Royal Caribbean - Quantum of the Seas

direptor

Reaction score
Hi, I have a question. I am looking into buying the chope grill + 1 speciality dinner. But we are going with 2 kids. Do we have to buy such package for kids? I think it doesn't worth for kids as they don't eat much. Can we order separate food for kids in chope grill and wonderland?
Kids below 6 eat for free in specialty dining and those between 6-12 can eat for $10 if they order from the kids menu.

kayt898

Reaction score
Hi
Does anyone know if we're allowed to bring our wines to the restaurant while dining in? Will they help with chilling and serving the alcohol? Thanks!

augustin0001

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm going in Feb next year and booked under Grand Suites.

Can I check, are we getting any complimentary beverages and dining at specialty restaurants other than Coastal Kitchen?

3year old kid need to pay for UDC?

Is it even worth it to purchase the unlimited dining package?

What about internet wifi?

My only cruise experience was World Dream palace suites and was so pampered there, so expectations are high for this trip

Last edited:

liemsc

Reaction score

Can I check, are we getting any complimentary beverages and dining at specialty restaurants other than Coastal Kitchen?

My only cruise experience was World Dream palace suites and was so pampered there, so expectations are high for this trip
No complimentary dining and beverages aside from Coastal Kitchen. Not even bottled water 😂.

Whether or not worth it to buy UDP, frankly very subjective. Take a look at the specialty restaurants menu and Coastal Kitchen menu, and decide whether you think it's worth it for you. 😊
WiFi is included.

direptor

Reaction score

Guest in GS get complimentary drinks and light snacks during happy hour in the Suite Lounge daily. Menu for drinks is limited though. There is complimentary internet for all GS guests.

Kids below 6 do not need to pay to dine in Specialty Dining.

Whether the dining package is worth it or not is subjective. To many, food in Coastal Kitchen is good enough but the dining package does allow you to try everything the ship has to offer. If you intend to cruise more than once on Quantum then you may consider 1 trip with and 1 trip without to try everything.

From what i heard, the butler service you get from Dream's Palace would be better than the service you would get from the Suite Concierge if you are staying in a GS. To get the very top notch service from Royal, you would need to stay in the top suites to get a Royal Genie as part of the Star Class services and that is hard to match. GS is the lowest Suite Class room with Suite benefits so don't expect too much.

augustin0001

Reaction score
No complimentary dining and beverages aside from Coastal Kitchen. Not even bottled water 😂.

Whether or not worth it to buy UDP, frankly very subjective. Take a look at the specialty restaurants menu and Coastal Kitchen menu, and decide whether you think it's worth it for you. 😊
WiFi is included.
Thanks so much for the info!

augustin0001

Reaction score
Guest in GS get complimentary drinks and light snacks during happy hour in the Suite Lounge daily. Menu for drinks is limited though. There is complimentary internet for all GS guests.

Kids below 6 do not need to pay to dine in Specialty Dining.

Whether the dining package is worth it or not is subjective. To many, food in Coastal Kitchen is good enough but the dining package does allow you to try everything the ship has to offer. If you intend to cruise more than once on Quantum then you may consider 1 trip with and 1 trip without to try everything.

From what i heard, the butler service you get from Dream's Palace would be better than the service you would get from the Suite Concierge if you are staying in a GS. To get the very top notch service from Royal, you would need to stay in the top suites to get a Royal Genie as part of the Star Class services and that is hard to match. GS is the lowest Suite Class room with Suite benefits so don't expect too much.
Thank you for the info :)

gabrielkpk

Reaction score
Hi, I am going to take RC in November with my family. Did they change the UDP? It seems to include dinner only, and will need to top up if dine at Chops and Izumi. The price is $158. This is what the customer service told me. Was under the impression that it includes both lunch and dinner and no top ups are required. Can anyone confirm please?

After reading the UDP description, it seems to include both lunch and dinner. The part I don’t understand is the $35 dining credit for a la carte restaurants. Which one is considered as a la carte restaurant?

Do we need to buy for kids? The customer service asked me to book full price for my two kids, 7yo and 1yo. She said they will refund the difference in credits. I find that hard to believe. Can I just pre buy for the adults and pay $10 for my 7yo on the spot?

Last edited:

direptor

Reaction score
Hi, I am going to take RC in November with my family. Did they change the UDP? It seems to include dinner only, and will need to top up if dine at Chops and Izumi. The price is $158. This is what the customer service told me. Was under the impression that it includes both lunch and dinner and no top ups are required. Can anyone confirm please?

After reading the UDP description, it seems to include both lunch and dinner. The part I don’t understand is the $35 dining credit for a la carte restaurants. Which one is considered as a la carte restaurant?

Do we need to buy for kids? The customer service asked me to book full price for my two kids, 7yo and 1yo. She said they will refund the difference in credits. I find that hard to believe. Can I just pre buy for the adults and pay $10 for my 7yo on the spot?
UDP includes lunch on sea days which is everyday for the current cruise to nowhere.

Its should be fine to just pay for your kids separately without getting the package since there is no requirement for everyone in the same room to get it unlike the Beverage package.

Izumi used to be ala carte and the $35 dining credits apply but they have changed Izumi's format for Quantum at least so its no longer charging per item but now its a fix set of 1 small plate, 2 big plate and 1 appetizer per full paying guest.

Cosmoliaw

Reaction score
haha I went for 4D cruise in May with wife, everyday dont know what to do in the afternoon. Most activities fully booked esp bumper car, totally no slot at all. At night still not that bad, after dinner stil can go listen to music or watch shows. Going again next week, initially wan to chose 3D but thinking this time going with another 2 friedns so hopefully will not be so boring haha.
Boring? Not at all for me. Maybe because I managed to book all 4 shows and North Star, and watched 3 movies. The live music by guitarist Yavaslov and pianist Andrii were so good I watched them twice. Other times I just chill in my balcony or nap away, or go shopping around the Royal Esplanade. The works at art gallery were nice to look at too. Didn’t even go to the hot tub or swimming, and my trip was over before I know it.

Cosmoliaw

Reaction score
Hi, can someone share the latest headliner shows and timings ? Share cruise compass if possible. Thanks.
Just came back yesterday from my 4N trip. The timing of the shows is pretty fluid, so you need to constantly check out your RC apps for the latest updates, they keep adding in new showtimes until boarding day itself. For headliner shows we had Zlwin Chew and James Bustar, but Zlwin announced on his IG that he is leaving QOTS later this month. So depending on your departure date, you may or may not get to catch his magic show.

Cosmoliaw

Reaction score
Looks like you're still good to go! If you can, would you be able to let us know what the headliner shows are & their timings during your sailing (in the daily Compass Cruise)? Makes for easier dining plans. Thanks!!
Just came back yesterday from my 4N trip. The timing of the shows is pretty fluid, so you need to constantly check out your RC apps for the latest updates, they keep adding in new showtimes until boarding day itself. For headliner shows we had Zlwin Chew and James Bustar, but Zlwin announced on his IG that he is leaving QOTS later this month. So depending on your departure date, you may or may not get to catch his magic show. He had a 1pm show on the 2nd day but I don’t really recommend this timing as the audiences flood the Windjammer after that, and MDR was closed by then.

milkshake89

Reaction score
Just came back yesterday from my 4N trip. The timing of the shows is pretty fluid, so you need to constantly check out your RC apps for the latest updates, they keep adding in new showtimes until boarding day itself. For headliner shows we had Zlwin Chew and James Bustar, but Zlwin announced on his IG that he is leaving QOTS later this month. So depending on your departure date, you may or may not get to catch his magic show. He had a 1pm show on the 2nd day but I don’t really recommend this timing as the audiences flood the Windjammer after that, and MDR was closed by then.
Thanks for the info, very helpful. I am going next Monday. Was Sequins & Feathers and Starwater showing too? The headliners are mostly 8pm & 10pm I think. James Bustar - does it need reservations ?

Cosmoliaw

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, very helpful. I am going next Monday. Was Sequins & Feathers and Starwater showing too? The headliners are mostly 8pm & 10pm I think. James Bustar - does it need reservations ?
Yes, James Bustar needs reservation, it was 5.15pm show I watched. Sequin £ Feathers showing, Starwater is featured as part of a showcase for a solo violinist performance. Just saw on Zlwin Chew IG that his performance on QOTS has closed. Not sure what will replace his magic shows. Nowadays 10pm show at Royal Theater on 2nd night (& 3rd night for 4N cruise) is replaced by recent movie blockbuster at 9.30pm. I watched Chaos Walking and Voyagers during my 4N trip.

bigherosg

Reaction score
Once onboard go to app or guest services to make reservations for shows n bumper cars, tends to get fully booked pretty fast due to limited capacity n more crowd. Bumper car only once per cabin, hv to approach guest services or call operator for any extra slots.

cooler628

Reaction score
Boring? Not at all for me. Maybe because I managed to book all 4 shows and North Star, and watched 3 movies. The live music by guitarist Yavaslov and pianist Andrii were so good I watched them twice. Other times I just chill in my balcony or nap away, or go shopping around the Royal Esplanade. The works at art gallery were nice to look at too. Didn’t even go to the hot tub or swimming, and my trip was over before I know it.
oh are we allow to watch all the 4 shows? i thgt only can watch 1 show?

cooler628

Reaction score
Once onboard go to app or guest services to make reservations for shows n bumper cars, tends to get fully booked pretty fast due to limited capacity n more crowd. Bumper car only once per cabin, hv to approach guest services or call operator for any extra slots.
hi bro, i never got a chance to book the bumper car. Do u mean per cabin can only book once? or everyday can play once?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.