XiaoMi Tri-Band Mi AX9000 Gaming Wi-Fi Router with WiFi 6

memojazz

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes power cord can change to local adapter with similar amp.
i only use a 3pin UK adaptor to convert the 2pin US plug to use locally. as it is troublesome to find one that is exact amp and voltage.

alex22

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i only use a 3pin UK adaptor to convert the 2pin US plug to use locally. as it is troublesome to find one that is exact amp and voltage.
So the power brick does not have a detachable power plug cable, I see.

alex22

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can't remember. I think the power brick is those China big adapter
Cos i was thinking if the wall plug is detachable from the brick then just change it, otherwise the original CN plug no earth one right…
Cut and attach a 3pin plug also not much use if no earth

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
Cos i was thinking if the wall plug is detachable from the brick then just change it, otherwise the original CN plug no earth one right…
Cut and attach a 3pin plug also not much use if no earth
No issue with China appliances la. Just use those converter lo.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Chinese YouTube review of the advanced function of Xiaomi AX9000. Looks like the HW performance is higher than Asus RT-AX86U, but we all know Asus wins in FW features and long term support. In any case, Xiaomi AX9000 is one of the best value high end wireless router, just like AX3600 is one of the best value mid end wireless router.

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
Chinese YouTube review of the advanced function of Xiaomi AX9000. Looks like the HW performance is higher than Asus RT-AX86U, but we all know Asus wins in FW features and long term support. In any case, Xiaomi AX9000 is one of the best value high end wireless router, just like AX3600 is one of the best value mid end wireless router.

Asus firmware is cock up la. Which part strong? Long term support maybe? But who cares about long term support for tech products? I don’t need them to support for 10 years. Just support well for 3 years can already

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Asus firmware is cock up la. Which part strong? Long term support maybe? But who cares about long term support for tech products? I don’t need them to support for 10 years. Just support well for 3 years can already

Asus router FW features are way better than Xiaomi or Huawei routers, or Linksys' routers. But it depends on people to use or not use the features. As for FW upgrade stability, indeed a few routers like Asus RT-AX88U and Zenwifi XT8 seem to have issues based on the report here.

The show stopper for me is the lack of SingTel VLAN support for Xiaomi AX9000 or AX6000 (with the exception of Xiaomi AX3600 Global version) as I am using SingTel ONT.

My last router is Linksys WRT1900AC and I used it as my main router from 2014 to 2020. Technically I can use it longer but Linksys stopped the FW support in 2018.

My current router is Asus RT-AX82U and I intend to use it for more than 4 years as well for my Singtel 1Gbps plan.

Last edited:

ablue15

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm on Singtel 1GB BB with Mio TV and using ONR.
The ONR is in the box up cabinet with fiber point.
The wifi router will be in the living room.

Will AX3600, 6000 be able to stream Mio TV?
Some routers do not have the options to stream 'cable tv'.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm on Singtel 1GB BB with Mio TV and using ONR.
The ONR is in the box up cabinet with fiber point.
The wifi router will be in the living room.
Will AX3600, 6000 be able to stream Mio TV?
Some routers do not have the options to stream 'cable tv'.

No. Your SingTel TV has to be connected to the ONR and not Xiaomi router.

For most the non SingTel third party routers, the following setup will not work.

ONR -- Router in AP mode -- SingTel TV.

Only exceptions:
1) Linksys E9450

https://www.linksys.com/sg/support-article?articleNum=317681#B_SingtelBroadbandSingtelTVOne
2) Netgear Orbi
https://netgearstore.sg/blogs/knowledge-base/orbi-singtel-tv-vlan-tag

ablue15

Reaction score

burnz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The show stopper for me is the lack of SingTel VLAN support for Xiaomi AX9000 or AX6000 (with the exception of Xiaomi AX3600 Global version) as I am using SingTel ONT.

Don't need VLAN tagging for Xiaomi routers (or any 3rd party router without VLAN tagging support) to work with Singtel ONR. I found a way to configure my Huawei HG8244H ONR to bridge mode (with port binding), such that ONR ports 1 & 2 are configured in bridge mode to connect to any router's WAN port.

I've been able to connect my AX3600 and AX9000 to my ONR (in bridge mode), with each Xiaomi router WAN having its own public IP. No double NAT, and no need for SSH access into Xiaomi routers to do any additional VLAN config.

Singtel ONR port 1 (Bridge WAN for internet) -> Xiaomi AX3600 (public IP 1)
Singtel ONR port 2 (Bridge WAN for internet) -> Xiaomi AX9000 (public IP 2)
Singtel ONR port 3 -> empty
Singtel ONR port 4 (Route WAN for IPTV) -> Mio TV STB

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't need VLAN tagging for Xiaomi routers (or any 3rd party router without VLAN tagging support) to work with Singtel ONR. I found a way to configure my Huawei HG8244H ONR to bridge mode (with port binding), such that ONR ports 1 & 2 are configured in bridge mode to connect to any router's WAN port.
I've been able to connect my AX3600 and AX9000 to my ONR (in bridge mode), with each Xiaomi router WAN having its own public IP. No double NAT, and no need for SSH access into Xiaomi routers to do any additional VLAN config.
Singtel ONR port 1 (Bridge WAN for internet) -> Xiaomi AX3600 (public IP 1)
Singtel ONR port 2 (Bridge WAN for internet) -> Xiaomi AX9000 (public IP 2)
Singtel ONR port 3 -> empty
Singtel ONR port 4 (Route WAN for IPTV) -> Mio TV STB

I am using SingTel ONT and not ONR. VLAN is required for SingTel ONT users.

You are bridging the SingTel ONR by yourself and this is not supported by SingTel. Anytime SingTel can reset your profile and render your internet access gone. On the other hand, you seem to be a power user so you can probably quickly recover in case that happens. It is recommended to request the ONR bridging officially from SingTel. Then you will get one port bridging for SingTel 1Gbps plan.

Actually SingTel ONT users can use a VLAN capable switch to get multiple public IPs (up to three). And yes in that case Xiaomi AX6000 and AX9000 can be used and also SingTel TV box, as what you are using now. Again this is not officially endorsed by SingTel. But at least SingTel will not mess up with the SingTel ONT.

For SingTel ONR users, only 1+1 Gbps users can officially get two public IPs.

Last edited:

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
VLAN tagging can be easily overcome by swapping ONT to ONR or using the AX9000 as an AP.

VLAN limitation should not be use as an excuse not to get this router which has an incredible performance compared to any router out there in the market at a reasonable price.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
VLAN tagging can be easily overcome by swapping ONT to ONR or using the AX9000 as an AP.
VLAN limitation should not be use as an excuse not to get this router which has an incredible performance compared to any router out there in the market at a reasonable price.

IMHO it is crazy to convert from Singtel ONT to ONR and then use Xiaomi AX9000 as an AP. As a SingTel ONT user for 1Gbps plan, I will cling to the ONT as long as possible.

Anyway, I totally agree Xiaomi AX9000 is wonderful as an AP. Same for Xiaomi AX6000 and AX3600.

As a router, I will still prefer Asus myself (happy user of RT-AX82U China version). RT-AX82U (about RMB 829) is much cheaper than Xiaomi AX9000 (about RMB 1299) and much less powerful, but good enough for me.

When there is an alternative FW for AX9000 then its full potential as a router (beating Asus AX11000) will be achieved. I am not so sure how long that will take though.

Last edited:

katty91

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

can we buy or request the onr from singtel?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can we buy or request the onr from singtel?

You can not buy but SingTel will be happy to convert you from ONT to ONR, but not the other way around. So existing users of ONT will typically cling to the ONT.

All new users are getting ONR. You can request to bridge one port of the ONR so as to use your own router as the main router, but it can be hassle. Once bridged, then indeed you do not need VLAN.

You can of course configure your powerful router to an AP and use the ONR as the main router, but that is kind of wasted.

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
You can not buy but SingTel will be happy to convert you from ONT to ONR, but not the other way around. So existing users of ONT will typically cling to the ONT.

All new users are getting ONR. You can request to bridge one port of the ONR so as to use your own router as the main router, but it can be hassle. Once bridged, then indeed you do not need VLAN.

You can of course configure your powerful router to an AP and use the ONR as the main router, but that is kind of wasted.
SingTel not the only service provider mah. So troublesome and ppl still stuck to them?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SingTel not the only service provider mah. So troublesome and ppl still stuck to them?

Indeed.

My advice is to avoid SingTel if you are a new user as you will get the ONR.

For existing SingTel ONT users, I do advice to continue if you got no issues (eg: you are not into gaming, just want a stable connection). I sticking with SingTel myself since it is stable for me (long time user since Feb 2012).

As for those who need SingTel TV, take note you do not need to subscribe to SingTel Fibre in order to use SingTel TV. You can continue using your existing ISO.

My recommended ISP for new users is M1 and then Starhub.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.