kF94 or Surgical mask?

KPO_SAHM

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how u know the inner one is kid size? can see meh

I wore mask for many years.
I always use white japanese mask as face is smaller. Jap mask is comfortable , no fabric dust which made ur nose super sensitive and fitting is tight and secured ...japanese mask usually comes in white and I always use female size as it is smaller than regular mask. Mine made in Japan as my Japanese friend couriered to me

Reaction score
Those who are frail better don't wear N95 or similar. I know of senior with high blood, feeling nauseous and giddy after wearing probably caused by the decreased airflow.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am wearing 2 pieces of surgical masks . One kid size for inner and adult mask as the outer layer. More economic and seemed many did that in trains or malls

Ok, very long story cut short, you wear 2 x surgical masks, best case is that measured filtration (as fitted) stays the same before. eg surgical mask 1pc = 60% filtration @ 0.1 microns, 2 pcs = 60%. There might even be a drop.

Best solution is to wear those cloth masks, eg Temasek issued livinguard, then cut out the 2-layer cloth area, leaving the edges intact. Wear your surgical mask first, then the livinguard on top of that.
What you want is to create a decent seal around the surgical mask for all the 4 edges. That seal wont be perfect but still better than many other ways.

Last edited:

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those who are frail better don't wear N95 or similar. I know of senior with high blood, feeling nauseous and giddy after wearing probably caused by the decreased airflow.
I share 1 story for KF94. I put my 93 year old granny on KF94, 3M micropore tape total seal for nose bridge, upper cheeks + lower chin.
No issue for 2hrs +. Coz 3rd booster vax so need to take her out.
But it was a particularly special KF94, the brand Good Manner KF94 which uses "branded" materials like Dupont, Toray, is extremely breathable (the most breathable that i have)

But it is true that those with COPD, emphysema, or 3rd trimester preggies must take care when wearing these stuff. Super elderly pax, still depends.
Or put it this way, you are a healthy pax, you try brisk walking with a KF94, it is similar.

ps bonus. basket, now 2 days after vax, she said not much pain no effect no fever. :s34::s22: She asked can resume exercise soon or not, coz heart no feeling of arrthymia/pain/tightness. :s22:

Last edited:

soyalove

Reaction score
I share 1 story for KF94. I put my 93 year old granny on KF94, 3M micropore tape total seal for nose bridge, upper cheeks + lower chin.
But it was a particularly special KF94, the brand Good Manner KF94 which uses "branded" materials like Dupont, Toray, is extremely breathable (the most breathable that i have)
ps bonus. basket, now 2 days after vax, she said not much pain no effect no fever.
blushed.gif

wobble.gif

She asked can resume exercise soon or not, coz heart no feeling of arrthymia/pain/tightness.
wobble.gif

I recall seeing a post by your about where to get kf94s, but can’t find the thread now. Any leads? The online ones all can’t really tell if it has the necessary thickness or not so don’t know how to buy..

soyalove

Reaction score
Heh....cant be helped, the conditions forced me. If i rich fella i dont even have to bother about such things. go out we still squeeze in MRT etc meh.

Haha I mean it in a good way. I learn a lot from your posts on varying topics.

Shutterbox

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

But it is true that those with COPD, emphysema, or 3rd trimester preggies must take care when wearing these stuff.

ps bonus. basket, now 2 days after vax, she said not much pain no effect no fever. :s34::s22: She asked can resume exercise soon or not, coz heart no feeling of arrthymia/pain/tightness. :s22:
Can share where u bought this KF94 brand of mask? :o

KPO_SAHM

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok, very long story cut short, you wear 2 x surgical masks, best case is that measured filtration (as fitted) stays the same before. eg surgical mask 1pc = 60% filtration @ 0.1 microns, 2 pcs = 60%. There might even be a drop.

Best solution is to wear those cloth masks, eg Temasek issued livinguard, then cut out the 2-layer cloth area, leaving the edges intact. Wear your surgical mask first, then the livinguard on top of that.
What you want is to create a decent seal around the surgical mask for all the 4 edges. That seal wont be perfect but still better than many other ways.

I am keen to get mask for my kids including a toddler. Their face are small. Any recommendations of kids fabric mask? Disposable mask r not comfortable.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can share where u bought this KF94 brand of mask? :o
Can..... that korean fella got send stocks over to qxpress SG for fufillment basis. So delivery ought to be rather fast also.

https://www.qoo10.sg/g/688450582/?__langcd=en&__currency=SGD
There might be other excellent KF94s as well (eg Bluna or LG Airwasher), if you are willing to pay. So far Good Manner is the premium one out there without costing an arm or a leg.
There are also cheap ones, $8.99 for 50pcs, check on qoo10....nothing wrong with them as well, just maybe some basic -ve like slightly scratchy inner ply material or slightly higher breathing resistance.
They still work at the same performance level as the premium ones.

But note, in higher risk settings, esp with the caseloads now + MRT travel (still got jokers exposing noses), do use 3M micropore to tape the nose bridge and upper cheeks.

Anecdotal eg, my SIL in Batam, during its peak the prevalence over there is maciam like SG having 6k daily caseload ( :s22:), her coy once like over half out of action coz all tio covid workplace transmission, she and her colleagues those wearing proper KF94s never tio. Sensi also has "KF-94" like tri-fold masks,my SIL wearing the KF94s i sent over via courier. Eye protection is also recommended in those scenarios, esp if there are people around who bo chup about masking up (eg chin diaper wearers).

KPO_SAHM

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
some cheap kf94 can’t filter anything much. Some made in china one are quite bad. Get HSA one better. Try air plus or MaskSafe. Both very comfortable. If not get the made in Korea kf 94. Proper n95 is the best. Harder and expensive to get but good for high risk area. N100 also can. But the n95 up are very uncomfortable to wear long hours leh

Wistech ok??

KPO_SAHM

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can..... that korean fella got send stocks over to qxpress SG for fufillment basis. So delivery ought to be rather fast also.

https://www.qoo10.sg/g/688450582/?__langcd=en&__currency=SGD
There might be other excellent KF94s as well (eg Bluna or LG Airwasher), if you are willing to pay. So far Good Manner is the premium one out there without costing an arm or a leg.
There are also cheap ones, $8.99 for 50pcs, check on qoo10....nothing wrong with them as well, just maybe some basic -ve like slightly scratchy inner ply material or slightly higher breathing resistance.
They still work at the same performance level as the premium ones.

But note, in higher risk settings, esp with the caseloads now + MRT travel (still got jokers exposing noses), do use 3M micropore to tape the nose bridge and upper cheeks.

Anecdotal eg, my SIL in Batam, during its peak the prevalence over there is maciam like SG having 6k daily caseload ( :s22:), her coy once like over half out of action coz all tio covid workplace transmission, she and her colleagues those wearing proper KF94s never tio. Sensi also has "KF-94" like tri-fold masks,my SIL wearing the KF94s i sent over via courier. Eye protection is also recommended in those scenarios, esp if there are people around who bo chup about masking up (eg chin diaper wearers).

Wistech ok?

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am keen to get mask for my kids including a toddler. Their face are small. Any recommendations of kids fabric mask? Disposable mask r not comfortable.

I also same, K1/K2 kids at my BILs and mine pri school. Unfortunately there are none kids of that age fabric masks with higher filtration capability.

But primary school 有救
M size, upper nose bridge to chin sizes of 11cm to 12cm (not talking about mask dimension)
This is a 3 layer fabric mask, is gonna be more restrictive than say the livinguard that temasek issued. Cant be helped.

The fit looks ok. Confirm wont be anywhere near KF94 disposables, but is as close a shot as you can get.

https://airplus-family.store/collections/our-products/products/reusable-mask

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.