how much salary would be sufficient for a single sinkie in early 30s???

Trader11

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Part of the reason is age.

You’re probably thinking of NOW right? Yes fresh graduates these days with good honors may get 4k and above.

but if you’re talking to uncles in their 50s and 60s, back when they were fresh out of school they only got 2k+ and it wasn’t until their 30s they reached 4k.

Source: My father, and also another senior near retirement colleague who always tell me how unfair it is my starting pay was around his mid career pay 20 years ago.
Tell them to compare HDB price. And whether they face ceca pressure

Nicholas92

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tell them to compare HDB price. And whether they face ceca pressure
No use one. My parents have no concept of time value of money or real income. They think $1 today today is the same as $1 50 years ago.

but they know how to complain things expensive only.

LubbyLub

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If chiu everyday go find cheekon go massage special 10k oso no enuff la

GodLess

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yahoo_default_logo-1200x1200.png

Can S$1,000-a-month salary really afford to buy a HDB flat?
Minister of State for Manpower and National Development Tan Chuan-Jin on Friday evening took to Facebook to clarify the comment made by Deputy Prime Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam in Parliament on Thursday. In a Facebook note titled "Earn $1,000 a month … <a...
favicon.ico

sg.news.yahoo.com
Don't think so much.

but CPF is meant for retirement, no??

吃喝拉撒

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.