Royal Caribbean - Quantum of the Seas

galant22

Master Member
Reaction score
i bought the 1 device internet surf package at $17 odd after discount, is this price ok? or got cheaper coming up?

milkshake89

Reaction score
Hi, would anyone know if specialty dining can be purchased while onboard instead of prior to sailing from the Cruise Planner? Is the price the same or does it go up for onboard purchases? I know that the Internet packages go up a lot for purchase onboard. Thanks.

direptor

Reaction score
Hi, would anyone know if specialty dining can be purchased while onboard instead of prior to sailing from the Cruise Planner? Is the price the same or does it go up for onboard purchases? I know that the Internet packages go up a lot for purchase onboard. Thanks.
Specialty dining can be purchased onboard but you have less flexibility in terms of timing for meals if they are fully booked or mostly booked.

Pricing wise if you are just going for a single restaurant, i think the prices are similar but its been ages since i paid directly onboard instead of booking pre-cruise since i always feel the exchange rate + bank charges would likely make it a poorer deal.

shaoxSG

Reaction score
Just finished my solo cruise in an interior stateroom from 13-16 Sept 2021, and I had a great time! Thanks to the advice from many of the cruise veterans here to optimize the vacation time. I went for all 4 shows, watched some live music, had the Unlimited Dining Package to try all 4 of the speciality restaurents (did Chops Grille twice) and also did a number of other activities on board, so here's a short summary of what I thought about them:

Shows:
(1) Sequins and Feathers (Royal Theatre): Entertaining, fast paced and enjoyable pop music and dance performance, a must see!
(2) Gold Art Duo (Royal Theatre): Nice artistic and acrobatic showcase, dude was pretty funny too
(3) Violinist Nadiia and the Cast of Starwater (270): Nadiia was amazingly talented. The Starwater part was a bit of a headscratcher, although it did showcase the 270 stage well.
(4) KUBA (270): Think this is a new show, since nobody else here mentioned him before. KUBA is a multi-instrumentalist, and he played the vibraphone, kalimba and theremin, backed up by the Royal Caribbean Jazz Quartet (see below). Was an entertaining show and I loved the rock rendition of Caprice No. 24.

Live Music:
(1) The Kinetic Band (Music Hall): cover-pop rock band from the Philippines, watching the show made me realise how much I missed live rock band performances in Singapore. Great band!
(2) Royal Caribbean Jazz Quartet (Music Hall): amazingly talented musicians doing what they do best. Was especially impressed by the guitarist.
(3) Yaroslav (guitar) (Boleros): amazingly talented classical guitarist. Pretty robotic in terms of audience interaction, but just seeing Asturias performed live was insane.

Speciality Dining:
(1) Chops Grille: Had Chops Grille for both lunch and dinner. Great place for your steaks, I think I preferred the filet mignon over the bone-in ribeye after trying them both on two separate occasions. Favourite starters were the wild mushroom soup and the crab cake, while the lobster bisque was a little too salty. Red velvet cake and chocolate cake were both great, though I was pretty full by the time I got to dessert
(2) Jamie's Italian: Had it for dinner. Everything was so good but I ordered way too much for myself. Both starters, crispy squid and baked mushroom, were excellent. Had both carbonara and salmon for mains, with rocket salad as a side. Everything was great but only had enough space for about half of each. Tiramisu was great too!
(3) Izumi: Lunch. It's not ala-carte; you order one small plate, two large plates and a dessert. Gyoza was not bad, and my favourite was the Chef's sushi roll, really tasty. Tried the ramen too and while I liked the meat and egg, the noodles were a bit sus; they didnt look or feel like actual ramen noodles. Matcha ice cream was matcha ice cream.
(4) Wonderland: Nice dinner to round up the dining experience. Inventive cuisine, with each of the dishes having multiple elements and thought behind it. The narrative and service experience was excellent, and there were several standout dishes like the tomato water, smokey eggs and the pork belly (the applesauce drops were amazing!) The World dessert was a great spectacle to watch, but it tasted too overly sweet. But then again I'm the kind who orders 0% sugar bubble tea, lol.

Other Activities
(1) Early hot tub at the Solarium on Day 1 is a must, before everyone else comes onboard. Also went to the openair pool and hot tub on Day 3 and it was enjoyable as well.
(2) Went for a number of game activities like Sudoku, General Trivia, Harry Potter Trivia and Word Search, I'm bad at all of them, but still it was entertaining. Had some great hosts such as Tristan and Xiao!

Interior Room
- I felt the room size was perfect for a solo traveller, and never felt the need for a balcony or something. The lcd screen with the fake balcony was funny but actually felt quite good psychologically.

Can't wait for my Grand Suite cruise in January!

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just finished my solo cruise in an interior stateroom from 13-16 Sept 2021, and I had a great time! Thanks to the advice from many of the cruise veterans here to optimize the vacation time. I went for all 4 shows, watched some live music, had the Unlimited Dining Package to try all 4 of the speciality restaurents (did Chops Grille twice) and also did a number of other activities on board, so here's a short summary of what I thought about them:

Shows:
(1) Sequins and Feathers (Royal Theatre): Entertaining, fast paced and enjoyable pop music and dance performance, a must see!
(2) Gold Art Duo (Royal Theatre): Nice artistic and acrobatic showcase, dude was pretty funny too
(3) Violinist Nadiia and the Cast of Starwater (270): Nadiia was amazingly talented. The Starwater part was a bit of a headscratcher, although it did showcase the 270 stage well.
(4) KUBA (270): Think this is a new show, since nobody else here mentioned him before. KUBA is a multi-instrumentalist, and he played the vibraphone, kalimba and theremin, backed up by the Royal Caribbean Jazz Quartet (see below). Was an entertaining show and I loved the rock rendition of Caprice No. 24.

Live Music:
(1) The Kinetic Band (Music Hall): cover-pop rock band from the Philippines, watching the show made me realise how much I missed live rock band performances in Singapore. Great band!
(2) Royal Caribbean Jazz Quartet (Music Hall): amazingly talented musicians doing what they do best. Was especially impressed by the guitarist.
(3) Yaroslav (guitar) (Boleros): amazingly talented classical guitarist. Pretty robotic in terms of audience interaction, but just seeing Asturias performed live was insane.

Speciality Dining:
(1) Chops Grille: Had Chops Grille for both lunch and dinner. Great place for your steaks, I think I preferred the filet mignon over the bone-in ribeye after trying them both on two separate occasions. Favourite starters were the wild mushroom soup and the crab cake, while the lobster bisque was a little too salty. Red velvet cake and chocolate cake were both great, though I was pretty full by the time I got to dessert
(2) Jamie's Italian: Had it for dinner. Everything was so good but I ordered way too much for myself. Both starters, crispy squid and baked mushroom, were excellent. Had both carbonara and salmon for mains, with rocket salad as a side. Everything was great but only had enough space for about half of each. Tiramisu was great too!
(3) Izumi: Lunch. It's not ala-carte; you order one small plate, two large plates and a dessert. Gyoza was not bad, and my favourite was the Chef's sushi roll, really tasty. Tried the ramen too and while I liked the meat and egg, the noodles were a bit sus; they didnt look or feel like actual ramen noodles. Matcha ice cream was matcha ice cream.
(4) Wonderland: Nice dinner to round up the dining experience. Inventive cuisine, with each of the dishes having multiple elements and thought behind it. The narrative and service experience was excellent, and there were several standout dishes like the tomato water, smokey eggs and the pork belly (the applesauce drops were amazing!) The World dessert was a great spectacle to watch, but it tasted too overly sweet. But then again I'm the kind who orders 0% sugar bubble tea, lol.

Other Activities
(1) Early hot tub at the Solarium on Day 1 is a must, before everyone else comes onboard. Also went to the openair pool and hot tub on Day 3 and it was enjoyable as well.
(2) Went for a number of game activities like Sudoku, General Trivia, Harry Potter Trivia and Word Search, I'm bad at all of them, but still it was entertaining. Had some great hosts such as Tristan and Xiao!

Interior Room
- I felt the room size was perfect for a solo traveller, and never felt the need for a balcony or something. The lcd screen with the fake balcony was funny but actually felt quite good psychologically.

Can't wait for my Grand Suite cruise in January!
What is the total damage?

yukino

Reaction score
Hi, when can we start to reserve and plan our itinerary? Only when we are onboard?
my friend said that jacuzzi can only dip for 10 mins. is that true?

dr3amsss

Reaction score
Hi, when can we start to reserve and plan our itinerary? Only when we are onboard?
my friend said that jacuzzi can only dip for 10 mins. is that true?
Your activities available to your trip will be update 1week before your department on your app. Then you can plan your itinerary and try to book most of your activities once you are onboard. Especially the popular stuff like bumper cars, performance show (Gold art duo etc).

Yes. Jacuzzi only 10mins by rules. But if you go during non-peak hours when no queue. Usually they will let u dip longer. Also its super hot la. 10mins enough alr hahaha. I heard the jacuzzi is open 24hrs. But i didnt go during midnight before. 1st day afternoon after lunch buffet best timing, no crowd at all.

dr3amsss

Reaction score
hi bro, i never got a chance to book the bumper car. Do u mean per cabin can only book once? or everyday can play once?
By rules. Everyone can only play once per trip during the whole stay.

A trick i used to play twice. I book first game thru app selecting only half of my family (4 out of 7). Then i go on time to play. The person outside usually only check your timing to make sure you are entering the correct timeslot, they dont check the total ppl playing. So i said 7 ppl playing and then they allow all of us to enter lol.

Then i use another acc to book the next day timing using the last 3 person and did the same thing. Just tell them you booked 7 ppl and show the timeslot on ur app to them. Both bouncer outside didnt check for the small detail. They jus see the timing only. So i managed to play twice =p

If lets say they check then u can just say u tot u booked for everyone. Lol. first timer dunno what... hahaha.

Anyway important thing, remember to wear toe covered shoe for bumper car. they super strict now. i used to be able to play with slippers. now cannot anymore.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.