Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair

FuNkDeViL

Reaction score
I know it's kinda hard to find information on Benel. It wasn't my first choice originally but I took the plunge as the other options I was looking at were out of stock.

You can check out my thoughts somewhere in this thread.

It's been more than a year now and I'm still pleased with my purchase. The chair hasn't changed much, mesh is still relatively clean and firm with minimal maintenance.
Thanks man. Yes it is hard to find review about Benel and I am wondering if they are mainly supplying to corporate instead of retail customer like us. After reading ur review i decided to order the Kontuur Air highback series, and really hope it deliver the good result and worth the money spend

xtreme84

Reaction score
Thanks man. Yes it is hard to find review about Benel and I am wondering if they are mainly supplying to corporate instead of retail customer like us. After reading ur review i decided to order the Kontuur Air highback series, and really hope it deliver the good result and worth the money spend
I also get the feeling that they mainly deal with corporate also, since I couldn't find much customer reviews on their chairs.

Their service was pretty good and they didn't make me feel any less important when I only ordered 1 unit.

I hope you have a good experience like I did.

evirob

Reaction score
Besides Herman Miller, I kinda like Knoll Chairs. My previous office uses the Knoll Regeneration and it's really not bad. Not as good as the Aeron but I rate it bout the same as the Steelcase Leap V2.

But don't really see places selling Knoll though.

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually come to think about it, if u buy an expensive herman miller chair, it will still hold its value probably 10 years down the road and u will be able to sell it with some good returns.

Look at those herman miller classic in the 2nd hand market in Singapore, the chairs are more than 10 years old ...maybe 15 to 20 years...and still people sell it for $700 to 1k for the fully loaded models. I won't be surprise that for those who bought 2nd hand years ago,now they sell it off, they probably cover the cost that they bought it, making the chair entirely free to use.

The Aeron is able to have this type of resale value because of its build quality and is proven to last.

U buy cheapo chairs, spending 400 to 500 esp on gaming chairs...they start to peel like 3 to 5 years down the road, u prolly can't even sell away. Just look at the numerous ppl trying to sell their secretlab chairs in carousel. The hype of buying a gaming chair is strong before you own one, after buying and using, then people start to regret and wanna sell away. If u use a gaming chair for 10 years, try sell away, I think no one will even want such a old beaten up chair.

Yes. You are right. But if we sell, we are probably upgrading.

Those gaming chairs are basically crap but most people are mislead by the marketing.

Full mesh is the way to go!!

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes. You are right. But if we sell, we are probably upgrading.

Those gaming chairs are basically crap but most people are mislead by the marketing.

Full mesh is the way to go!!
But if the usage area is constantly with aircon, then other material is fine too actually. The nightingale CXO and Steelcase Leap V2 looks very comfy too.

YHQI95

Reaction score
I found a thing that is this brand from Ergohuman?
Or they are advertise Ergohuman as No.1 instead of their chair?
Anyone recommend for Ergotune or Ergohuman?
ibb.co/MPxRpgF

P/S: I unable to post a url link and image...

kandinsky

Master Member
Reaction score

asianfish

Reaction score
Hi guys I am deciding between Ergohuman plus elite chair & Ergomeister’s FAEZ8ERG ergonomic chair.

Any recommendations which one is better Overall?

barewolf

Reaction score
I found a thing that is this brand from Ergohuman?
Or they are advertise Ergohuman as No.1 instead of their chair?
Anyone recommend for Ergotune or Ergohuman?
ibb.co/MPxRpgF

P/S: I unable to post a url link and image...
Hellos, I think it's just a marketing gimmick. Scrolled through this thread and heard people saying that Ergohuman's better than Ergotune.

Hi guys I am deciding between Ergohuman plus elite chair & Ergomeister’s FAEZ8ERG ergonomic chair.

Any recommendations which one is better Overall?
Not sure about the other, but I'm looking at getting Ergohuman plus myself. Logged in to this ancient account to post because I was doing research and apparently there's a sale tonight on Taobao for Ergohuman. It's on their premium site called Tmall and the Chinese name is 保友. Plus Elite should be 金豪B.
Personally I'm contemplating between 金卓B and 优B. Will decide by tonight and get one in.

So just sharing in case you're thinking of getting one because I googled Ergohuman Singapore and the price is like almost double compared to online. D:

If you can wait you can hold out for bigger occasions. I searched and the sales this time round is 40 RMB more expensive than the lowest price they can get. But my chair recently broke so I'm just going to get it without waiting le since shipping should be around 1 month.

Edit: I did my research on the Chinese forums and QnAs and 金卓B is basically quite a decent entry-model. However, for plus-sized people, you might find it cramped after sitting for prolonged periods of time.
优B is a newer and improved version of 金豪B, which is their long-time hit and has been a great selling model for a long time.
If you really can afford it, 金豪E is basically the most worth-for-money. It's a much sturdier version of 金豪B with additional mods available.
Of course, if you want the best, they'll naturally recommend the 旗舰 version.

In short, 优B is great for people who are slimmer - normal weight. Comfort-wise apparently it's even better than 金豪B.
However, because it's slightly smaller, larger-sized people will probably find that 金豪B will suit them more.
TLDR:
Slim - normal-sized people: 金卓B for a budget model, 优B for a decent model.
Larger-sized people: 金豪B for a decent model. 金豪E or Flagship(旗舰) for a luxury model. Sorry no budget model.

Hope this helps everyone, good luck and cheers!

Last edited:

tc4237

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hellos, I think it's just a marketing gimmick. Scrolled through this thread and heard people saying that Ergohuman's better than Ergotune.

Not sure about the other, but I'm looking at getting Ergohuman plus myself. Logged in to this ancient account to post because I was doing research and apparently there's a sale tonight on Taobao for Ergohuman. It's on their premium site called Tmall and the Chinese name is 保友. Plus Elite should be 金豪B.
Personally I'm contemplating between 金卓B and 优B. Will decide by tonight and get one in.

So just sharing in case you're thinking of getting one because I googled Ergohuman Singapore and the price is like almost double compared to online. D:

If you can wait you can hold out for bigger occasions. I searched and the sales this time round is 40 RMB more expensive than the lowest price they can get. But my chair recently broke so I'm just going to get it without waiting le since shipping should be around 1 month.

Edit: I did my research on the Chinese forums and QnAs and 金卓B is basically quite a decent entry-model. However, for plus-sized people, you might find it cramped after sitting for prolonged periods of time.
优B is a newer and improved version of 金豪B, which is their long-time hit and has been a great selling model for a long time.
If you really can afford it, 金豪E is basically the most worth-for-money. It's a much sturdier version of 金豪B with additional mods available.

In short, 优B is great for people who are slimmer - normal weight. Comfort-wise apparently it's even better than 金豪B.
However, because it's slightly smaller, larger-sized people will probably find that 金豪B will suit them more.
TLDR:
Larger-sized people: 金豪B for a decent model. 金豪E or Flagship(旗舰) for a luxury model. Sorry no budget model.

After factoring in shipping costs is it still about half price?

There are people here who had bought "ergohuman"/ergonor via Chinese websites before and had advised against going that route after one of them had a minor problem and found it very hard to communicate and get returns/refunds. And the savings was about a couple hundred dollars vs buying local.

Just incase. Might wanna reconsider before taking the gamble.

asianfish

Reaction score

TLDR:

Thanks for sharing. Is the ergohuman on tabao authentic?

if the chair got issue then how ah?

if buy locally got warranty but not sure if this Is important for chairs

barewolf

Reaction score
After factoring in shipping costs is it still about half price?

There are people here who had bought "ergohuman"/ergonor via Chinese websites before and had advised against going that route after one of them had a minor problem and found it very hard to communicate and get returns/refunds. And the savings was about a couple hundred dollars vs buying local.

Just incase. Might wanna reconsider before taking the gamble.
Ah I see! Forgot to take into account shipping. Will update with the figures after adding it to cart tonight! But so far the difference is more than twice when I'm comparing a similar model. 1788RMB on discount vs 780SGD.
For a cheaper model, the difference is much more reasonable at 1488RMB vs 360SGD.

If the shipping works out to be too much I might just get the cheaper model. Although on the Singapore end they're also just receiving pre-orders for delivery in Sept so it seems like they're also getting from the same source. Just ownself tah the warranty at the added cost.

Thanks for sharing. Is the ergohuman on tabao authentic?

if the chair got issue then how ah?

if buy locally got warranty but not sure if this Is important for chairs
I think it's authentic on their end. Tmall is the premium version where they list more prominent brands. But of course, you'll have to expect the products to still be based on CN standards rather than our expectations towards western products.

Actually, I don't have the experience to answer the second question haha. For me I don't suffer from any major back issues or whatnot so if there's a slight flaw or issue with the chair, it might not affect me that badly. I was just looking at a chair between 2-300 SGD range and this came into my radar. It's slightly above my budget but I think it should be able to last me for quite a while so I'm fine with it!

If there's really any major issue, which I hope not, I'll see if I can get a friend in SH for help with refund and whatnot! While more troublesome, that's a risk I guess! So far their reviews and everything seems decent so well, hoping for the best!

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
Should just get local one with warranty..

Imagine the risk of anything faulty and u probably can't do much about it. Esp dings and scratches.

barewolf

Reaction score
Ah I see! Forgot to take into account shipping. Will update with the figures after adding it to cart tonight!
Okay, total sum came up to be $381(After conversion) + $40 shipping. Apparently can't ship directly from CN and will have to go through EzBuy. Not sure what the process is because my gf finished that portion for me!

Should just get local one with warranty..

Imagine the risk of anything faulty and u probably can't do much about it. Esp dings and scratches.
True! Definitely something to consider! For me I'm not really that fussy given that the price difference is close to $400, so I'm pretty satisfied with the potential/possible trade-off! Haha!

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
Okay, total sum came up to be $381(After conversion) + $40 shipping. Apparently can't ship directly from CN and will have to go through EzBuy. Not sure what the process is because my gf finished that portion for me!

True! Definitely something to consider! For me I'm not really that fussy given that the price difference is close to $400, so I'm pretty satisfied with the potential/possible trade-off! Haha!
Because even herman miller aerons do come scratched up.

Anyway do buy insurance for the item with your forwarder.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My 3 Aerons from audiosg.
20210730-160322.jpg
a very happy seller because got big customer

devilcm3

Reaction score
hi, where to get brochure for haworth? looking for their fern.

also, how to know if they are running sale?

evirob

Reaction score
Wanted to buy the Aeron from Audio Sg during shopee flash sale earlier this month. Went Xtra to try it out before buying. Tried the Aeron, Embody, Cosm and Sayl. Like the Embody the most though my wife preferred the Aeron.

Decided to buy the Embody from Xtra and delivery took like 5 days. Have been using it for a week and so far so good.

My experience so far

- Not as cooling as Aeron
- The seat pan is really nice and forgiving
- Love the back support
- Upgraded to HM H9 translucent wheels and they're much quieter/smoother than the default hard floor casters
- Aeron has a better armrest
- Love the tilt tension, feels like a hammock once i manage to dial in the correct tension.

Last edited:

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
Wanted to buy the Aeron from Audio Sg during shopee flash sale earlier this month. Went Xtra to try it out before buying. Tried the Aeron, Embody, Cosm and Sayl. Like the Embody the most though my wife preferred the Aeron.

Decided to buy the Embody from Xtra and delivery took like 5 days. Have been using it for a week and so far so good.

My experience so far

- Not as cooling as Aeron
- The seat pan is really nice and forgiving
- Love the back support
- Upgraded to HM H9 translucent wheels and they're much quieter/smoother than the default hard floor casters
- Aeron has a better armrest
- Love the tilt tension, feels like a hammock once i manage to dial in the correct tension.
I believe embody definitely more comfy than aeron. It's a chair where u can really sit comfy, stretch your back, sit cross leg etc.

I chose the aeron firstly because of mesh. I had couple of non mesh chairs... comfy but due to my work area being partition out by tempered glass, it gets humid, so anything apart from mesh, gets warm quickly. So that's why I resort to choosing Aeron.

I do know there are other brands that have mesh..but I guess I am the kind that prefer stuff that is hyped and with good build quality. I didnt like plasticky build that's why went for Herman miller instead.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.