Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
Whats-App-Image-2021-07-22-at-15-59-30.jpg

i have 2 remastered Aerons. One Made in China, another one Made in USA.

I do notice the casters on the USA one (audiosg) seems smoother than the one made in China. QC also better in the packaging of the chair.

I have another made in USA remastered Aeron going to be sent to me next week too from audiosg.

He really nice guy and goes the extra mile for me. He personally come and send me the Atlas headrest too.

Not sure why the other guy kept criticizing him. All in all, good service rendered.

ilubchiu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whats-App-Image-2021-07-22-at-15-59-30.jpg

i have 2 remastered Aerons. One Made in China, another one Made in USA.

I do notice the casters on the USA one (audiosg) seems smoother than the one made in China. QC also better in the packaging of the chair.

I have another made in USA remastered Aeron going to be sent to me next week too from audiosg.

He really nice guy and goes the extra mile for me. He personally come and send me the Atlas headrest too.

Not sure why the other guy kept criticizing him. All in all, good service rendered.
wa. how many chairs u need sia? :o

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
wa. how many chairs u need sia? :o
i only use one. another for display only.

Anyway last time i didnt listen to people saying dont get gaming chairs etc etc.

i went to buy Royale Napa leather chairs.. end up so damn hot when i use it.. i change to Aeron.

sit side by side so much difference. sit on the gaming chair, my thighs heat up in the first 10 seconds liao haha..but that was during the very humid months in april. Stand up and sit on Aeron, so much diff. damn cooling.

Last edited:

FuNkDeViL

Reaction score
Hi there..anybody heard about Benel chair? I understand they are local brand. How is their quality like? I saw their Kontuur Air series look like Sail basic ergonomic, therefore am wondering if both are the same OEM product??

Boltstorm

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can try at their showroom. Their chairs supposedly all in house design. I find their pricing a bit high, for e.g. the Kontuur Air price can get Ergohuman already which i found way better. I only find the Wonder is decent for me but the price is not attractive (still a better buy over Ergotune).

FuNkDeViL

Reaction score
You can try at their showroom. Their chairs supposedly all in house design. I find their pricing a bit high, for e.g. the Kontuur Air price can get Ergohuman already which i found way better. I only find the Wonder is decent for me but the price is not attractive (still a better buy over Ergotune).
I believe Ergohuman is a Oem brand and has been carried by different company with different brand. I got turn off from Ergrotune due to their plastic feel like chair, and when i visited their showroom there are bunch of ginnapi serving me and look like they r not v sure of their product 😅

xtreme84

Reaction score
Hi there..anybody heard about Benel chair? I understand they are local brand. How is their quality like? I saw their Kontuur Air series look like Sail basic ergonomic, therefore am wondering if both are the same OEM product??
I know it's kinda hard to find information on Benel. It wasn't my first choice originally but I took the plunge as the other options I was looking at were out of stock.

You can check out my thoughts somewhere in this thread.

It's been more than a year now and I'm still pleased with my purchase. The chair hasn't changed much, mesh is still relatively clean and firm with minimal maintenance.

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually come to think about it, if u buy an expensive herman miller chair, it will still hold its value probably 10 years down the road and u will be able to sell it with some good returns.

Look at those herman miller classic in the 2nd hand market in Singapore, the chairs are more than 10 years old ...maybe 15 to 20 years...and still people sell it for $700 to 1k for the fully loaded models. I won't be surprise that for those who bought 2nd hand years ago,now they sell it off, they probably cover the cost that they bought it, making the chair entirely free to use.

The Aeron is able to have this type of resale value because of its build quality and is proven to last.

U buy cheapo chairs, spending 400 to 500 esp on gaming chairs...they start to peel like 3 to 5 years down the road, u prolly can't even sell away. Just look at the numerous ppl trying to sell their secretlab chairs in carousel. The hype of buying a gaming chair is strong before you own one, after buying and using, then people start to regret and wanna sell away. If u use a gaming chair for 10 years, try sell away, I think no one will even want such a old beaten up chair.

Terran5992

Reaction score

FuNkDeViL

Reaction score
I know it's kinda hard to find information on Benel. It wasn't my first choice originally but I took the plunge as the other options I was looking at were out of stock.

You can check out my thoughts somewhere in this thread.

It's been more than a year now and I'm still pleased with my purchase. The chair hasn't changed much, mesh is still relatively clean and firm with minimal maintenance.
Thanks man. Yes it is hard to find review about Benel and I am wondering if they are mainly supplying to corporate instead of retail customer like us. After reading ur review i decided to order the Kontuur Air highback series, and really hope it deliver the good result and worth the money spend

xtreme84

Reaction score
Thanks man. Yes it is hard to find review about Benel and I am wondering if they are mainly supplying to corporate instead of retail customer like us. After reading ur review i decided to order the Kontuur Air highback series, and really hope it deliver the good result and worth the money spend
I also get the feeling that they mainly deal with corporate also, since I couldn't find much customer reviews on their chairs.

Their service was pretty good and they didn't make me feel any less important when I only ordered 1 unit.

I hope you have a good experience like I did.

evirob

Reaction score
Besides Herman Miller, I kinda like Knoll Chairs. My previous office uses the Knoll Regeneration and it's really not bad. Not as good as the Aeron but I rate it bout the same as the Steelcase Leap V2.

But don't really see places selling Knoll though.

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually come to think about it, if u buy an expensive herman miller chair, it will still hold its value probably 10 years down the road and u will be able to sell it with some good returns.

Look at those herman miller classic in the 2nd hand market in Singapore, the chairs are more than 10 years old ...maybe 15 to 20 years...and still people sell it for $700 to 1k for the fully loaded models. I won't be surprise that for those who bought 2nd hand years ago,now they sell it off, they probably cover the cost that they bought it, making the chair entirely free to use.

The Aeron is able to have this type of resale value because of its build quality and is proven to last.

U buy cheapo chairs, spending 400 to 500 esp on gaming chairs...they start to peel like 3 to 5 years down the road, u prolly can't even sell away. Just look at the numerous ppl trying to sell their secretlab chairs in carousel. The hype of buying a gaming chair is strong before you own one, after buying and using, then people start to regret and wanna sell away. If u use a gaming chair for 10 years, try sell away, I think no one will even want such a old beaten up chair.

Yes. You are right. But if we sell, we are probably upgrading.

Those gaming chairs are basically crap but most people are mislead by the marketing.

Full mesh is the way to go!!

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes. You are right. But if we sell, we are probably upgrading.

Those gaming chairs are basically crap but most people are mislead by the marketing.

Full mesh is the way to go!!
But if the usage area is constantly with aircon, then other material is fine too actually. The nightingale CXO and Steelcase Leap V2 looks very comfy too.

YHQI95

Reaction score
I found a thing that is this brand from Ergohuman?
Or they are advertise Ergohuman as No.1 instead of their chair?
Anyone recommend for Ergotune or Ergohuman?
ibb.co/MPxRpgF

P/S: I unable to post a url link and image...

kandinsky

Master Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.