The Hair Thread - Part 5

freedom-strike

Reaction score
Fade will have slope but slope may not have fade

Hmm.. So it's totally two different things eh.

All this while i have been going to those gentleman barber & cutting a mid fade, i wonder if those barbers do only fade haircuts? But not spike or layered?

Just a bit lost here.

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1895851_0000_alt1.jpg

Planning to do a tri-fold mirror like the above

Will get 3 mirrors & secure them on the sides using hinges.

Anyone tried before?

Last edited:

innovade

Reaction score
Any good shampoo for oily hair scalp? I am using Grafen now but still seems oily
Can try Aveda rosemary mint purifying shampoo. Works like wonder for me.

Used to have extremely oily scalp to the point it causes foul smell on scalp. But all these was resolve after using this shampoo.

Wet your hair massage your scalp with the shampoo and leave it on for 5 mins, it a must and it will work it magic. Give it a try. ;)

innovade

Reaction score
I went to different saloon and they always commented that my scalp is very oily and recommend me those treatment for oily scalp.

They said once complete the treatment, my oily scalp will not be that oily and no need to do the treatment.

Will it works.
Scam it wont haha

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its a long shot but any local social media platform that discuss/reviews on recommended clippers for self haircut & fading techniques?

Thanks

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
Due to wfh my pomade all turning bad. Any tips to preserve shelf life? Recently bought a new clay from vending machine also can mouldy lol

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1895851_0000_alt1.jpg

Planning to do a tri-fold mirror like the above

Will get 3 mirrors & secure them on the sides using hinges.

Anyone tried before?
new-IMG-0909.jpg

Made my own tri-fold mirror for $20 :)
Hang inside the shower for self-haircut.
The 30cm by 30cm mirror was not my initial choice but now that it is completed, it ended up being ideal as visually I have more viewing area
Helped me immensely. Now can see much clearer with less eye strain and cut is now more symmetrical.
Now my concern is getting better clippers.

Last edited:

SKinny86

Master Member
Reaction score
Have been using Morris Motley matte for years now cos I really like the matte finish and my hair volume is too little for gloss finish.
But always has this issue where the clay just does not hold strongly. my front will always just drop down cos the hold is not strong enough.
Any other recommendations? Something that is matte yet has a stronger hold than Morris Motley ?
I 2nd that. The hold for MM like not so gd especially the newer version. Thinking of trying Indians molding clay.

foo9883

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I 2nd that. The hold for MM like not so gd especially the newer version. Thinking of trying Indians molding clay.
Do drop a review after you've tried it out! I'm still on MM cos too afraid to try new clay (they tend to be expensive).
Last time bought Hans de fuko, tried once only then realize not for me :(

Joe Maya

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can try Aveda rosemary mint purifying shampoo. Works like wonder for me.

Used to have extremely oily scalp to the point it causes foul smell on scalp. But all these was resolve after using this shampoo.

Wet your hair massage your scalp with the shampoo and leave it on for 5 mins, it a must and it will work it magic. Give it a try. ;)

Nioxin good?

I like their conditioner got shiok refreshing feeling.

SKinny86

Master Member
Reaction score
Do drop a review after you've tried it out! I'm still on MM cos too afraid to try new clay (they tend to be expensive).
Last time bought Hans de fuko, tried once only then realize not for me :(
How come? I almost want to try claymation

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.