[OFFICIAL] EDMW Wet Shaving Club - Part 6

Reaction score
So far i am using both the Rockwell 6s and Muhle r89, can any experts advise me if i should try out a more advance DE safety razor or should go for the EJ DE89 razor which is vastly popular? Thanks
I don't own a R89, but i think is similar head as EJ de89. Actually your 6s already got it well covered, unless u want to have more in your den then must see your requirements.

RR game changer have it fair share of fans as well as karve ..you have a razor that can do the job..you can scout and wait for black Friday then get your antidotes for your poison..

Matrock5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't own a R89, but i think is similar head as EJ de89. Actually your 6s already got it well covered, unless u want to have more in your den then must see your requirements.

RR game changer have it fair share of fans as well as karve ..you have a razor that can do the job..you can scout and wait for black Friday then get your antidotes for your poison..
Thanks for your advice.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far i am using both the Rockwell 6s and Muhle r89, can any experts advise me if i should try out a more advance DE safety razor or should go for the EJ DE89 razor which is vastly popular? Thanks

what do you mean by more adv razor?
Closer shave?
this year with COVID, not sure Black Friday deals is as good as before.

Matrock5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what do you mean by more adv razor?
Closer shave?
this year with COVID, not sure Black Friday deals is as good as before.
Pardon me for using the wrong word. Probably something with a much closer shave. Understood that 6s does the job well as I can change the aggressive settings based on the plates given.

I am waiting for sales or discounts to go online Maggard to purchase.

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pardon me for using the wrong word. Probably something with a much closer shave. Understood that 6s does the job well as I can change the aggressive settings based on the plates given.

I am waiting for sales or discounts to go online Maggard to purchase.
Try those open comb.

the Fatip and R41 I have gives very close shave but I have to pay close attention. Cannot do fast shave like my mamba or feather.

pros and cons. Not tried the gamechanger open comb don’t know how it compare. Few stainless open comb out there

muhammad007

Reaction score
Hi bros,
Could you please recommend a shaving gel which is transparent/clear?
Was looking at King C Gillette one but reviews didn't seem good. Any others?

Matrock5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been checking WCS and Maggard for shaving supplies and prob a Karve DE razor.
Where do you guys usually get your supplies locally? The shipping and conversion from overseas is making me consider.

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Replenishing soaps, my previous purchase should expire in about 6 months.

Image00001.jpg

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi bros,
Could you please recommend a shaving gel which is transparent/clear?
Was looking at King C Gillette one but reviews didn't seem good. Any others?

why shaving gel must be clear?

king c only usd$13 reviews not bad what, what do you mean by not good? Comparing to other usd$13 tool doesn’t perform just as well?

DriftKing

Reaction score
Been using the Muhle r89, the shaft broke when it suffered a fall, any 'upgrade' choice is worth to take a look? Im always against the grain with the r89, so far so good for the many years with it.

aerolord

Master Member
Reaction score
Been using the Muhle r89, the shaft broke when it suffered a fall, any 'upgrade' choice is worth to take a look? Im always against the grain with the r89, so far so good for the many years with it.
I would say Rockwell actually.

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have the mamba razor and like the shave it gives... But wish that it can go slightly aggressive more without worrying about cutting myself..

Any razor to recommend?

Feather? 6s?

aerolord

Master Member
Reaction score
I have the mamba razor and like the shave it gives... But wish that it can go slightly aggressive more without worrying about cutting myself..

Any razor to recommend?

Feather? 6s?
I will also say Rockwell, is reasonably priced though they just raised their price?

Reason being Rockwell is you are able to adjust the aggressive base on the different plates.

If not can look at some adjustable razor. I don't own much razor, but usually if people ask to reco, I will 99% chance say DE89 or Rockwell.

DriftKing

Reaction score
Hope to hear your impression once you use it!
Just tried, using plate number 3 ( Mild 1 - 6 Aggressive), no tugging no nothing, smooth pass against the grain, need to put some pressure on uneven areas for closer shave. Will try plate 4 next time to see if it's easier. But overall, shocking to feel the Muhle felt so much inferior to the Rockwell

aerolord

Master Member
Reaction score
Just tried, using plate number 3 ( Mild 1 - 6 Aggressive), no tugging no nothing, smooth pass against the grain, need to put some pressure on uneven areas for closer shave. Will try plate 4 next time to see if it's easier. But overall, shocking to feel the Muhle felt so much inferior to the Rockwell

Wah, where you buy from? So fast.

Glad you like the razor, I do miss mine though. Maybe it's time to get it back again :o.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.