Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 38

Jian19

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I question:

WHY, despite our massive star studded team for first eleven and bench, are we constantly pegged back & dominated by supposedly weaker teams like Young Boys? It has got to be coaching team & tactics problem.

It's not like Young Boys sat back park bus play defensively, low block.. they had 19 attempts on goal versus ours a derisory 2!!! Not to mention lower possession %.

And given the avg height of our backline.. he mentioned we struggled to deal with their crosses & setpieces. I wonder what they do during defensive coaching.

10 vs 11 mah :o

cracker

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I question:

WHY, despite our massive star studded team for first eleven and bench, are we constantly pegged back & dominated by supposedly weaker teams like Young Boys? It has got to be coaching team & tactics problem.

It's not like Young Boys sat back park bus play defensively, low block.. they had 19 attempts on goal versus ours a derisory 2!!! Not to mention lower possession %.

And given the avg height of our backline.. he mentioned we struggled to deal with their crosses & setpieces. I wonder what they do during defensive coaching.
i think we have some good players and some average players.
but the right combination is required to get the desired results.

the way the current mgr select the players is definitely not based on merits.

I had always mentioned the down trend since he signed the first contract was very alarming.

Ole is currently the weakest link and I will point my finger to him for his poor tactical management. However many will be quick to chop off my finger and said we dun have ENOUGH WORLD CLASS players or the Ole one stiill need more times.

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think we have some good players and some average players.
but the right combination is required to get the desired results.

the way the current mgr select the players is definitely not based on merits.

I had always mentioned the down trend since he signed the first contract was very alarming.

Ole is currently the weakest link and I will point my finger to him for his poor tactical management. However many will be quick to chop off my finger and said we dun have ENOUGH WORLD CLASS players or the Ole one stiill need more times.

Yeah he needs more time. 3 season nia.. can give him 5 more

TBH. Even if our squad add more world class players also no point.. their potential is capped by the manager/coaching team.

dennis7w7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the main concern is we did not sign a proper DMF in the transfer window.

Matic, our only DMF, is 33 and is legs are tired and cannot play every single game.
McTominay has the physique but doesn't play like one.
Fred is terrible regardless of where he play.
Pogba playable at DMF but fans wont like as playing him in DMF will cause him to be "locked"
People said DVB played at DMF before but Ole just doesn't seem to trust this man.
Loan out James Garner when we no DMF cover.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Greenwood's form will suggest he should be the one for the job.
he threw in Martial thinking its just YB, let him to play a bit and hopefully gain confidence if he clock a moment of brilliance ?
But people say he replaced Fred with Martial in hopes of stretching them wor? His tactics and subs questionable again

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Carrick ?
or the other guy who looks like a younger version of Phil Neville

Funny now Ole has Phelan, Carrick and the other guy as assistant 1st team coaches but none of them suggest otherwise or stop him whenever his lineup, subs and tactics questionable.

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
he threw in Martial thinking its just YB, let him to play a bit and hopefully gain confidence if he clock a moment of brilliance ?

Very likely.. sometimes Ole strike me as the overly naive, positive & inexperienced manager.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Conte and Zizou is available. But fans still think after close to 2ish seasons that Ole needs time. Lol.. maybe another 8 years? or maybe another 30 years?
conte is good but he is not a yes man. he always got problem with the management and very vocal abt it. confirm will tio sack.

WhiteHunter

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
greenwood is the one likely to score. should have sub him in instead of lingard. also martial hardly run and defend so i don't know why he got sub in and at 89 mins. might as well defend all the way.

cracker

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even Fergie didnt field Ole with 2 min of normal time to go ... hoping to get sth out of a match.

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Taking off both Bruno and Ronaldo at the same time was the more baffling decision to me. You would think with their reputation as top class players and just by being on the pitch, the Young Boys team wouldn't dare to commit so many men far forward even if they had a man more. It just sends a signal that we are going to defend with our lives for the rest of the game and we aren't interested in attacking anymore. It's just something only teams like Burnley or West Brom would do. It's just not very good management or decision making for me and i don't like to claim that i know more than these managers who have actual jobs in the Prem

Also Jesse better stay out of whatever social media he is on, he's going to get tons of abuse until we win the next game

I still expect us to get out of this group which ten points is usually enough. Surely Ole can get that? I don't have good words to say for him if he again crashes out of the group stage for 2 successive years. I would be on the brink to want to see him go if it happens again. Varane and Ronaldo aren't here to play in the Europa League. Last year we started well beating both PSG and Leipzig yet disastrously fail to qualify. Maybe this year the reverse lol

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Manchester United's high morale doesn't just exist on the pitch at the moment as Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho and Jesse Lingard were all seen at Parklife festival over the weekend.

After an excellent performance in front of a raucous crowd some United stars took to the music festival to unwind. Paul Pogba was seen on stage with afrobeats artist Burna Boy just hours after his two assists in the win, dancing along to the beat as fans reacted excitedly.

Later that day Lingard was seen stage-side with Rashford, who is yet to feature for United this season due to shoulder surgery undertaken in the summer.

Then on Sunday, United had a day off from training meaning Lingard and Rashford were joined by summer signing Jadon Sancho as they watched US hip-hop trio Migos and UK grime star Skepta perform that took place at Heaton Park.

Lingard's Instagram story also showed the attacking midfielder being wowed by magician Dynamo backstage as he performed a trick on part of the 28-year-old's entourage.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...rd-rashford-sancho-parklife-festival-21552673
Lucky Rashford was recovering from his shoulder surgery & didn't play against Young Boys. Don't think he will perform well. How you expect these 3 amigos (Lingard, Rashford & Sancho) to perform consistently if they often go out & party?

Last edited:

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Next match away to WHU, won't be easy opponents.. not 2 away defeats i hope?

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Solskjaer's in-game management again dubious.

From the moment Wan-Bissaka was sent off, United played for a 1-0. Then they played for a 1-1. They got neither. They got what they deserved.

Solskjaer switched to a defensive trident, a needlessly negative switch that heaped more pressure on United and it backfired when Varane was blindsided by Moumi Ngamaleu for the equaliser.

United improved when Nemanja Matic was introduced and his arrival should have been sooner. The late use of Matic encapsulated Solskjaer's decision-making in that he had no intention of over-exerting a probable starter at West Ham in five days' time when a point was deemed acceptable.

But United did not get their point. Solskjaer inexplicably hooked Fred, secure beside Matic, for the irrelevant Anthony Martial and it was another ineffectual substitute, Jesse Lingard, whose blind pass was intercepted by Jordan Siebatcheu. David de Gea was a condemned man. Once again, Solskjaer - the super sub as a player - did not make super subs.

The Young Boys substitutes and staff stormed the pitch. Their manager, David Wagner, presided over Huddersfield's most famous Premier League victory over United by the same scoreline.

This is ostensibly the best United squad since when they were last the competition's holders and they are better equipped to reach the latter stages. Their three changes in Bern consisted of recalling internationals from Sweden, Brazil and the Netherlands yet United played within themselves and portrayed an inferiority complex.

That did not tally with the bullish note Solskjaer struck on the eve of the tie. United blew it in the group stage last year and have reached the quarter-finals a pitiful twice since their schooling by Barcelona at Wembley in 2011.

Wan-Bissaka was fortunate just to retain his place. The £50million right-back's recent selections have been by default and he is the weak link in United's stellar defence, unreliable at both ends, and he has regressed over the last year.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/young-boys-vs-man-united-21570087
Self destructed against Young Boys. Maybe should get David Wagner to manage Man Utd. He managed Hudderfield & beat Solskjaer's Man Utd. Now he manages Young Boys & beat Solskjaer's Man Utd again.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.