👧 18 yr old on racism in Singapore: Majority race should listen and reflect... 👧

daryl76

Honorary Member
Reaction score
feel free to tell me what privilege i have been enjoying as a majority race my whole life.........
2 of which i can think of... in NS, open to all forces and vocations which include damn siong ones

another is vying with majority for public housing whenever u see a unit for sale... for example, "chinese quota filled"

xdivider

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2 of which i can think of... in NS, open to all forces and vocations which include damn siong ones

another is vying with majority for public housing whenever u see a unit for sale... for example, "chinese quota filled"
they are free to have those. so many times my frens cannot buy a place bcos chinese quota full........

daryl76

Honorary Member
Reaction score
they are free to have those. so many times my frens cannot buy a place bcos chinese quota full........
lol exactly.... sounds so much like bumi policy up north... we wanted to buy a place but was told its reserved... also lucky lah, end up we didn't make the purchase

Jellzi

Reaction score

But there are malay fighter pilots and commandos in SAF.

Sidncst

Reaction score

Voices of Youth: Listen, learn from those who have experienced racism​

We like to think that Singapore is a racially harmonious country, but we cannot take that for granted.

Those in the majority race have to acknowledge the privilege they have. They do not live the experiences of the minority groups and may not understand why certain things they say and do can offend or hurt others.

This makes it all the more important to listen to and uplift those who have experienced racism, instead of denying or turning a blind eye to it.

Instead of taking a defensive stance, those in the majority race should listen and reflect, then ask if what they want to say is an effort to absolve culpability or to accept and change. Only then can we build a racially harmonious country.

Xiu Min, 18

JC2 student

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinio...-learn-from-those-who-have-experienced-racism
Recently oso another XDD.. so happy we have precocious citizens.. wa.. :o

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...hinese-benefit-from-17-18-yr-old-xdd.6538996/

https://thesmartlocal.com/malaysia/woman-calls-indians-penumpang/
Then will become like this. 🤣

xdivider

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lol exactly.... sounds so much like bumi policy up north... we wanted to buy a place but was told its reserved... also lucky lah, end up we didn't make the purchase
the whole point sinkiepore is a equal misery system. where u win somewhere u lose elsewhere too. for someone who was claiming chinese has privileges, is this racism then..........

In the late 1980s, the Singapore government’s responsibility for the free tertiary education programme for Malays, a relic from the Federation of Malaya years, was transferred to Mendaki, Singapore’s Malay community self-help group.

The Singapore government gave Mendaki a one-time starter sum to set up the Tertiary Tuition Fee Subsidy. Instead of giving free education to all Malays, this subsidy pays 100 percent of fees for families whose monthly income is below $2,000 and 70 percent of fees for families whose monthly income is between $2,000 and $3,000.

Tertiary Tuition Fee Subsidy (TTFS)

Introduction
TTFS scheme, introduced in 1991, is an education subsidy for Malay students, which covers their tuition fees at tertiary institutions.
With effect from 1 January 2011, students with Malay as their first component race of a double-barrelled race (i.e. Malay-Indian or Malay-Chinese) are also eligible for the scheme. Since 2018, income eligibility criteria for the scheme is revised to benefit more Malay students in tertiary institutions.

Where is the corresponding chinese / indian / eurasian support........

ZedMaster

Banned
Reaction score
I hate military, the life in army is tough. I wished they could post me to SCDF or SPF but I just don't have that privilege.
Sometimes u need to look at things from another perspective.

It's not about what we like, but what we cannot be in the armed forces. If you're a Malay, you will feel the insult.

edmwftw

Banned
Reaction score
This 18 yr-old kiddo should be sent to live in M'sia, UK & US for one yr, then 'listen and reflect'. :s22:

daryl76

Honorary Member
Reaction score
the whole point sinkiepore is a equal misery system. where u win somewhere u lose elsewhere too. for someone who was claiming chinese has privileges, is this racism then..........

Where is the corresponding chinese / indian / eurasian support........
ya man, u win some u lose some

nothing racist abt it, its only racism in your eyes if u are one yourself

xdivider

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya man, u win some u lose some

nothing racist abt it, its only racism in your eyes if u are one yourself
i remember a long time ago some people were complaining about sikhs allowed wearing turbans while neglecting they were banned wearing ceremonial daggers.........

Prime 13

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i rike how the CECA issues has been changed to racial issues and nobuddy question the ceca issues anymore.
By the way, delta variant ish still from india. Regardless what it ish called.
Not racism, just heart truth.

xdivider

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i rike how the CECA issues has been changed to racial issues and nobuddy question the ceca issues anymore.
By the way, delta variant ish still from india. Regardless what it ish called.
Not racism, just heart truth.
no 1 stirrer of sjw is 160 and MIW........hope they get bitten even more by those they call SNOWFLAKES.......

daryl76

Honorary Member
Reaction score
i remember a long time ago some people were complaining about sikhs allowed wearing turbans while neglecting they were banned wearing ceremonial daggers.........
oh wow... seriously that i didn't know

if its for some ceremony like what tangki is doing, den should be allowed lah

x1243x

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Look at it another way...

Ppl claiming majority race has privilege, they are just blaming the majority for their lack of success.

Just look at Malaysia for example. Chinese is majority population, but Malays are the privileged race due to their govt policy giving special treatment to bumis. But in spite of that we don't see the majority of Malay population being more successful whether economically or academically compared to the Chinese population.

It is not about privilege or majority or what... it is all about what they do with their own lives and mindset. The system and policy in Singapore is set up in a way to be pretty much race neutral. The population in Singapore also mostly non-racist except for a minority bunch causing problems (those that are really racist and those who claim racism at everything)
Eh Chinese not majority in Malaysia. That's one reason why sg got kicked out of Malaysia..

daryl76

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Eh Chinese not majority in Malaysia. That's one reason why sg got kicked out of Malaysia..
ya, wouldn't say chinese are majority in malaysia but they certainly contributed the most to the economy in malaysia

x1243x

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya, wouldn't say chinese are majority in malaysia but they certainly contributed the most to the economy in malaysia
Haha.. This one ah.. Not my country I don't want to comment. Later get accused of being racist. But I do know that they have race quotas for stuff like university.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.