China Tablets to recommend

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Alright. I've just made a purchase ~SGD500. Hopefully I can flash it to Global ROM as with previous generation of Lenovo Pad... Can't wait for it to deliver ;)
Remember to update us hor.... we all waiting for your news!!! And $500 is good price - $15 more than what I paid for the Xiaoxin Pad Pro this year...

kinderbuenojhj

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Moi ish looking for 2-in-1 tablet/laptop (something machiam Surface Go) that can use wif detachable keyboard/touchpad ..

preferably that runs on Windows and cums bundled wif full MS Office .. but hearsay MS Office can also be used and run on Android, true ?

most importantly moi want something on the cheaper side , to buy the Surface Go/Pro like abit ex to moi .. so anyone can recommend any alternative tablets of diff brands but wif similar function on the cheap ?

no need those high-end ones , a midranger eg. I5 or something similar will do ..

budget-wise , preferably anything below $400 if possible ..

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Moi ish looking for 2-in-1 tablet/laptop (something machiam Surface Go) that can use wif detachable keyboard/touchpad ..

preferably that runs on Windows and cums bundled wif full MS Office .. but hearsay MS Office can also be used and run on Android, true ?

most importantly moi want something on the cheaper side , to buy the Surface Go/Pro like abit ex to moi .. so anyone can recommend any alternative tablets of diff brands but wif similar function on the cheap ?

no need those high-end ones , a midranger eg. I5 or something similar will do ..

budget-wise , preferably anything below $400 if possible ..
Wah bro... the China tablet brands, Teclast, Alldocube, Chuwi have 2-in-1 Windows 10 tablets/laptops... but they all use the Gemini Lake processor... which is basically a Celeron processor... the best is a Core M2 processor... like that it may be better to use Android as the OS instead? Not sure what you want to use the tablet for but if it is just for taking notes, office productivity, then Android might be the cheaper option... all can find on sale on Lazada...

kinderbuenojhj

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah bro... the China tablet brands, Teclast, Alldocube, Chuwi have 2-in-1 Windows 10 tablets/laptops... but they all use the Gemini Lake processor... which is basically a Celeron processor... the best is a Core M2 processor... like that it may be better to use Android as the OS instead? Not sure what you want to use the tablet for but if it is just for taking notes, office productivity, then Android might be the cheaper option... all can find on sale on Lazada...

Basically moi main use ish for MS Office (Excel) .. work purposes ..

so , as mentioned moi preferably want something that runs on Windows platform .. best if can bundled wif full MS Office (but that can buy and install separately later) .. processor wise, as long good enuf can use for MS Office smoothly can riao .. moi to use this tablet strictly for on-site work purpose, to do/create Excel stuffs on the go ..

btw, can a full MS Office run or supported on Android ? If like chiu say Android ish cheaper, then moi of cos dun mind .. moi ultimate aim ish to be able use MS Office on a 2-in-1 tablet wif detachable keyboard/touchpad .. doesnt matter what OS, as long can use MS Office on it can riao ..

paiseh bro, moi abit noob on all this Tiong tablets .. can chiu recommend a few for moi consideration ?

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Basically moi main use ish for MS Office (Excel) .. work purposes ..

so , as mentioned moi preferably want something that runs on Windows platform .. best if can bundled wif full MS Office (but that can buy and install separately later) .. processor wise, as long good enuf can use for MS Office smoothly can riao .. moi to use this tablet strictly for on-site work purpose, to do/create Excel stuffs on the go ..

btw, can a full MS Office run or supported on Android ? If like chiu say Android ish cheaper, then moi of cos dun mind .. moi ultimate aim ish to be able use MS Office on a 2-in-1 tablet wif detachable keyboard/touchpad .. doesnt matter what OS, as long can use MS Office on it can riao ..

paiseh bro, moi abit noob on all this Tiong tablets .. can chiu recommend a few for moi consideration ?
Cos your budget below $400... Windows 2-in-1 is impossible lar... even the China brand tablets also need more than $500 leh....

Chuwi UBook X2 (Windows 10 2-in-1) - got keyboard with touchpad.. $654 with tablet. Running Intel Celeron... 12-inch screen...
https://www.lazada.sg/products/2021...ist.69.766e1084Ofb6RD&search=1&freeshipping=1
Teclast X6 Pro (Windows 10 2-in-1) - got keyboard with touchpad... $770 with tablet... also running Intel Core M3... much better processor hence the price hike... 12.6 inch screen...
https://www.lazada.sg/products/tecl...list.2.51b36b3b8mtXi9&search=1&freeshipping=1
Alldocube KNote X Pro (Windows 10 2-in-1) - got keyboard with touchpad... $579 with tablet... running Intel Celeron... 13.3 inch screen...
https://www.lazada.sg/products/alld...nated-2k-screen-i1208072538-s4870046411.html?
My take is that the Teclast X6 Pro seems the best... cos most powerful processor + largest screen... for Excel, if you're not into huge databases and macros and complex worksheets, I guess it's ok for Celeron or Core M3 processors lar... pricing you can check... these are the latest ones from these 3 most popular brands in the Singapore market now...

Check for the following since you will be using outdoors:
1. Laminated screen to reduce reflections
2. Maximum brightness
3. Battery life
4. Charging speed

The rest about the same same for all 3...

Since you need to use Excel... I will avoid Chinese Android tablets cos they're all very small at 10.1"... how to see? At least 12 inches lar....

Nuclear Boy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Android does seem to have the full Office suite. You can also use WPS Office as an alternative. Both are free to install. You can definitely work on spreadsheets on those two suites.

Main qn is why specifically a 2-in-1 and with a detachable kb? You'd be paying a premium for smaller screen and lower performance on general. There are full-featured 14/15-inch Windows laptops at the price of Ming Ern's recommendations above. All of which exceed your budget too.

The only devices within your budget would be 10-inch tablets with a bluetooth kb+mouse add on the side. (For portability)
Or refurbished Thinkpads (For bigger screen, better performance, and durability; comes with Windows installed)

Last edited:

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Android does seem to have the full Office suite. You can also use WPS Office as an alternative. Both are free to install. You can definitely work on spreadsheets on those two suites.

Main qn is why specifically a 2-in-1 and with a detachable kb? You'd be paying a premium for smaller screen and lower performance on general. There are full-featured 14/15-inch Windows laptops at the price of Ming Ern's recommendations above. All of which exceed your budget too.

The only devices within your budget would be 10-inch tablets with a bluetooth kb+mouse add on the side. (For portability)
Or refurbished Thinkpads (For bigger screen, better performance, and durability; comes with Windows installed)
Maybe he wants to use it as a tablet for showing clients, and that means a laptop may be too heavy to handle... and when he needs to use a keyboard, a magnetically attached one is pretty useful...

kinderbuenojhj

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

WPS ish "limited" ..

moi need full MS Office features ..

:o

kinderbuenojhj

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cos your budget below $400... Windows 2-in-1 is impossible lar... even the China brand tablets also need more than $500 leh....

Chuwi UBook X2 (Windows 10 2-in-1) - got keyboard with touchpad.. $654 with tablet. Running Intel Celeron... 12-inch screen...
https://www.lazada.sg/products/2021...ist.69.766e1084Ofb6RD&search=1&freeshipping=1
Teclast X6 Pro (Windows 10 2-in-1) - got keyboard with touchpad... $770 with tablet... also running Intel Core M3... much better processor hence the price hike... 12.6 inch screen...
https://www.lazada.sg/products/tecl...list.2.51b36b3b8mtXi9&search=1&freeshipping=1
Alldocube KNote X Pro (Windows 10 2-in-1) - got keyboard with touchpad... $579 with tablet... running Intel Celeron... 13.3 inch screen...
https://www.lazada.sg/products/alld...nated-2k-screen-i1208072538-s4870046411.html?
My take is that the Teclast X6 Pro seems the best... cos most powerful processor + largest screen... for Excel, if you're not into huge databases and macros and complex worksheets, I guess it's ok for Celeron or Core M3 processors lar... pricing you can check... these are the latest ones from these 3 most popular brands in the Singapore market now...

Check for the following since you will be using outdoors:
1. Laminated screen to reduce reflections
2. Maximum brightness
3. Battery life
4. Charging speed

The rest about the same same for all 3...

Since you need to use Excel... I will avoid Chinese Android tablets cos they're all very small at 10.1"... how to see? At least 12 inches lar....

Noted bro ..

firebrand83

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Alright. I've just made a purchase ~SGD500. Hopefully I can flash it to Global ROM as with previous generation of Lenovo Pad... Can't wait for it to deliver ;)
Any link thank you, also how can I flash it to global rom

BillaMax

Reaction score
Any link thank you, also how can I flash it to global rom
Actually let me give you a break down of the price I paid:

1. Lenovo Pad Pro 2021 Tablet (6G + 128G/SD 870/ WiFi) - SGD 521.30
2. Glass Screen Protector 2 Piece - SGD 3.70
3. Faux Leather Case - SGD 5.83
4. Shipping to SG + GST - SGD39.06

So total I actually paid SGD 569.89 for this tablet bundle... Still waiting for it to arrive as I selected Sea Shipping.

The link is actually just the official Lenovo Tmall Store. But it's OOS for now. This was the link: https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=644912602413&spm=a1z09.2.0.0.7d372e8di8ahvX&_u=71jan1u6a212

Will take some time to play with it and write my first review when it arrive. Can't wait!!!

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually let me give you a break down of the price I paid:

1. Lenovo Pad Pro 2021 Tablet (6G + 128G/SD 870/ WiFi) - SGD 521.30
2. Glass Screen Protector 2 Piece - SGD 3.70
3. Faux Leather Case - SGD 5.83
4. Shipping to SG + GST - SGD39.06

So total I actually paid SGD 569.89 for this tablet bundle... Still waiting for it to arrive as I selected Sea Shipping.

The link is actually just the official Lenovo Tmall Store. But it's OOS for now. This was the link: https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=644912602413&spm=a1z09.2.0.0.7d372e8di8ahvX&_u=71jan1u6a212

Will take some time to play with it and write my first review when it arrive. Can't wait!!!
Basically an incremental upgrade... SD730 to SD870, 60Hz to 90Hz screen, everything else seems identical... even the weight?

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure how anyone can consider the pad pro 2021 just "incremental upgrade" to its predecessor. List of upgrades based on spec sheet:

SOC from SD730 to SD 870. Performance gain is HUGE.
Pad pro 2021 antutu score is around 71k compared to the 28k for the 2020 version. Even the mid ranger lenovo pad plus with sd750 craps on sd730 in terms of performance.

Ram + internal storage from LPDDR4x + UFS 2.1 to LPDDR5 + UFS3.1

Oled screen from 60 hz to 90hz.
I feel this is a somewhat superficial upgrade but some folks will swear by the fluidity of higher refresh rate screens so to each his own. A more important change is that the screen on the pad pro 2021 is brighter with 420 nits typical and 600 nits peak. But the bummer here is that according to chinese reviews i read, the screen still uses pentile arrangement also found on pad pro 2020.

Wifi
Pad pro 2021 supports wifi 6(ax) while the older version only supports up to ac. That provides future proofing for years to come even if you are currently not running a wifi 6 setup.

Price wise on taobao, the pad pro 2021 can be had at 2500rmb during promotion(u.p. 3000rmb). Thats only about $60 more than the pad pro 2020 which is still selling at around 2200rmb. That makes going for the pad pro 2021 a total no brainer if you can get it at the promo price.

To put into perspective the value you get for specs of the pad pro 2021, compare it against the huawei mate pro 12.6 selling at around 5500rmb, which incidentally also uses a oled screen with pentile arrangement.

QuosS8u.jpg

Yar sure no doubt the matepad pro 12.6 is higher specced but is it worth twice the price and not forgetting there is no support for google at all on the huawei.

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who want to try out HarmonyOS, Huawei Matepad 10.8 2021 using SD870 is kind of interesting. I will not use my main phone with HarmonyOS without Google GMS, but for a pad, maybe it is okay.
https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_matepad_pro_10_8_(2021)-10938.php
I am actually happy with my Huawei Mediapad Youth Edition 8inch with Kirin 710 (2019), no Google GMS but fine for entertainment usage (no Netflix for me).

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure how anyone can consider the pad pro 2021 just "incremental upgrade" to its predecessor. List of upgrades based on spec sheet:

SOC from SD730 to SD 870. Performance gain is HUGE.
Pad pro 2021 antutu score is around 71k compared to the 28k for the 2020 version. Even the mid ranger lenovo pad plus with sd750 craps on sd730 in terms of performance.

Ram + internal storage from LPDDR4x + UFS 2.1 to LPDDR5 + UFS3.1

Oled screen from 60 hz to 90hz.
I feel this is a somewhat superficial upgrade but some folks will swear by the fluidity of higher refresh rate screens so to each his own. A more important change is that the screen on the pad pro 2021 is brighter with 420 nits typical and 600 nits peak. But the bummer here is that according to chinese reviews i read, the screen still uses pentile arrangement also found on pad pro 2020.

Wifi
Pad pro 2021 supports wifi 6(ax) while the older version only supports up to ac. That provides future proofing for years to come even if you are currently not running a wifi 6 setup.

Price wise on taobao, the pad pro 2021 can be had at 2500rmb during promotion(u.p. 3000rmb). Thats only about $60 more than the pad pro 2020 which is still selling at around 2200rmb. That makes going for the pad pro 2021 a total no brainer if you can get it at the promo price.

To put into perspective the value you get for specs of the pad pro 2021, compare it against the huawei mate pro 12.6 selling at around 5500rmb, which incidentally also uses a oled screen with pentile arrangement.

QuosS8u.jpg

Yar sure no doubt the matepad pro 12.6 is higher specced but is it worth twice the price and not forgetting there is no support for google at all on the huawei.
Depends on what you do on your tablet... sure the new chipset is a lot more powerful but I use my tablet only to surf the net and watch YouTube and some note-taking using Microsoft Word... and do some shopping using shopping apps... I don't even multi-task... hardly taxes the SD730 chipset... so even with a more powerful processor, I doubt it will make a lot of difference for me... hence it's incremental for me... for my use case, I think the faster screen refresh rate is more appreciated... and I think perhaps more RAM would make things smoother or faster...

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you do on your tablet... sure the new chipset is a lot more powerful but I use my tablet only to surf the net and watch YouTube and some note-taking using Microsoft Word... and do some shopping using shopping apps... I don't even multi-task... hardly taxes the SD730 chipset... so even with a more powerful processor, I doubt it will make a lot of difference for me... hence it's incremental for me... for my use case, I think the faster screen refresh rate is more appreciated... and I think perhaps more RAM would make things smoother or faster...
Well not like its anyone else's fault that you are making broad statements instead of explicitly stating the upgrades are incremental for your usage needs, and the world simply doesn't only revolve around you.

In terms of cost-performance ratio, the release of pad pro 2021 and pad plus totally renders the pad pro 2020 obsolete. I don't think there is any circumstances the pad pro 2020 should be considered when looking to buy a tablet now. Even under a tight budget, i much rather get the pad plus at around $350. Not only do i save $80, i also get a higher performance SOC. And i think most people can live with an ips screen instead of a underwhelming oled screen such as the one on the pad pro 2020.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well not like its anyone else's fault that you are making broad statements instead of explicitly stating the upgrades are incremental for your usage needs, and the world simply doesn't only revolve around you.

In terms of cost-performance ratio, the release of pad pro 2021 and pad plus totally renders the pad pro 2020 obsolete. I don't think there is any circumstances the pad pro 2020 should be considered when looking to buy a tablet now. Even under a tight budget, i much rather get the pad plus at around $350. Not only do i save $80, i also get a higher performance SOC. And i think most people can live with an ips screen instead of a underwhelming oled screen such as the one on the pad pro 2020.
Chill bro... just discussing tablets... no need to burst a vein for it... ha ha...

As is the case with Chinese tablet manufacturers, new offerings tend to orphan their older offerings... Lenovo is not much different unfortunately... now it remains whet

kop2311987

Reaction score
What's the best tablet currently for mainly viewing streaming videos? Just need the screen to be gd + won't lag when watching

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.