Desktop 2.0 & 2.1 speaker discussion thread VI [consolidated]

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the s2000mkiii a good speaker? And if it ok to place in next to my monitor

Very good if it's less than $500 now. The speaker is quite large so your table needs to be rather deep.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Promedia still can find on Amazon

https://www.amazon.sg/s?k=promedia&ref=nb_sb_noss
Maybe shops and distros are no longer bringing it in because people are not buying a USD$150 speaker priced at SGD$399

The alternatives at this price range are Aego M, Aego 3, Swan M50W MKii and Edifier S350DB.

Aego are weaker for overall sound performance but they are very small sized and convenient.

Then between M50W and S350DB it may boil down to whether you can tolerate S350DB not having a grille. Also M50W satellites take up more space than S350DB iirc. S350DB have measurements which are somewhat decent, I have not found M50W measurements but Swan is generally also a decent speaker brand.

benedium

Banned
Reaction score
Just wondering... but iLoud or Edifier S2000Mkiii? Which sounds better?

My guess is iLoud may be better for desktop nearfield use while s2000mkiii may play louder for longer distance listening.

Last edited:

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
iLoud will probably get a better Olive score especially for the treble.

However subjectively I will take S2000MKIII without hesitation. The bass is worth it.

SKinny86

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, when I asked about testing a unit on display a few months ago at a courts or Harvey Norman store, the salesman told me they're not selling it anymore and Klipsch will be taking back the demo unit sometime soon.
Waa.. hope they come out with newer version. My creative T3 is dying soon. Still thinking whether go logitech which doesn't sound as good as Klipsch.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine went back after buzzing. Didn't bother buying it back. Not even for $99. The sound quality even if it worked was horrible.

0DL4sas.png

At this point you might even have better luck with Creative speakers like Kratos.

Crayon Shinchan

Reaction score
Mine went back after buzzing. Didn't bother buying it back. Not even for $99. The sound quality even if it worked was horrible.

0DL4sas.png

At this point you might even have better luck with Creative speakers like Kratos.
what problem were you facing? i am facing some issue with my new z625 as well.

mine is static sound when playing things. more obvious when watching show/meeting with dialouge. there is this static/hissing sound. already exchange once but still same issue

Crayon Shinchan

Reaction score
ohhh. yea. my z625 have this issue as well, very obvious with the static when listening to meeting dialougue or shows.

Already exchange 1 to 1 once and the same problem persist. seems to be a common issue for z623 and z625. maybe it is up to individual if they can take it anot.
And i am very affected by it. Previously my edifier speaker M3600D dosent seems to have this hissing/static issue.

Lazada side allows the hissing sound as reason to return?

Crayon Shinchan

Reaction score
Those using R1280DBS. How isit so far?
isit a good 2.0 computer speaker? since it is more of advertised as a book shelf speaker.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those using R1280DBS. How isit so far?
isit a good 2.0 computer speaker? since it is more of advertised as a book shelf speaker.
It's on discount at $128 now and I think it's good for that price

But R1700BT is also on discount at $148 and I think I would rather get that.

Crayon Shinchan

Reaction score
It's on discount at $128 now and I think it's good for that price

But R1700BT is also on discount at $148 and I think I would rather get that.
yup was looking at that as well. how is R1700BT better?

R1280Dbs have optical connection though. isnt optical alot better and stable?

mrsavage

Reaction score
Interested in 2.0 nearfield speakers for the computer . Currently looking to buy eve sc203 but not sure worth it at $850. Trying to not get something taller than 25 cm.

Also looking at the edifier 2.0 speakers but not sure what to get. Question for ppl with edifiers do they have a hiss or hum when connected? And if u lose the remote can u still control the unit? Do the edifers have enough bass? Do the have auto standby and can come off standby when they detect audio signal? Thinking of getting the S880DB as an alternative

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far haven't had any noise with my Edifiers...

If you lose the remote you still can control volume, treble/bass and source switching. But you lose the ability to change EQ setting. And the default setting after power up has a bit more treble and bass compared to normal.

Bass, better than average for the price. And what also helps is that they tend not to have overly-loud treble.

Luckily, no auto standby except for T5.

Well, above is my general experience after reviewing 4 or 5 Edifiers. I don't have experience with the S880DB. But it's $277 now on Lazada so why not. It seems to perform pretty decently for a small speaker. Not as good bass quantity as R1850DB but that's reasonable due to smaller size and rear port.

The metal tweeter seems to roll off too early tho, I saw the same issue with S350DB which has the same tweeter.

First glance the R1850DB seems to have the performance advantage but you're paying more money into S880DB since it is more technologically advanced: Smaller size, with USB input and better bluetooth (aptx)

meandyou

Master Member
Reaction score
So far haven't had any noise with my Edifiers...

If you lose the remote you still can control volume, treble/bass and source switching. But you lose the ability to change EQ setting. And the default setting after power up has a bit more treble and bass compared to normal.

Bass, better than average for the price. And what also helps is that they tend not to have overly-loud treble.

Luckily, no auto standby except for T5.

Well, above is my general experience after reviewing 4 or 5 Edifiers. I don't have experience with the S880DB. But it's $277 now on Lazada so why not. It seems to perform pretty decently for a small speaker. Not as good bass quantity as R1850DB but that's reasonable due to smaller size and rear port.

The metal tweeter seems to roll off too early tho, I saw the same issue with S350DB which has the same tweeter.

First glance the R1850DB seems to have the performance advantage but you're paying more money into S880DB since it is more technologically advanced: Smaller size, with USB input and better bluetooth (aptx)

Can I make this statement?
"S880DB on the way to you" :ROFLMAO:

Evilchaosz

Reaction score
My swans m50w started to crackle so I started to look out for a replacement. Kef LSX looks very tempting to me right now but any advice against it? Or should I get the m50w repaired?

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Old version or new version? Old version is known for dead capacitors so it can be a cheap fix if you have the lobang. But there are other failmodes so even if it is fixed now it will last maybe another 3 years.

LSX is nice.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.