kF94 or Surgical mask?

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wistech ok?
Expensive for the price leh. Tiong manufactured tiong materials, albeit tiong stuff that measures up to standard.

I know of tiong material stuff (but made in korea) that cost like $8.99 nia. 50pcs. Shipped (need the qoo10 30% coupon and free ship coupon via q-lounge)

KPO_SAHM

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Expensive for the price leh. Tiong manufactured tiong materials, albeit tiong stuff that measures up to standard.

I know of tiong material stuff (but made in korea) that cost like $8.99 nia. 50pcs. Shipped (need the qoo10 30% coupon and free ship coupon via q-lounge)

Any link to share? My eldest needs to communte 45mins by train on weekdays to school and have to share air con classroom too. I quite worry for him

Shutterbox

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can..... that korean fella got send stocks over to qxpress SG for fufillment basis. So delivery ought to be rather fast also.

https://www.qoo10.sg/g/688450582/?__langcd=en&__currency=SGD
There might be other excellent KF94s as well (eg Bluna or LG Airwasher), if you are willing to pay. So far Good Manner is the premium one out there without costing an arm or a leg.
There are also cheap ones, $8.99 for 50pcs, check on qoo10....nothing wrong with them as well, just maybe some basic -ve like slightly scratchy inner ply material or slightly higher breathing resistance.
They still work at the same performance level as the premium ones.

But note, in higher risk settings, esp with the caseloads now + MRT travel (still got jokers exposing noses), do use 3M micropore to tape the nose bridge and upper cheeks.

Anecdotal eg, my SIL in Batam, during its peak the prevalence over there is maciam like SG having 6k daily caseload ( :s22:), her coy once like over half out of action coz all tio covid workplace transmission, she and her colleagues those wearing proper KF94s never tio. Sensi also has "KF-94" like tri-fold masks,my SIL wearing the KF94s i sent over via courier. Eye protection is also recommended in those scenarios, esp if there are people around who bo chup about masking up (eg chin diaper wearers).
The lifebouy brand sold at ntuc considered a ok mask to get?

KPO_SAHM

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also same, K1/K2 kids at my BILs and mine pri school. Unfortunately there are none kids of that age fabric masks with higher filtration capability.

But primary school 有救
M size, upper nose bridge to chin sizes of 11cm to 12cm (not talking about mask dimension)
This is a 3 layer fabric mask, is gonna be more restrictive than say the livinguard that temasek issued. Cant be helped.

The fit looks ok. Confirm wont be anywhere near KF94 disposables, but is as close a shot as you can get.

https://airplus-family.store/collections/our-products/products/reusable-mask

2 of my kids could not fit into temasek smallest mask

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any link to share? My eldest needs to communte 45mins by train on weekdays to school and have to share air con classroom too. I quite worry for him
2 of my kids could not fit into temasek smallest mask

That's relatively higher risk than most of the rest of the population out there......

But to cover more / all bases for other readers as well, this is good for big size K1/K2 all the way to around pri 3 with a 35 to maybe 40 kg 130cm frame if you wanna push it. Just that it is sold out ever since SG cases spiked, restock in Sep 30.

https://www.qoo10.sg/item/HEART-MOM...-4-PLY-DAILY-MASK/691832336?banner_no=1305330

For upper pri - can try this HWIPure kids (8-14), the green one. I dont think will fit our Sec 1-2 kids, but pri 3 to 6 shd be a nice fit. Is expensive, you can try shopee/lazada as well for best price.
Nevertheless, is gonna be expensive, coz these special sizes are hard to come by. (economies of scale, whatever)

https://www.qoo10.sg/item/WHIPURE-K...T-KF94-MASK-50PCS/683324838?banner_no=1305330
For secondary school kids esp sec 2-4 (or sec 1-2 bigger size) and also petite females, can try this Hansol L size.
Or the Airdays M wide size.
Airdays is expensive

https://www.qoo10.sg/gmkt.inc/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=691650653
I have not researched much on Airdays, but just a link for the dimensions and some pix for reference.....u go find the best buy.
https://shopee.sg/-airdays-Korea-4p...ite-Black)-i.298150079.5387913580?position=14
DKCJB6I.jpg

Regardless of mask, always slap on some 3M micropore on the nose bridge/upper cheeks for higher risk settings, esp if casecounts chiong towards 2k. Some of these might need to tie up a bit of the earloop to tighten as well. Unless if you are wearing headbanded N95s and you know how to properly fit it, then no need.

I overdid the 3M micropore in the pic below but you get the idea. Just apply some that covers 2/3rds of the nose wire lenght more than sufficient liao, as the leak is usually at the 2 holes just beside the peak of the nose. Get the 1/2 inch tape.
It's very comfy, no issue one, only -ve is during removal, it's rather sticky (or when applying that time dont press too hard lah, or leave less of a tape area to stick on the skin and stick a higher % portion more on the mask.

Pro - tip : apply it in 2 sections like below, better than apply in 1 continuous section. Not as likely for the tape to fold onto itself when applying, esp for kids who arent that good with their fingers.

For bringing extra masks outside to use, just stick the tape first and then fold down the mask and put into your mask holder. It will still be sticky when you unfold it for usage.
Some pax might use 2-3 masks daily, so that helps.

dtuRvKC.jpg

Last edited:

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The lifebouy brand sold at ntuc considered a ok mask to get?
Can use.....but i recall those are flat surgical masks only for lifebuoy brand?

Need to additionally fit a fitting cloth mask, or just cut out the centre cloth and wear it like the below.

Bayshore_Dental_Studio___personalized_3D_printed_reusable_face_mask.jpg

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Share 1 pic of the Good Manner KF94.

This is how electrostatic the premium middle layer meltblown is. There is meltblown, and then there is MELTBLOWN. It even can even get past the outermost ply and attract hair.
Actually is a bit of a chore for long hair ladies.

ps. Not all KF94s do this, even the made in korea KF94s. Like i said, there is meltbown, and then there is MELTBLOWN.

zh0ydVy.jpg

OnARoll

Reaction score
@WussRedXLi Buttie, can I ask you if the good manner KF94 can block covid virus bo?

I bought a box but on the box it's written simi yellow dust..

-summersky1986

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
@WussRedXLi Buttie, can I ask you if the good manner KF94 can block covid virus bo?

I bought a box but on the box it's written simi yellow dust..

-summersky1986
Yo sk1986,

We exhale/sneeze/coughs as aerosols and the water in these aerosols evaporate and becomes this thing called droplet nuclei. The dessicated droplet nuclei consists of proteins and stuff in addition to viruses and range around 1 micron, dropping down to around 0.3 microns min. This is regardless of SARS-Cov-2, measles virus, cold viruses all the common ones like rhinovirus, 229E all are agglomerated together.
There is no such thing as 1 single virion floating in the air, this is a very common misconception.

zn9BmAP.jpg

All the Made in Korea KF94s can block. Note, MIK KF94, coz there are some 3D masks that are not KF94s and have less filtration, there are some 3D masks that claim BFE 99.9% but not KF94 that measure a wee bit less on the meter (eg on a hazy day the meter measures say 13-26 for the KF94 and for the BFE 99.9% mask measures around 50, while those made in china KF94 measures in the 300-600 particles / L range, and some 3D anti droplet masks measure 5000-9000 particles/L)

I have not met/measured a single MIK KF94 that measures bad or "fail" from qoo10, regardless of price, after measuring about a dozen brands. (not that i have that many, is coz other pax sent me samples to measure)

Note, the most important part is that you guard against leakages at tne nose bridge and upper cheeks. Followed by leaks at the chin area. In higher risk scenarios, you can use some 3M micropore tape (1/2 inch size is enough) to tape up at the edges so that there is no leak.
And seriously, you only get sick after a certain viral load exposure (they call this the viral innoculum), you dont get sick with just a few viral particles inhaled. Unless you immunity cui.
So, really depends.

Just for more eg and reference, this fella measures at 0.064 microns, with the mask fitted on his face.

gysDbmI.jpg

Here's another source on a PFE machine, testing on the filter performance solely.
He uses 0.1 micron particles.

OnARoll

Reaction score
Yo sk1986,

We exhale/sneeze/coughs as aerosols and the water in these aerosols evaporate and becomes this thing called droplet nuclei. The dessicated droplet nuclei consists of proteins and stuff in addition to viruses and range around 1 micron, dropping down to around 0.3 microns min. This is regardless of SARS-Cov-2, measles virus, cold viruses all the common ones like rhinovirus, 229E all are agglomerated together.
There is no such thing as 1 single virion floating in the air, this is a very common misconception.

zn9BmAP.jpg

All the Made in Korea KF94s can block. Note, MIK KF94, coz there are some 3D masks that are not KF94s and have less filtration, there are some 3D masks that claim BFE 99.9% but not KF94 that measure a wee bit less on the meter (eg on a hazy day the meter measures say 13-26 for the KF94 and for the BFE 99.9% mask measures around 50, while those made in china KF94 measures in the 300-600 particles / L range, and some 3D anti droplet masks measure 5000-9000 particles/L)

I have not met/measured a single MIK KF94 that measures bad or "fail" from qoo10, regardless of price, after measuring about a dozen brands. (not that i have that many, is coz other pax sent me samples to measure)

Note, the most important part is that you guard against leakages at tne nose bridge and upper cheeks. Followed by leaks at the chin area. In higher risk scenarios, you can use some 3M micropore tape (1/2 inch size is enough) to tape up at the edges so that there is no leak.
And seriously, you only get sick after a certain viral load exposure (they call this the viral innoculum), you dont get sick with just a few viral particles inhaled. Unless you immunity cui.
So, really depends.

Just for more eg and reference, this fella measures at 0.064 microns, with the mask fitted on his face.

gysDbmI.jpg

Here's another source on a PFE machine, testing on the filter performance solely.
He uses 0.1 micron particles.

Thanks bro, after I show your post to my wife.. she ordered 10 boxes of good manner

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro, after I show your post to my wife.. she ordered 10 boxes of good manner
Bro, can see your budget many many. :LOL: (y) For others reading this, there are more budget friendly options in bulk pack, eg that F731 bulk pack of 50s, at half the price. A fair bit less comfy, but ok lah.....can do for daily use one (coz some pax might speak a lot in office or outside/onsite, and so use up 2-3 masks per day)

But if can afford, ok lah. Rather than spend money go out makan 1 big "unhealthy" meal for whole family easily $100+ liao.

OnARoll

Reaction score
Bro, can see your budget many many. :LOL: (y) For others reading this, there are more budget friendly options in bulk pack, eg that F731 bulk pack of 50s, at half the price. A fair bit less comfy, but ok lah.....can do for daily use one (coz some pax might speak a lot in office or outside/onsite, and so use up 2-3 masks per day)

But if can afford, ok lah. Rather than spend money go out makan 1 big "unhealthy" meal for whole family easily $100+ liao.
Bro, we buying for our parents too and my dad is very stubborn about his comfortable cloth mask. He finally tried the good manner mask you recommended and was able to accept it for daily use.

Ok lah 1 mask is only 40 cents.. I don't scared my family use 20 a day, I only scared if they get infected

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro, we buying for our parents too and my dad is very stubborn about his comfortable cloth mask. He finally tried the good manner mask you recommended and was able to accept it for daily use.

Ok lah 1 mask is only 40 cents.. I don't scared my family use 20 a day, I only scared if they get infected
Alright i hear ya, for elderly parents use and acceptance is fine (i know how it is regarding acceptance), just 40c a day if careful about usage, i dont reckon elderly would use more than 1 a day also.....

Indeed the Good Manner has very good breathability, among the best out there......and also best comfort. It is a bit expensive tho...but not the most ex of coz.

Just 1 less family makan at restaurant already can cover.

Safe safe...

Darkshadows

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
some cheap kf94 can’t filter anything much. Some made in china one are quite bad. Get HSA one better. Try air plus or MaskSafe. Both very comfortable. If not get the made in Korea kf 94. Proper n95 is the best. Harder and expensive to get but good for high risk area. N100 also can. But the n95 up are very uncomfortable to wear long hours leh
I wear 3M N95 mask everyday when I go out. Just have to get used to it, won't die one but if you go exercise with it then I don't know liao. lol.

AuraKUPO

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can..... that korean fella got send stocks over to qxpress SG for fufillment basis. So delivery ought to be rather fast also.

https://www.qoo10.sg/g/688450582/?__langcd=en&__currency=SGD
There might be other excellent KF94s as well (eg Bluna or LG Airwasher), if you are willing to pay. So far Good Manner is the premium one out there without costing an arm or a leg.
There are also cheap ones, $8.99 for 50pcs, check on qoo10....nothing wrong with them as well, just maybe some basic -ve like slightly scratchy inner ply material or slightly higher breathing resistance.
They still work at the same performance level as the premium ones.

But note, in higher risk settings, esp with the caseloads now + MRT travel (still got jokers exposing noses), do use 3M micropore to tape the nose bridge and upper cheeks.

Anecdotal eg, my SIL in Batam, during its peak the prevalence over there is maciam like SG having 6k daily caseload ( :s22:), her coy once like over half out of action coz all tio covid workplace transmission, she and her colleagues those wearing proper KF94s never tio. Sensi also has "KF-94" like tri-fold masks,my SIL wearing the KF94s i sent over via courier. Eye protection is also recommended in those scenarios, esp if there are people around who bo chup about masking up (eg chin diaper wearers).
Bro I need a good kn94/95 or N95 for my pioneer gen parents and for going overseas. Is this charmzone brand good? Or do you have any good and honest mask? Gum Xia

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.