Prism+ TV

mooncake52

Reaction score
was keen to consider their 86" TV going for around 3K, but wanted to see the picture quality with my own eyes before committing.

so I go online their website to chat, but I am told due to covid restrictions their showroom is closed and I cannot view. I told him but I can go into Harvey Norman or best Denki any day and view freely, so whats the issue ?

I get a curt "sorry cannot help you", ie if u prepared not buy unit unseen then dont buy...

I find this seriously hard to believe, are they trying to hide something ?:unsure:

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
was keen to consider their 86" TV going for around 3K, but wanted to see the picture quality with my own eyes before committing.

so I go online their website to chat, but I am told due to covid restrictions their showroom is closed and I cannot view. I told him but I can go into Harvey Norman or best Denki any day and view freely, so whats the issue ?

I get a curt "sorry cannot help you", ie if u prepared not buy unit unseen then dont buy...

I find this seriously hard to believe, are they trying to hide something ?:unsure:

Well, can't exactly compare to retail stores as they exist and function only to ensure they can accept the public to enter their premises.

The showroom is more like an extension of the office, so they've to work with those protocols and manpower at hand.

Did you check perhaps when they might be open to taking viewing slots like how Secretlab does it via appointments?

mooncake52

Reaction score
Well, can't exactly compare to retail stores as they exist and function only to ensure they can accept the public to enter their premises.

The showroom is more like an extension of the office, so they've to work with those protocols and manpower at hand.

Did you check perhaps when they might be open to taking viewing slots like how Secretlab does it via appointments?
If they did, they would offer it, but they do not. Quite incredible. Perhaps its just their support staff trained n auto pilot but I should not have to beg to see one. One thing for sure is, for 3K I need to see it before I outlay this kind of cash. Different for a monitor to read excel spreadsheets at $200!

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If they did, they would offer it, but they do not. Quite incredible. Perhaps its just their support staff trained n auto pilot but I should not have to beg to see one. One thing for sure is, for 3K I need to see it before I outlay this kind of cash. Different for a monitor to read excel spreadsheets at $200!

True indeed.

Did you decide to check out other options for that price range? :)

mooncake52

Reaction score
Aha, I can see what you are trying to say.

The point is, I will not buy "site unseen" for an 86" TV. Prism is not prepared to allow a viewing even by appointment, so potential buyers can judge.

But hey, you can buy an LG parallel import for even less, of cos i've no idea how long this link will last;

https://www.lazada.sg/products/lg-u...342vEhMmlJeEcXWyq-sMKTBm19xGu8ORoC50UQAvD_BwE3

LG-UM7600-86.jpg

galapogos

Reaction score
I got a Prism+ Q65QE Pro recently, and also just got YouTube Premium. I'm trying to play music on the YouTube Music app on my TV, but the interface looks exactly like classic YouTube. All my searches are to video and not music tracks. On my phone, YouTube Music gives me music tracks when I search for songs. How do I get this on my TV?

kunlky

Reaction score
Does anyone have Q series (mine is Q65-QE) with Sonos 5.1 surround set up (mine is a Playbase with 2x One SL, 1x Sub)? Dolby digital doesn’t have any output through my rears and Prism+ support says it’s TV incompatibility ☹️

update: Tv must be set to passthrough for Dolby surround to work with Sonos 🤷🏻‍♂️
so it works for you after setting to passthrough for Dolby surround? Mine is the Q75 wanted to do the same as yours

kinderbuenojhj

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeap MY Sony Android 40" TV Died , and replaced with this ...
Pros: Cheap.
Cons. HDR is really extreme , need to manual cool it down . Problem is HDMI input color is the way I like it after adjust, but the Digital TV color runs ...
Cons. Picture is extreme sharp. I mean all human face looks horrible. Like never put on make up. can see all wrinkles on the faces ... tone the sharpness down but ... background become blur ... hmm , Think no AI Running... just a simple Big LED Panel ..
Cons. Today I found out another Issue , my TV keep turning it self on. and someone is trying to pair ( Bluetooth) with it. Turn my TV off and Tried to pair with my Iphone , yeap .. IT turn on, No Option to turn auto wake - bluetooth Off, only some options for network auto wake off .
Cons: Sounds are horrible.
Cons: Tried to email to the customer service. and just got a generic reply ... say will chk in 2 -3 days ..
Conclusions : Regret getting this , but i guess I got what I paid for...... better spending a bit more and get a better model.

Chiu sure bro ?

Q55 really that bad ah ?

chiu bought the Q55 or Q55 QE ?

cosmo74

Reaction score
So I've had the Q75 for a couple of weeks, tonight I connected my USB drive to it to watch an old movie, it recognises the USB drive is connected, however it doesn't appear in the "Inputs" screen with the other HDMI, DTV, etc inputs. The TV has 2 x USB ports, I've tried both ports, same outcome. So I haven't been able to play the content on the USB drive.

Anyone had a similar experience? Know how to solve?
Thanks
there's a multiplayer app already installed in the tv. go to apps, then click on the + icon, choose multiplayer app and put it under the favorite. open the app and you should be able to view the file on the usb.

大蛇丸 Orochimaru

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got a Prism+ Q65QE Pro recently, and also just got YouTube Premium. I'm trying to play music on the YouTube Music app on my TV, but the interface looks exactly like classic YouTube. All my searches are to video and not music tracks. On my phone, YouTube Music gives me music tracks when I search for songs. How do I get this on my TV?
refund and change TV

unleashed89

Reaction score
Hi, anyone know how to install Peacock TV onto Prism TV? The alignment of the app on the TV is off. Downloaded Hulu without any issue though.. :(

user109s

Reaction score
I saw quite some people bought the prism+ Q86 at its web. Anyone here has the Q86? Can review what's feel in general? I intend to get one to upgrade from my old Samsung. I have an android tv box so I probably ignore its built-in apps.

soulz81

Master Member
Reaction score
So prism tv can buy or not heard ppl complain abt crack screen and all. I looking for a small 32 inch tv for my bedroom

Mistranslated

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wish there's a way to put Prism TVs against main stream TVs side-by-side to do an objective comparison..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.