Sony Xperia 1 III

derrick__

Reaction score
Uncounter an issue with using own media for Ambient Display sticker - If you were to use own photo for the ambient display, it cant work - error message: could not load media.

Googled and found the issue exists on previous phones too! However I tried the workaround mentioned, but still cant get it working on 1 III. Anybody has the same issue, or is it an isolation case for me?

thanksss

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/1-series/xperia-1-ii-ambient-display-sticker/m-p/3800989#M7844
P/S: haha by the way Is monkey_matt from above forum same person as @darkmatt ? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

defvox

Reaction score
Uncounter an issue with using own media for Ambient Display sticker - If you were to use own photo for the ambient display, it cant work - error message: could not load media.

Googled and found the issue exists on previous phones too! However I tried the workaround mentioned, but still cant get it working on 1 III. Anybody has the same issue, or is it an isolation case for me?

thanksss

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/1-series/xperia-1-ii-ambient-display-sticker/m-p/3800989#M7844
Hi derrick,

I posted with the same issue a while back but so far no solutions found yet. I emailed Sony SG Support with issue but the standard reply was given by them to bring it to service center for check.

derrick__

Reaction score
Hi derrick,

I posted with the same issue a while back but so far no solutions found yet. I emailed Sony SG Support with issue but the standard reply was given by them to bring it to service center for check.

Oh i see, dont think the service centre will be able to help. more like Ambient Display Software issue.

anyway, issue was mentioned on reddit too...

Last edited:

spinworkxroy

Reaction score

thanksss

P/S: haha by the way Is monkey_matt from above forum same person as @darkmatt ? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Doesn't work..our stock google photo app probably already is a newer affected version.
In any case, my ambient display is set to on always so i wouldnt want a photo on it either..kill battery snd screen

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
Tech reviewers bites back at the "sponsors" scheming plans to boost their product sales. The best is do your own homework and come to your own conclusions. I'm glad there's youtubers fighting back for Sony 😆

derrick__

Reaction score
Doesn't work..our stock google photo app probably already is a newer affected version.
In any case, my ambient display is set to on always so i wouldnt want a photo on it either..kill battery snd screen

Yeah, i guess so. Newer version of Google photo that comes with Android 11 i assume.

Oh I wanna add a photo of those black background with just a little white/red outline of anime characters, looks cool :):)

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

thanksss

no lol

shenmue

Reaction score
anyone experience problem with amazon prime video? mine cannot login. infinite loop. enter ID and password then return back to the same page again.

dlwlrma

Reaction score
Anyone know what is the sound when we shake our phone? Seems like 1iii have this sound but 10iii at the store doesn't. And is your GPS accurate? My GPS sometimes will go haywire more often with waze. Google map not as bad.. 🤔

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what is the sound when we shake our phone? Seems like 1iii have this sound but 10iii at the store doesn't. And is your GPS accurate? My GPS sometimes will go haywire more often with waze. Google map not as bad.. 🤔
Its the sound of your camera lens.

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
For some who like last time xperia S animated wallpaper cosmic flow, Zackbuks has link to download it. Password is stated in his page:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4677625484411016
Also, China next firmware update (the heat suppression update) is scheduled to release on 7 September. Hope SEA version arrive at same date! ~

Last edited:

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For some who like last time xperia S animated wallpaper cosmic flow, Zackbuks has link to download it. Password is stated in his page:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4677625484411016
Also, China next firmware update (the heat suppression update) is scheduled to release on 7 September. Hope SEA version arrive at same date! ~

So right now SEA version still not on heat suppression update?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.