LW ask if we want SGP to be back in the 90s...OMG the 90s were like the best!!

Would you be willing to trade a lower GDP and standard of living but have Singapore back in the 90s

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

xiaosinsinful

Banned
Reaction score
I think both are important and targeting different areas.

In the case of Covid there isnt really much we can do without further jeopardizing the livelihoods of the people.

We are already very highly vaccinated and letting in so little. The imported cases are a fraction of our local transmission.
Rather then saying things like endemic (idk who started it) , let’s live with it. A very lazy solution/answer

they come out with laws to fine people who don’t clear trays

shows their #priorities

kyo_465

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guess that explains why pap keep upping costs to us? :o

mindef is white elephant in today globalism, especially applies for us.

i dont mind upping costs if big portion goes to healthcare and cut mindef gaolat!
Like u I am pissed that billions have been spent on losers and SMEs.

Nobody seems to care about that? Such hypocrisy.

chech01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Back then we were talents and in great demand in the region.

Now even a viet bu is a better talent.

We have retrograded since the 3g took over. That also coincided with greed for money. 4g took it to a lower level.

Now it is ok to over spend, to make repeated mistakes, to talk and flip later, use big words to cover shortcomings. and endless ....

louisoh

Banned
Reaction score
90s grad pay 2k... Buy 5rm hdb only 100kplus..

Now..grad pay 3k.. Buy hdb 5rm 400k....

Pap wansui

kyo_465

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rather then saying things like endemic (idk who started it) , let’s live with it. A very lazy solution/answer

they come out with laws to fine people who don’t clear trays

shows their #priorities
we have to live with it.

There is no other way. Do you want to close doors and live in isolation? For how long?
That is not a responsible thing to do IMO.

They are doing both. If people clear their trays then there is no need to a law right? I find that law quite disgraceful as a society.

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Like u I am pissed that billions have been spent on losers and SMEs.

Nobody seems to care about that? Such hypocrisy.

yes i agree pap spending too easily, besides (now) pointless mindef, also on those jlb mayors, mnc rebates, even yale-nus edu sectors not spare or even trace together tokens :o

kyo_465

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Back then we were talents and in great demand in the region.

Now even a viet bu is a better talent.

We have retrograded since the 3g took over. That also coincided with greed for money. 4g took it to a lower level.

Now it is ok to over spend, to make repeated mistakes, to talk and flip later, use big words to cover shortcomings. and endless ....
we where only talents in the last 10 years. But other countries have caught up and thats the reality.

I dun think they are perfect but we are better than most TBH.

Now the losers are getting more vocal and the silent majority's needs are drowned out.

Is that fair?

kyo_465

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes i agree pap spending too easily, besides (now) pointless mindef, also on those jlb mayors, mnc rebates, even yale-nus edu sectors not spare or even trace together tokens :o
Mindef has a clear purpose.

subsidizing dying SMES and PHV losers are to me a band aid to keep losers quiet.

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
and Jo Teo can say only need small space to procreate

and they ask us why our birth rates crashing

meanwhile, importing more FTs to create good jobs for Singaporeans.

Cheers.

so confirm 90s era policies were better loh. 92% respondents agree. 160 please feedback to LW :o

how do small spaces today make for better living? 8% please reply

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mindef has a clear purpose.

subsidizing dying SMES and PHV losers are to me a band aid to keep losers quiet.

forcing to mix globalism and nationalism will make citizens bear the brunt of it.
while elities feel safer, just a bit more time to flight out?

thats also a purpose i guess :o

spidyboyie2

Reaction score
are you saying locals dont have the means and knowledge to move with tech advancements and we must depend on foreigners?

like i said, everyone wants to be a landlord...thats why we have more foreigners...without foreigners working here...how u get your rental income right...<--this is the reason why locals are left out...because our govt took the easy way out..
Ok just to indulge you a bit more la, yes in every transition e.g. from labour intensive to knowledge bases economy to digital economy there will always be a gap. And so YES, local during this period don't have the means or knowledge to move with tech advancements. So yes, we depend on foreigners. In fact, we depends on foreigners to provide us with work like all the foreign banks and many other mncs.

As for rental income, this is just a by product of the govt policies, not borne out of a specific govt policy.

So that's that. If you still differ on opinion with me, you may reply me. But this will be my last response to you, cause I am afraid we may never see eye to eye.

kyo_465

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
forcing to mix globalism and nationalism will make citizens bear the brunt of it.
while elities feel safer, just a bit more time to flight out?

thats also a purpose i guess :o
Elites, well off, whatever losers wanna call them.

But many of them are not born with a silver spoon. They also went against odds (Globalism, nationalism blah blah) to achieve it.

Do you think they care about losers who complain loudly?

Will you care about losers who complain loudly?

nymous

Banned
Reaction score
We cannot look at our own experiences as individually we will be at a different stage of our lives. You need to compare to your parents who 30yrs ago were the breadwinners.

My family were not consider rich (or poor) back then but we had no problems to provide a roof for the family and food on the table. Mind you this was on a SINGLE income with mom being a housewife. Dad could be home in time for family dinner (6:30pm!) while watching the evening news.

Today? We struggle to afford mortgages and this is on a DUAL income. More of society are on some form of social assistance. The cost of living has spiralled so much that family/children requires lifestyle adjustment.

I personally don't think SG is "better of" compared to the 90s

Wait... always miss out the part where selfish gen ******* rich frm property appreciation, rental income , cheap labour, forever manager, etc

xeonboy

Banned
Reaction score
Lawrence Wong, look closely at the poll below and stop lying to yourself.

b12390760aadf786fac0d373758d9a7e.png

kyo_465

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
we gone through this before....protecting loved ones by taking the flight out asap ... follow the other bulk of the population we have here....:o

nationalism meritocracy racism...just ideas to stroke pap policies

the polls here dont lie, 92% think the 90s way of policies are great despite LW questioning :o
I am sure the other countries welcome you with open arms.

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Elites, well off, whatever losers wanna call them.

But many of them are not born with a silver spoon. They also went against odds (Globalism, nationalism blah blah) to achieve it.

Do you think they care about losers who complain loudly?

Will you care about losers who complain loudly?

of course must care. thats what inclusivity movement is about. cannot stop at gender inequality or racism only. :o

it is about sharing the growth rather than hoarding it just because you can. nepotism classism are just as applicable terms like meritorcracy

another issue from 90s vs today. the rich got richers. are they working proportionately harder to justify their growth?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.