on Singtel and Starhub press release seems like they are working with Samsung to fine tune the software for 5G SA network.

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when odin with HOME_CSC, the baseband will also update, my phone's baseband is AUE9, which is matching the PDA version I odined. dont need to spend time research, as 99.9% of the time SG version will lag behind, just odin. ;)

Don't think it will affects much but soon all telcos will be activating 5G SA soon. Based on Singtel and Starhub press release seems like they are working with Samsung to fine tune the software for 5G SA network.

I see! Anyway, I just flashed the XSP AUF2/AUEA over my THL AUF2/AUF2 for a piece of mind lah! :)

5 minutes job! :whistle:

username03

Reaction score
I see! Anyway, I just flashed the XSP AUF2/AUEA over my THL AUF2/AUF2 for a piece of mind lah! :)

5 minutes job! :whistle:
So flashing it keeps the data on the phone and only changes the csc? I feel like flashing to xsp from STH firmware.

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So flashing it keeps the data on the phone and only changes the csc? I feel like flashing to xsp from STH firmware.
Gurus,

Correct me if I'm worng about the below mentioned.
------------------------------

STOP!

Don't get confused about the 2 different CSC here.

STEP 1:
There is a CSC code on the physical phone itself which you need to key in a code on your phone to change it from STH to XSP in which it will factory reset your phone. That is the 1st step you need to do to on your phone itself.

STEP 2:
The other CSC is the firmware related.
XSP
PDAG996BXXU3AUF2
CSCG996BOXM3AUEA
You cannot change the physical phone CSC from STH to XSP by just flashing XSP firmware (with HOME_CSC). You need to perform STEP 1 first before STEP 2!

So, you still need to go though one round of factory reset as a result of performing STEP 1.

Last edited:

username03

Reaction score
changing CSC code to xsp will wipe out the phone data, alot info can be found on web

Gurus,

STOP!

STEP 1:
There is a CSC code on the physical phone itself which you need to key in a code on your phone to change it from STH to XSP in which it will factory reset your phone. That is the 1st step you need to do to on your phone itself.

STEP 2:
XSP
PDAG996BXXU3AUF2
CSCG996BOXM3AUEA
You cannot change the physical phone CSC from STH to XSP by just flashing XSP firmware (with HOME_CSC). You need to perform STEP 1 first before STEP 2!

So, you still need to go though one round of factory reset as a result of performing STEP 1.
So leceh! Not worth the time and effort for me. Anyway whichever band our local telcos are on I’m able to use without issues right? Since it has STH/XSP inside. XSP means X service provider so assume all will be fine if other telcos launch other bands.

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So leceh! Not worth the time and effort for me. Anyway whichever band our local telcos are on I’m able to use without issues right? Since it has STH/XSP inside. XSP means X service provider so assume all will be fine if other telcos launch other bands.

Ya! Haha! It's not for the faint hearted!

Just stick to your physical phone CSC with STH lah! It doesn't matter even if you switch telco! It will work perfectly fine!

Few of us, just have got nothing better to do LOL... but again we changed it immediately the moment we got the phone home before we start setting up the phone! So, the lecehness of Factory Reset is kind of irrelevant to us! Mine is a SingTel (SIN) set and I changed it to XSP right away and I'm with M1!

Last edited:

username03

Reaction score
Ya! Haha! It's not for the faint hearted!

Just stick to your physical phone CSC with STH lah! It doesn't matter even if you switch telco! It will work perfectly fine!

Few of us, just have got nothing better to do LOL... but again we changed it immediately the moment we got the phone home before we start setting up the phone! So, the lecehness of Factory Reset is kind of irrelevant to us! Mine is a SingTel (SIN) set and I changed it to XSP right away and I'm with M1!
Then you keep flashing overseas update means you keep factory reset?

WhiteAnt

Banned
Reaction score
Gurus,

STOP!

STEP 1:

STEP 2:
XSP
PDAG996BXXU3AUF2
CSCG996BOXM3AUEA

Now is 2021 why still need do all these manual stuff :(

This is sth I find android phones messy and non-consistent :crazy:

username03

Reaction score
Now is 2021 why still need do all these manual stuff :(

This is sth I find android phones messy and non-consistent :crazy:
Because he wants to be the first to receive the updates. Android, i believe, due to certain countries have certain telco restrictions and different bands, such as the phone is locked to certain telco and sold by that telco and can only be used by that telco customers. So the base software update is the same, just that the modem software is different for different regions. If i’m not explaining it wrongly :ROFLMAO:

username03

Reaction score
if you don't change the home CSC, there's no data reset and everything still works
But my firmware is branded STH, i can‘t flash XSP unbranded firmware without factory reset right, as mentioned above in earlier replies. Even if I follow what you said.

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can only say this.

Those who know what to do and technically know how. It is fun to learn how to even it is not a must.

That's great thing about Android. Flexibility and lets you do what you wanna do with it if you know how and do it right.

We have fun doing it. :)

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Flashed over same firmware got use ? Same firmware never indicate software optimization
The only difference is the baseband between THL and XSP.

That's why I also not sure any difference it makes, technically in term of network / cell comparabilities.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.