小米AIoT路由器 AX3600

blurnard

Reaction score
Hi hi...

thanks for the reply.

using app to connect to the router no issue for me.

Now its adding my robovac + wireless printer having issues.

Somemore even after disabling wifi6 functions, it is still not possible.

Had even tried connecting back my previous router to face the same issue haha..

Contacted the robovac's support for help haha
Hi All,

thanks for the advice.

for the wireless printer, I guess it’s my laptop that I had turned off some settings that prevented the wireless printing..tried with another laptop that prints wireless just fine.

as for the robovacuum, the manufacturer did some adjustment on their server to allow the successful pairing of vac to the app.

{jarvis}

Reaction score
am interested to buy AX3600 after reading this thread However still have some questions
1) is it compatible with My Republic ISP?
2) i would want a English UI as i cmi in chinese (probably a global version is better)
3) but if i were to choose global version, i read that TX power is throttled

So which version (china/global) should i buy and which firmware (china/global should i use if i want
a) english UI
b) maximum TX power

blurnard

Reaction score
am interested to buy AX3600 after reading this thread However still have some questions
2) i would want a English UI as i cmi in chinese (probably a global version is better)

So which version (china/global) should i buy and which firmware (china/global should i use if i want
a) english UI
b) maximum TX power

You can still buy the china version, then flash the firmware to the global rom and still maintain the high tx power.

Otherwise, with the china version, use chrome's auto translate feature to translate into english for the initial setting up.

After that for basic settings, you can use the app to settle.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

a) english UI
b) maximum TX power
You can just use the app in english to set up and configure everything.

{jarvis}

Reaction score
You can still buy the china version, then flash the firmware to the global rom and still maintain the high tx power.

Otherwise, with the china version, use chrome's auto translate feature to translate into english for the initial setting up.

After that for basic settings, you can use the app to settle.
after flashing the firmware to global rom, will the default tx power inherit from the china version? or will have to do those ssh and CountryCode in bdata?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
after flashing the firmware to global rom, will the default tx power inherit from the china version? or will have to do those ssh and CountryCode in bdata?

I am not an Xiaomi AX3600 owner myself (as I decided to buy Asus RT-AX82U China version and not Xiaomi AX3600 China version in the end) , but based on the info of my previous discussions with an expert of AX3600, the higher TX power will be preserved if you use global FW on the China version of AX3600. You gain English web UI and SingTel VLAN support (only useful for SingTel ONT users).

So if you only care about English UI and TX power, you are done.

However if you care about more FW features than the stock web UI exposes, then SSH is a must.

miloaisdino

Reaction score
ive got my ax3600 recently.. qoo10 for $106 (i could have paid even less eg $86 if i waited for better coupons but oh well). dirt cheap even compared to taobao listings

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ive got my ax3600 recently.. qoo10 for $106 (i could have paid even less eg $86 if i waited for better coupons but oh well). dirt cheap even compared to taobao listings

Nice one. I believe you have got the SSH working. How do you like it so far, compared to your existing MikroTik?

It is one of the best WiFi 6 router for tinkering as mentioned by some experts (eg: porky_88 who compared Asus TUF AX3000 and RT-AX82U China version with Xiaomi AX3600), because of the underlying customized OpenWRT router OS.

I am lazy myself and chose the easy path to go with Asus RT-AX82U China version where the SSH is already built-in and it is possible to flash 3rd party FW based on Asus stock FW as well but I am sticking to Asus FW.

In terms of TX power, China version of TUF AX3000 and RT-AX82U are comparable to Xiaomi AX3600, wireless spec is a bit higher as they support 4*4 AX 160MH channel, whereas Xiaomi AX3600 only supports 4*4 AX 80MHz or 2*2 AX 160MHz. But Xiaomi AX3600 has much faster CPU.

Last edited:

miloaisdino

Reaction score
Nice one. I believe you have got the SSH working. How do you like it so far, compared to your existing MikroTik?

It is one of the best WiFi 6 router for tinkering as mentioned by some experts (eg: porky_88 who compared Asus TUF AX3000 and RT-AX82U China version with Xiaomi AX3600), because of the underlying customized OpenWRT router OS.

I am lazy myself and chose the easy path to go with Asus RT-AX82U China version where the SSH is already built-in and it is possible to flash 3rd party FW based on Asus stock FW as well but I am sticking to Asus FW.

In terms of TX power, China version of TUF AX3000 and RT-AX82U are comparable to Xiaomi AX3600, wireless spec is a bit higher as they support 4*4 AX 160MH channel, whereas Xiaomi AX3600 only supports 4*4 AX 80MHz or 2*2 AX 160MHz. But Xiaomi AX3600 has much faster CPU.
im using it as an AP for my mikrotik hapac2 :) its a china set so the tx power is so strong that my devices dont bother roaming to my other APs anymore

not that im complaining as i can get 300+mbps in places i cant even connect before.

oddly my wifi 5 device can manage 600mbps dl over ax3600, which is on par with my other wifi 6 device. it seems the wifi 6 modulation is more useful for greater mcs at lower signal strengths compared to wifi 5

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im using it as an AP for my mikrotik hapac2 :) its a china set so the tx power is so strong that my devices dont bother roaming to my other APs anymore

not that im complaining as i can get 300+mbps in places i cant even connect before.

oddly my wifi 5 device can manage 600mbps dl over ax3600, which is on par with my other wifi 6 device. it seems the wifi 6 modulation is more useful for greater mcs at lower signal strengths compared to wifi 5

Haha, you use it as an AP, in that case, no need to tinker already with SSH.

Same here for my Asus RT-AX82U China version, the TX power is strong, I can get around 300 Mbps+ in places where I can not have reliable 5GHz connection.

As for the Wifi 5 device, it will depend. My Wifi 5 devices only get 300-500Mbps, seldom get above 600Mbps. The main exception is my work laptop with Intel AC9560 wifi card (2*2 AC 160MHz), then it gets 800Mbps+, same or a bit higher with my older home laptop with newer Intel AX200 wifi card (2*2 AX 160 MHz).

Test results from my RT-AX82U China version (with Australia region setting to have 26dBm TX power in 5GHz band).
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/asus-rt-ax86u-and-rt-ax82u.6315347/page-51

miloaisdino

Reaction score
Haha, you use it as an AP, in that case, no need to tinker already with SSH.

Same here for my Asus RT-AX82U China version, the TX power is strong, I can get around 300 Mbps+ in places where I can not have reliable 5GHz connection.

As for the Wifi 5 device, it will depend. My Wifi 5 devices only get 300-500Mbps, seldom get above 600Mbps. The main exception is my work laptop with Intel AC9560 wifi card (2*2 AC 160MHz), then it gets 800Mbps+, same or a bit higher with my older home laptop with newer Intel AX200 wifi card (2*2 AX 160 MHz).

Test results from my RT-AX82U China version (with Australia region setting to have 26dBm TX power in 5GHz band).
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/asus-rt-ax86u-and-rt-ax82u.6315347/page-51
hmm. my wifi 5 device is a good old pocophone f1 (xiaomi), over 2 yo. it has 2x2 radio

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm. my wifi 5 device is a good old pocophone f1 (xiaomi), over 2 yo. it has 2x2 radio

Our Wifi 5 devices at home are mostly more than 2.5 years older: iPhone X and 7+, Huawei P20, etc. Occasionally they can reach 600Mbps but not very consistent. Usually 500Mbps+ is what I can get. I have upgraded the home laptop with the Intel AX200 Wifi 6 adpter. And my Mac Mini M1 comes with Wifi 6.

We will have to upgrade a few phones later this year or early next year as the battery life becomes a problem.

miloaisdino

Reaction score
Our Wifi 5 devices at home are mostly more than 2.5 years older: iPhone X and 7+, Huawei P20, etc. Occasionally they can reach 600Mbps but not very consistent. Usually 500Mbps+ is what I can get. I have upgraded the home laptop with the Intel AX200 Wifi 6 adpter. And my Mac Mini M1 comes with Wifi 6.

We will have to upgrade a few phones later this year or early next year as the battery life becomes a problem.
interesting observation from my device:
IMG-20210626-182028.jpg

this is on my pocophone f1, 2.4ghz, but displays as wifi 5, 192mbps link rate.

could this be some kind of partial wifi ax support?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
interesting observation from my device:
IMG-20210626-182028.jpg

this is on my pocophone f1,
2.4ghz, but displays as wifi 5, 192mbps link rate.
could this be some kind of partial wifi ax support?

Interesting.

It could be the non standard 256 QAM 20MHz extension for 802.11n. I could not find the number 192 in the AX 20MHz channel table, only 802.11n/AC 20MHz table.

https://www.duckware.com/phytables

miloaisdino

Reaction score
Interesting.

It could be the non standard 256 QAM 20MHz extension for 802.11n. I could not find the number 192 in the AX 20MHz channel table, only 802.11n/AC 20MHz table.

https://www.duckware.com/phytables
this probably explains why i couldnt find 192 in the standard mcs tables.. thanks!

im getting 120-130mbps real world speed with this, very good for 2.4g

edit: on my wifi 6 compatible device (galaxy note 10) i get 229mbps link rate, real world speed 140-155mbps

interpretation: with the increasing overlap in wifi technologies, its practical to treat wifi 4/5/6 as a set of qam modulation used. generally, anything 64-QAM and below is wifi 4, 256-QAM is wifi 5 (with the exception of 1024-QAM extension for some ac router/clients eg singtel ac elite), while wifi 6 (802.11ax) has a different set of higher phy rates for each qam and mcs

Last edited:

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Got a few question.

1. Does this has a Guest Wifi network option? (heard awhile back that this one don't have)
2. Does it have "Parental Control"? (Means can set a schedule to turn on/off wifi for selected devices

I am considering switching to this from my current Asus RT-AC88U because their "Parental Control" sucks big time. Seriously, really disappointed with Asus that they can't get this small little thing resolved.

TitanSmall

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Got a few question.

1. Does this has a Guest Wifi network option? (heard awhile back that this one don't have)
2. Does it have "Parental Control"? (Means can set a schedule to turn on/off wifi for selected devices

I am considering switching to this from my current Asus RT-AC88U because their "Parental Control" sucks big time. Seriously, really disappointed with Asus that they can't get this small little thing resolved.
Yes to both. But I have not personally use these functions so not sure how good are they

paperboxx

Reaction score
Thinking of getting the AX3600. What is the difference between global set and china set apart from language? I have a few xiaomi smart devices connected to my Mi Home app set to Singapore region. if I buy the China set, will it affect whether my xiaomi smart devices can connect to the router?

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thinking of getting the AX3600. What is the difference between global set and china set apart from language? I have a few xiaomi smart devices connected to my Mi Home app set to Singapore region. if I buy the China set, will it affect whether my xiaomi smart devices can connect to the router?
China set has a stronger transmission power but the web interface is in Chinese. It can be overcome by using the App to configure the router in English or flash it to global firmware in English. China set has stronger transmission power compared to local set.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.