XiaoMi Tri-Band Mi AX9000 Gaming Wi-Fi Router with WiFi 6

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
Indeed.

My advice is to avoid SingTel if you are a new user as you will get the ONR.

For existing SingTel ONT users, I do advice to continue if you got no issues (eg: you are not into gaming, just want a stable connection). I sticking with SingTel myself since it is stable for me (long time user since Feb 2012).

As for those who need SingTel TV, take note you do not need to subscribe to SingTel Fibre in order to use SingTel TV. You can continue using your existing ISO.

My recommended ISP for new users is M1 and then Starhub.
I hope Elon brings Starlink to SG. Even double, triple the cost, I would subscribe. Lol! SingTel really hopeless. M1 so far still good but not sure about future. I urge every customers to ditch SingTel and go to m1 or Starhub

miloaisdino

Reaction score
I hope Elon brings Starlink to SG. Even double, triple the cost, I would subscribe. Lol! SingTel really hopeless. M1 so far still good but not sure about future. I urge every customers to ditch SingTel and go to m1 or Starhub
they are launching in malaysia, but cannot launch in singapore due to ban on private usage of satellite dishes without license, and local censorship laws

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
they are launching in malaysia, but cannot launch in singapore due to ban on private usage of satellite dishes without license, and local censorship laws
Then Singapore become dinosaur lo. This cannot, that cannot. Lol! Other countries catching up with them they still in their ivory tower

Apex

Reaction score
Then Singapore become dinosaur lo. This cannot, that cannot. Lol! Other countries catching up with them they still in their ivory tower

Singapore also a little hard to deploy satellite dishes. Some hdb block too close to each other.

lhahehal

Reaction score
Just curious are we still worried about xiaomi routers sending information back to china ? or there is ways to restrict that ?

alex22

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Triple the cost, why don't u get enterprise class fibre service with reasonable SLA from any of them, I'm sure there's at least a cheapest one priced at 3x the price of the most expensive domestic plan lol.

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
Triple the cost, why don't u get enterprise class fibre service with reasonable SLA from any of them, I'm sure there's at least a cheapest one priced at 3x the price of the most expensive domestic plan lol.
It is not a matter of cheap or expensive. I feel want to charge expensive must provide service level like apple. Knn! SingTel, Starhub, UOB, SBS is cheap meh? Give shitty service as if we own them

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
English review of AX9000. As per the reviewer, you have to use Web UI or MiHome app (UI in Chinese, need to set as China region) and not MiWifi app.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And if you want to beat AX9000 performance with a consumer router like Asus, it is pretty difficult. Only GT-AX11000 is higher than AX9000 in terms of wireless spec but the CPU is weaker. RT-AX89X may be the other choice but it is not triband. Both GT-AX11000 and RT-AX89X are very expensive.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now Xiaomi becomes a really important router vendor with global version of Xiaomi AX1800, AX3600 and AX9000.

Notable missing is the AX6000 (no global version) which is more like a half baked product.

r0_ger

Master Member
Reaction score
Seems like price of this router has increased? I thought it is rmb999 ...

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seems like price of this router has increased? I thought it is rmb999 ...

Correct, the price increased from RMB 999 to RMB1299.

With the chip shortage situation, many electronic product will increase in price this year. Router will be one of the product as well to see the price increase, especially with low margin brand like Xiaomi.

On the other hand, it is still of great value at RMB1299.

Rock

Reaction score
Hi, anybody manage to set up this Xiaomi AX9000 China version with M1 network?
I have tried mine but failed to connect to M1 network through Mihome app even region change to China .
Can someone advise how to set up successfully?
Thanks.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, anybody manage to set up this Xiaomi AX9000 China version with M1 network?
I have tried mine but failed to connect to M1 network through Mihome app even region change to China .
Can someone advise how to set up successfully?
Thanks.

You have to call M1 to reset (release the MAC address record of previous router) when you change router. That is an annoying part of M1.

Ref: some say the phone automation method may have changed. And there is another method to "disconnect" from the router side if the router has that feature. Safest method is to call M1 to reset.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...ussion-part-2.5658375/page-420#post-135005298

Rock

Reaction score
You have to call M1 to reset (release the MAC address record of previous router) when you change router. That is an annoying part of M1.

Ref: some say the phone automation method may have changed. And there is another method to "disconnect" from the router side if the router has that feature. Safest method is to call M1 to reset.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...ussion-part-2.5658375/page-420#post-135005298
Thank you so much for your important advice. I got my problem solved after called out M1 customer service.
Once again, thanks so much.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.