小米AIoT路由器 AX3600

cnt

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I want to set up 2 ax3600 as mesh using lan cable, do I connect from lan to lan or lan to wan?

lazy999

Reaction score
Guys, I dl mi wifi app and wanted to use it to configurate the xiaomi ax3600.

But i struck at the sign up page, its just keep loading, seem forever. Can i know what is the issue?

shengyu

Reaction score
Hello all! am quite new to this changing router.

always have been using what is issued by individual ISPs :D
so currently i'm using Asus Lyra mesh (3 unit).

Does it help with the coverage, if i were to change to 1 x AX3600 with 1 x AX1800?
I'm using wireless backhaul, without any line of sight.

blurnard

Reaction score
Hello all! am quite new to this changing router.

always have been using what is issued by individual ISPs :D
so currently i'm using Asus Lyra mesh (3 unit).

Does it help with the coverage, if i were to change to 1 x AX3600 with 1 x AX1800?
I'm using wireless backhaul, without any line of sight.

I think your current would serve you better as it is a tri band mesh router.

If you use a dual band to form a mesh coverage, the speed would be compromised as some of the bandwidth will be used as the wireless backhaul.

blurnard

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have just recently started using this rather awesome router.

I have facing issues in adding my smart robovac and wireless printer to the network.

Had tried changing the dns to google.

Any gurus here to help?

TitanSmall

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just changed from my ac1200 to this.. wow.. really very significant improvement...

TitanSmall

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Question

This is my current setup. ONT -- Asus ac1200 -- ax3600. All connected thru lan cable.

Im assuming my ax3600 should act as AP while leaving the routing work to ac1200. If so, how do I set my ax3600 to AP mode? Is there a need to?

My ax3600 is china version.

Many thanks

jasonho

Reaction score
Question

This is my current setup. ONT -- Asus ac1200 -- ax3600. All connected thru lan cable.

Im assuming my ax3600 should act as AP while leaving the routing work to ac1200. If so, how do I set my ax3600 to AP mode? Is there a need to?

Many thanks
Not a rule of thumb, but personally I will always put the more powerful device (AX3600 in this case) to me the main router and AC1200 as AP.

ONT -- ax3600 --<lan>-- Asus ac1200

coldboy

Master Member
Reaction score
Question

Many thanks
Why do you still need the ASUS AC1200? The AX3600 is unable to cover your whole place?

TitanSmall

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not a rule of thumb, but personally I will always put the more powerful device (AX3600 in this case) to me the main router and AC1200 as AP.

ONT -- ax3600 --<lan>-- Asus ac1200

Why do you still need the ASUS AC1200? The AX3600 is unable to cover your whole place?

The ax3600 is able to cover my whole place but I need some Lan connection to my living room. So I need a bridge (not sure if I used the correct term) in my DB box. I can't put the ax3600 in my DB box cause its not really at the center of my place..

I can alternatively switch the position of the routers as suggested but most of my wireless equipment is connected to the AP. So the ac1200 is not good enough to act as the AP. Which is why I replace the AP from ac1200 to ax3600.

So my current network is something like this..

ONT -- ac1200 -- ax3600
-- living room TV box

Any suggestion on how to improve? Thanks...

Azu-nyaa

Reaction score
Hi, I created an account just to post about setting up my new ax3600 which I just obtained yesterday. I brought a china version one and I am using m1 broadband.

Although I read here that turning off your ONT for 15-60mins works. Turning off my ONT (in my case the old
old huawei black one) no matter how long doesn't allow your ax3600 to connect to internet (there will be a red light showing). You have to call (strictly during working hours :cautious:) to ask them to do a reset (flush your old router MAC and who knows what they did :LOL:) and after she guide me & restarting it'll work (all 3 lights are blue/cyan). Glad the m1 personnel is nice. Hope this helps anyone else that brought this router ;);).

Best to already set your wifi connection to ax3600 and know the router well before calling. So you can verify whether it router connects to the internet.

My version is in chinese so I use Google lens to convert to English (I access the router on my computer)

The coverage is awesome. No matter where I go in my hdb the strength is full bar. All my previous router dead spot are gone.

Edit: I did update my to the latest version (1.1.15) before calling m1 for reset. I simply hook ax3600 to my old router by LAN to update and test ax3600

Last edited:

Azu-nyaa

Reaction score
does this router support VPN like nordvpn?
My VPNunlimited by KeepSolid plan works well (connect through wireguard protocol). I read that ax3600 don't support openVPN. But you can use other protocol like Wireguard, IKEv2,etc (I saw on nordvpn website they support 3 other protocol other than openvpn). You should be able to just select the protocol easily from nordvpn app.

blurnard

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have just recently started using this rather awesome router.

I have facing issues in adding my smart robovac and wireless printer to the network.

Had tried changing the dns to google.

Any gurus here to help?

any one to help me pls ;p)

jasonho

Reaction score
The ax3600 is able to cover my whole place but I need some Lan connection to my living room. So I need a bridge (not sure if I used the correct term) in my DB box. I can't put the ax3600 in my DB box cause its not really at the center of my place..

I can alternatively switch the position of the routers as suggested but most of my wireless equipment is connected to the AP. So the ac1200 is not good enough to act as the AP. Which is why I replace the AP from ac1200 to ax3600.

So my current network is something like this..

ONT -- ac1200 -- ax3600
-- living room TV box

Any suggestion on how to improve? Thanks...
Since ac1200 is inside your DB, this is the best setup for your house now.

And yes, generally its a good idea to set your AX3600 as AP.

TitanSmall

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since ac1200 is inside your DB, this is the best setup for your house now.

And yes, generally its a good idea to set your AX3600 as AP.

Thanks! But not sure why I am unable to do it successfully..

If I do the method shown in YouTube.. my devices thru WiFi is unable to be assigned IP address. My computer connected thru lan thru the AP is able to access internet.

If I just set it to AP mode, my AP is unable to get internet from my main router (ac1200).

Gave up.. lol

coldboy

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks! But not sure why I am unable to do it successfully..

If I do the method shown in YouTube.. my devices thru WiFi is unable to be assigned IP address. My computer connected thru lan thru the AP is able to access internet.

If I just set it to AP mode, my AP is unable to get internet from my main router (ac1200).

Gave up.. lol
If you need purely for Lan connection, then turn off the wireless for your AC1200 if you are able to switch the position and use it purely as a router. You don't really need it to be in the Centre as the wireless has quite a big coverage. Personally, I also placed at the db box which is at the left end of my house and the furthest end is still able to receive good connection.

Sometimes, too much wireless connection will weaken due to wireless collision and competition for channels.

blurnard

Reaction score
Hi hi...

thanks for the reply.

using app to connect to the router no issue for me.

Now its adding my robovac + wireless printer having issues.

Somemore even after disabling wifi6 functions, it is still not possible.

Had even tried connecting back my previous router to face the same issue haha..

Contacted the robovac's support for help haha

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.