iPad Pro 2021

Parka

Master Member
Reaction score
What's a good matte screen protector that still gives good accuracy for apple pencil for illustration?
SuperShieldz from Amazon is cheap and good.

But most matte screen protector quality is kinda similar.

Downside is matte screen protector will affect image quality. And the anti-glare is extremely distracting if you use the tablet outdoors.

jonathanljk

Reaction score
Yes it can, but must be linked to your phone via the same Apple ID.

but the number is the sim that I put into the iPad? Not the iPhone one? Reason being I need to receive otp to the sim I’ll be putting into the iPad

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but the number is the sim that I put into the iPad? Not the iPhone one? Reason being I need to receive otp to the sim I’ll be putting into the iPad

You can't do that, at least for me unless you've a workaround.

I've the same issue as you when I got my cellular iPad Pro. I signed up for a M1 line with 5G just for the iPad and when I placed it into my iPad and downloaded the M1 app, hoping to use it for monitoring usage and pay bills, but it requires a log in which needs an OTP. I took out the SIM card and placed in it my iPhone to activate the card and tested.

The iPad itself cannot receive SMSes direct from the SIM card, hence needed to be linked to my main Apple ID which is used on my iPhone on a Singtel line. After 'activating' the M1 SIM via my iPhone, I was able to log into the M1 app.

jonathanljk

Reaction score
You can't do that, at least for me unless you've a workaround.

I've the same issue as you when I got my cellular iPad Pro. I signed up for a M1 line with 5G just for the iPad and when I placed it into my iPad and downloaded the M1 app, hoping to use it for monitoring usage and pay bills, but it requires a log in which needs an OTP. I took out the SIM card and placed in it my iPhone to activate the card and tested.

The iPad itself cannot receive SMSes direct from the SIM card, hence needed to be linked to my main Apple ID which is used on my iPhone on a Singtel line. After 'activating' the M1 SIM via my iPhone, I was able to log into the M1 app.

got it thanks! Shall go for the tab s7 then..

10DeeQ

Reaction score
just curious those with 11" m1 can anyone share ?
i just bought mine several days ago,
but i noticed when on wifi, playing just youtube the battery will depleted quite fast, i checked my screen time is 3:30 and the battery already less than 50% is this normal ? my 12 pro max lasted much longer than this.

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
The S7 is also a very good tablet, but I’m too much and too used to the Apple ecosystem. :p
So far played with both S7 and iPad Pro 11”. Only winner for S7 is can use it as phone. Not sure why Apple don’t have that function for LTE iPad Pro. Haha!

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far played with both S7 and iPad Pro 11”. Only winner for S7 is can use it as phone. Not sure why Apple don’t have that function for LTE iPad Pro. Haha!

Only Apple would know, all iPads since day 1 never had phone functions and I remembered last time Samsung had some tabs that people used it just like a phone and put it on their ears, which looked weird because of the size.

Imagine if you did the same for iPads which would earn you some puzzling stares from others. And having phone features on iPads also defeats the purpose for iPhones, at least to me.

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually if u use AirPod pro/ AirPod max at home. Answering calls very shiok one

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only Apple would know, all iPads since day 1 never had phone functions and I remembered last time Samsung had some tabs that people used it just like a phone and put it on their ears, which looked weird because of the size.

Imagine if you did the same for iPads which would earn you some puzzling stares from others. And having phone features on iPads also defeats the purpose for iPhones, at least to me.

Not true leh…. Apple Watch with lte can make calls. I feel that they want to force users to use FaceTime instead on ipad. Haha

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not true leh…. Apple Watch with lte can make calls. I feel that they want to force users to use FaceTime instead on ipad. Haha

I'm talking about iPads, not Apple Watch. It makes more sense talking on the watch rather than on iPad.

Imagine you holding the iPad Pro to your ear and talk.

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm talking about iPads, not Apple Watch. It makes more sense talking on the watch rather than on iPad.

Imagine you holding the iPad Pro to your ear and talk.

U can always link up with airpod for telecommunications and message sms on iPad. I don think anyone would have big hands to hold onto the iPad to use as a normal phone either way. 🥴

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U can always link up with airpod for telecommunications and message sms on iPad. I don think anyone would have big hands to hold onto the iPad to use as a normal phone either way. 🥴

If so, definitely have to use both hands, hence impractical. :p

10DeeQ

Reaction score
just curious those with 11" m1 can anyone share ?
i just bought mine several days ago,
but i noticed when on wifi, playing just youtube the battery will depleted quite fast, i checked my screen time is 3:30 and the battery already less than 50% is this normal ? my 12 pro max lasted much longer than this.
anyone can help ?

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone can help ?

It's the first time I've heard such an issue. I use mine on home wifi watching YouTube also and battery doesn't deplete so fast as in your case. From a full batt, I can watch many YouTube clips and some episodes of The Snoopy Show on Apple TV+, battery is still around 80+% after around just over an hr.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.