bolster

Master Member
Reaction score
04_10_17_18-06-21_parcclemantis_bounce_pl.png

Why they advertise like firesale?

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
only worth it if bounced unit is less than previous transacted price. at $1703 PSF for 2nd floor..probably give it a pass. I went PC showroom and notice every floor only 3K extra for a 3 bedder.

most importantly, alot of the 1 bedders were sold at $15-16xx in 2020 at much higher floors. To me this is a bad sign and i will never get a 2 or 3 bedder there...because you need the 1 bedder with affordable quantum to push up the psf for the development...this limit the gain for the larger units.

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought $1.443m in 2020 July.

Potential 1 yr appreciate 80k? :eek:
its the developer raised price. for bounced units they always raise price in upmarket before relaunching into market, and confiscate 1.25% deposit from prev buyer..huat.

i rem when i visited the showroom there were lots of angpow on trees...but once i heard all the 1 bedder were sold at 16xx i left liao because there is no way i am going to get a 3 bedder at higher price.

bolster

Master Member
Reaction score
its the developer raised price. for bounced units they always raise price in upmarket before relaunching into market, and confiscate 1.25% deposit from prev buyer..huat.

i rem when i visited the showroom there were lots of angpow on trees...but once i heard all the 1 bedder were sold at 16xx i left liao because there is no way i am going to get a 3 bedder at higher price.

But strange. Why wait till now? Thought the government stop developer from reissuing OTP? Typical unit should have completed the sale and fall should fall under subsale if the owner wants to sell?

Probably the developer promise the owner re-issuing up to 1yr.

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But strange. Why wait till now? Thought the government stop developer from reissuing OTP? Typical unit should have completed the sale and fall should fall under subsale if the owner wants to sell?

Probably the developer promise the owner re-issuing up to 1yr.
no idea too usually if OTP issued and buyer never proceed to execute on S&P agreemnt developer will relaunch, or maybe developer extend the otp for this buyer, or intentionally keep stock due to upmarket. Anyway parc clementis is not good if one is getting a 3 or 4 bedder..i rather go kismis, forett or daintree where the 1 BR is supporting price of 3 bedder and not other way round

roflolmao

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3 BR? less than 900 square feet?

lol others will call it 2BR + study

i like other location better, you can go ahead

ThinkCarefully

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
####

Bounced out units are treated as ‘ rare gem’ where Developers will increase price before reselling....

Exactly what we see in recent new launches, bounced out units must even go through proper balloting and numbering system.

(These are what I will normally turn away unless the price is really that attractive)

Like I have shared in a previous post, I used to have luck with bounced out units.

Once when a project was 100% sold out 2 hours during launch (yes, those were the days) and my agent friend informed me of one bounced out unit after 1 week.

The other was one bounced out unit I found myself when I spotted this unit available 6 hours after launch... again most units at that level and price were already taken up by the time my number was called two hours after launch..
I see it as stars aligned when I picked that unit... (I was told the unit became available when the buyer upgraded to a much bigger unit and the developer agreed)

###

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The interesting thing about bounced out units is after developers marked up the price and managed to find takers, many existing owners believes they had made a paper gain. :o
The other spectrum would be the bounced out unit sold lower later quite a few in those poor selling projects. Those would definitely count as a paper loss for earlier buyers.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
The other spectrum would be the bounced out unit sold lower later quite a few in those poor selling projects. Those would definitely count as a paper loss for earlier buyers.
Being in resale market couple of times, I only believe the real test is only when unit enters resale. :o

rlskyline

Master Member
Reaction score
####

Bounced out units are treated as ‘ rare gem’ where Developers will increase price before reselling....

Exactly what we see in recent new launches, bounced out units must even go through proper balloting and numbering system.

(These are what I will normally turn away unless the price is really that attractive)

Like I have shared in a previous post, I used to have luck with bounced out units.

Once when a project was 100% sold out 2 hours during launch (yes, those were the days) and my agent friend informed me of one bounced out unit after 1 week.

The other was one bounced out unit I found myself when I spotted this unit available 6 hours after launch... again most units at that level and price were already taken up by the time my number was called two hours after launch..
I see it as stars aligned when I picked that unit... (I was told the unit became available when the buyer upgraded to a much bigger unit and the developer agreed)

###
did u make actual profit from these bounced units?

Passerboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Being in resale market couple of times, I only believe the real test is only when unit enters resale. :o
Yeah. But if the bounced unit is sold lower high chance the early buyers also gg to expect losses in resale market. But the reverse may not be true.

NiShiZhu

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah. But if the bounced unit is sold lower high chance the early buyers also gg to expect losses in resale market. But the reverse may not be true.
Hehe it reminds me of 38 jervois. Though the leftover not bounce out units.
cfm those buy earlier jialat Liao.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.