Sony Xperia 1 III

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
xperia1iii.jpg

if use the photo pro mode can improve detail/texture until like S21U??
You mean highlight? Turn on auto HDR can already. Photo pro can either turn off everything, turn on auto DRO (dynamic range optimizer) or turn on auto HDR. Auto HDR gets the most contrasting results using the 24 mm main lens. It can also used as "night mode".

As for detail the xperia resolution is actually very good already. I suspect Samsung sharpen most photos.

Last edited:

magnus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Turn on auto HDR can already. Photo pro can either turn off everything, turn on auto DRO (dynamic range optimizer) or turn on auto HDR. Auto HDR gets the most contrasting results using the 24 mm main lens. It can also used as "night mode"
So the night and low light photography will be equally good when using photo Pro? The sensor size is much smaller than some flagship phones.

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
So the night and low light photography will be equally good when using photo Pro? The sensor size is much smaller than some flagship phones.
Which flagship phone? Its main sensor is 1/1.7 inch size the Samsung S21 ultra is 1/1.33 size. Smaller not by much.

magnus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which flagship phone? Its main sensor is 1/1.7 inch size the Samsung S21 ultra is 1/1.33 size. Smaller not by much.
mi 11 ultra. I'm ok with learning how to play around with photo pro as long can take nice pic.
more concerned about the batt life than camera.

magnus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
xperia1iii.jpg

ordered this casing.
will give it away in case I'm not getting the phone due to poor batt performance.

chunxi

Reaction score
that's how the other brand never do battery optimization try to put down sony.
they just try to put bigger battery to cover the laziness.
sony always optimize their software and never add unnecessary bloatware.
the screen will work mostly in 1080 mode, and only 4k when you play 4k stuff.

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
that's how the other brand never do battery optimization try to put down sony.
they just try to put bigger battery to cover the laziness.
sony always optimize their software and never add unnecessary bloatware.
the screen will work mostly in 1080 mode, and only 4k when you play 4k stuff.
Always good to have the option to stretch your battery every so slightly especially for heavy users who don't get access to charging points regularly

Read HWZ Forum Rules!
Watch this video speed comparison till 8.20 minute you will see the battery consumption score vs the Samsung S21 ultra. Take note the phone is utilizing 120Hz 4k .

EmPtYsOuLz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I really hope the battery pans out well as I'm looking to swap my OP7T for this. My last Sony was a Z3 which I had really good memories of until I foolishly shattered the screen. The battery life was on that was stellar, can easily last full day even with light gaming

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
I really hope the battery pans out well as I'm looking to swap my OP7T for this. My last Sony was a Z3 which I had really good memories of until I foolishly shattered the screen. The battery life was on that was stellar, can easily last full day even with light gaming
Then all the more you shouldnt worry already. Battery life of the xperia 1II is better than the Z3. With the additional 500mah on the xperia 1III it will likely last even longer.

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score

mi 11 ultra. I'm ok with learning how to play around with photo pro as long can take nice pic.
more concerned about the batt life than camera.
Haha your wish fulfilled. 4k 120Hz display with 4500mah beating Xiaomi with 5000mah battery. lmagine setting Sony refresh rate to 60Hz it will last even longer, probably catching up with one plus 9.

Now the killer part is the snapdragon 888 processor which easily overheats ...

fallraen

Reaction score
Im actually keen on the Xperia for bedside gaming when I plug in to game in bed. Apparently it has Heat Suppression (HS) so it doesn't charge your battery but bypasses it when plugged in and gaming? Does anyone know if this is available on the cheaper 10iii, I tried to find info but couldn't. Before anyone says something about gaming on the SD 690 on the Xperia 10ii, I play mainly low Rez indie stuff and card games. Don't need the extra fps. I'm still rocking a dated p20 pro.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.