TCL TV discussion thread III [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

horlicks

Reaction score
The boss Denny mentioned that its 100++, he says its worth it. I havent purchased the full warranty

horlicks

Reaction score
Nice, have you run a check on your set to see if it has 3GB of ram for the local set?

Here's the local set information, unfortunately on the display unit there is no "aida" app to display ram info.
tcl-c825-sg-set-info.png
Havent ran any tests, no idea how to as well. :LOL:

But the menu controls run very smoothly without lag...

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
T
Tcl is va panel. If u go to samsung thread, alot is saying their neo mini led qn90a series is ips panel. I am just comparing the mini led range.
His is not true. Samsung is still VA, just the front filter glass makes many think it is a IPS.

Mebeater

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
T

His is not true. Samsung is still VA, just the front filter glass makes many think it is a IPS.
It is true. Samsung has confirmed themselves that QN90A sets sold in Singapore are ADS panels. Only US sets are guaranteed VA.

dong2che

Reaction score
Any <80inch offerings from TCL worth considering or is the legendary LG 82” still unbeatable?

Outramkia

Master Member
Reaction score
If you factor in full 3 years warranty coverage. TCL price is not really attractive.
Samsung mostly VA panel. Some may mistaken those QLED high end series from Samsung is IPS due to much improved viewing angle.
Like what kim1972 mentioned, you'd be shocked to find out that the samsung neo qled tvs in Singapore are actually using ips panels

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
T

Like what kim1972 mentioned, you'd be shocked to find out that the samsung neo qled tvs in Singapore are actually using ips panels
No, is a hybrid VA panel. 50" VA, about 50" there is a front glass filter infront of VA (and 85 series and 90 series has a different filter).

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is true. Samsung has confirmed themselves that QN90A sets sold in Singapore are ADS panels. Only US sets are guaranteed VA.
That's good information . But take note the QN90 50" is a pure VA panel.

Kim1972

Reaction score
That's good information . But take note the QN90 50" is a pure VA panel.
So only 50qn90a is va panel, and rest of the size from qn90 series are ads panel? Ads is also a form of ips panel, its originally known as ads-ips, but the name is too long so people just call it ads panel.

Alot of us are just trying to find out more info, if u have any source that can point to us that singapore qn90 series are all va panel, i am sure alot of potential buyers and already bought buyers would be glad to see that. As a buyer looking for mini led tv, i am just trying to get more technical specs out of my short listed tv that's all. I have nothing against samsung

aErOpLaNe911

Reaction score
you mean if samsung neo qled from other country they're not ips panels?
Those in the US are VA panels. Not sure about other regions, whereas Singapore sets (save for 50") are more or less confirmed ADS-IPS panels.

ADS-IPS panels are inferior to VA panels.

Whatever reviews based on VA units, such as from rtings.com, are inapplicable in our market. As such, you cannot transpose the stellar reviews on other markets' QN90As with VA panels onto the QN90A units available locally in Singapore.

Outramkia

Master Member
Reaction score
Those concerned about the samsung qn led series might want to check out the samsung thread. More info there

rubbadubbaducky!

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm still waiting for someone to post a reputable c825 link to a seller

Seems like so far it is hit or miss...

Last edited:

Kim1972

Reaction score
i'm still waiting for someone to post a reputable c825 link to a seller

Seems like so far it is hit or miss...
Genuine c825 can get from giant or tcl shopee. There is now another PI seller for c825 in shopee at much lower price. U might want to check with him

oakleyducati

Reaction score
Anyone has any experience using TCL Roku tv in Singapore? What's the downside to it since most of Roku content is limited to US only.

Kepller

Reaction score
Genuine c825 can get from giant or tcl shopee. There is now another PI seller for c825 in shopee at much lower price. U might want to check with him
That seller stopped responding when I made a request for the official spec sheet from their supplier.

So the only way to find out would be if a brave soul purchases it and reveals evidence that their sets are legitimate. They also do not have a showroom to view a display unit so no luck there. Its a risky endeavor though if it turns out legit its cheaper than the official singapore authorized retailers.

Some of the risks to factor in as seen in this thread are that some sets might end up like the ones the others had gotten from DailyBasic, 2GB with a fake HDMI port which is actually a USB port, firmware showing different model info and that weird power rating of 125 watts instead of 300 watts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.