City Gas pipe installation

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi,

i had lay my gas pipe for a while but due to Malaysia **, my kitchen cabinet was delay and i spot someone ask this question so i am abit worry

My is old resale, so pipe will run from outside to living thn kitchen.

For what i know there is 2 steps. first install is lay pipe, 2nd install meter and turn on

Now, for what i know is.. when they lay the pipe, they suppose to do pressure test also before i up my kitchen cabinet.

So when there is leak, they can fix the pipe.. cant be after i up my cabinet, test, found leak and tht time i had to cut hole for cabinet ma....

I was there during the installation and i did not see the contractor do any pressure test.

Call citygas, they insist their contractor will do pressure test but they cant provide photo or video to proof.

and say they ask me to pay $$ for them to test, if leak they offset. if nv leak they ask me pay

nakata97

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Call citygas, they insist their contractor will do pressure test but they cant provide photo or video to proof.

and say they ask me to pay $$ for them to test, if leak they offset. if nv leak they ask me pay

You got the answer. So what else you need?

nakata97

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You just stand near the pipe. See if you can smell anything.

if nothing, then go smell a durian. If still no smell, means you got Covid

if smell got gas, call city gas and Kan them lor

ODACHEK

Banned
Reaction score
giphy.gif

A Better Tomorrow

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We had a similar situation like yours when we received a letter about testing the pressure for leak. Under the amended GAS ACT or something, this responsibility falls on the owner and needs to do a regular test every 3 years.

Hope it helps.

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
You just stand near the pipe. See if you can smell anything.

if nothing, then go smell a durian. If still no smell, means you got Covid

if smell got gas, call city gas and Kan them lor
huh....... meter havent install le.. how to smell..
they only push and say their contractor do.. but i nv see them do..

if i install my cabinet, later leak, i need to pay them to hack meh?

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
We had a similar situation like yours when we received a letter about testing the pressure for leak. Under the amended GAS ACT or something, this responsibility falls on the owner and needs to do a regular test every 3 years.

Hope it helps.
new install le.....

itchying

Reaction score
Hi all

Can i ask citigas to alter the existing pipe and install back the meter, do a pressure test and turn on the gas first then proceed do the kitchen cabinet? All hacking done already. Tia

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.