PSP Leong Mun Wai vs MOF minister Lawrence Wong in Parliament on 14 September 2021 at 1400-0030 hrs

desmond_yee1

Banned
Reaction score
I think we must understand that Singapore only resource is human capital. So we lan lan have to work our socks off to make ourselves valuable.
some drugs like morphine can be used for painkilling, but too much of you will get you addicted, overdosed and died.

desmond_yee1

Banned
Reaction score
Agreed but Singapore is becoming a place where locals finding it hard to survive whereby foreigners just feed on our policies and back to hero country leaning locals dry
Singapore never closed our doors since Raffles era, maybe only during WWII.

We welcome real talents like those LKY attracted.

Milodrink

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you not know that many MNCs like Shell, ExxonMobil, Facebook, Google, other FAANG companies, BHP, Vale and even international banks like JP Morgan, UBS etc. paying a much lower than the corporate tax rate of 17% in Singapore?

Many are just paying 5-10% corporate tax instead of the normal 17%. Some even get ZERO tax for a few years.

Yet how many of these MNCs given massive tax discounts are giving the good prospects and high salary jobs to Singaporeans?

These companies are leeching on Singapore's taxation goodwill but instead of creating good jobs for Singaporeans here in Singapore, they are taking Singapore's tax money to create good high pay jobs for the so called FTs here in Singapore.

Side track, then is Grab MNC

yummie

Suspended
Reaction score
From CNA FB comments section, by local Indian girl:

IMG-20210914-213314.jpg

What has Lawrence Wong got to say now?
LW will say fake news

yummie

Suspended
Reaction score
Hmm...yeah cases are climbing quite rapidly but icu so far (choy choy touchwood) stay at single digit. The ones who need oxygen also still double digit...if next 2 weeks number stabilise I think should be OK...(hopefully...)
u helping them to shift goal posts? LOLOL. not accusing of being IB. but ppl will misunderstand

Proone

Reaction score
What is so difficult for this government to ensure Singaporean are not under employed?

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PAP is more like they wont admit they are wrong, they will actively defend what they do is right.

But in the coming month u will see them start gungho on all the MOM checks and what not liao. U will start seeing ppl kpkb why their watever shiat pass all soo hard to approve.

they will use this saga to act as if all these is plan by them. They know they screw up they just dun want to admit

Then 6 month later come out a report say Sgean employment rate increase by XX%, due to smth they done.
Then after that will another article say more company close down due to manpower issue.

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today OT so long sia, after this they going to watch apple event together isit?

May Day

Reaction score
This. There was an uproar in Australia over companies like BHP avoiding tax using loopholes such as this.
I've even got an ex-colleague who used to work for BHP and he confirmed there were not many Singaporeans in the company. Mostly ang mohs with the few Singaporeans doing the lower end job such as it end user support.
This is very true.

A lot of big oil and gas and commodities companies like BHP, Vale, Ampol, BP, Vitol, Trafigura and many mid size Chinese metals companies etc, are employing much more FTs than Singaporeans especially at the senior levels.

These MNC companies get huge tax rebates and incentives from Singapore but they create the good and high paid jobs for their own FT networks instead of benefitting Singaporeans.

Apex01

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
See channel 8 news that sham keep distorting LMW. 😂

LMW want more data but I think he will never get it.
I saw that. Shan the snake keep putting words to Leong mouth, and conclude that Leong is such and such. Typical snake devious tongue. And all newspapers will make Shan words as headlines.

SatkiSasuke

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I saw that. Shan the snake keep putting words to Leong mouth, and conclude that Leong is such and such. Typical snake devious tongue. And all newspapers will make Shan words as headlines.
End up he also lan lan say he support ceca. Double head snake

OddEye

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I want to ask le why sg had good education yet still need foreigners for skills imparting ah? Does this mean education system and skills required have a big mismatch?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.