Desktop Chair Roundup - Ergonomic Chair

nez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some people just not willing to pay premium for a premium build chair. No right or wrong.

To me it's worth spending money for. Don't have to cheap out on these stuff as these are things that are use daily.

Generally I have same concept
But will never pay premium for so called “premium” that actually uses inferior/problematic materials and is premium due to name or hype. Although, depending on the products, I do also buy OEM if price differs greatly but quality is generally there minus some extras. It’s a no brainer.

simple_n_eazi

Reaction score
Anyone buy herman miller from tao bao before?
I saw this shop selling Gen 2 aeron and the price seems not bad. Is about 1200+ plus shipping probably less than 1400.
Wonder if should give a try or not for rhe savings.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone buy herman miller from tao bao before?
I saw this shop selling Gen 2 aeron and the price seems not bad. Is about 1200+ plus shipping probably less than 1400.
Wonder if should give a try or not for rhe savings.
got brothers buy from Taobao before but ultimately suggested going to Shopee instead.

scratches and etc you are on your own.

Terran5992

Reaction score
Anyone knows where can I go to try out the ergohuman elite chair.
Want to test out the comfort with the legrest :)

simple_n_eazi

Reaction score
got brothers buy from Taobao before but ultimately suggested going to Shopee instead.

scratches and etc you are on your own.

Yea understand that is a risk if I buy direct.
I am more concern on the authencity. just don't want to get a fake one.

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
Generally I have same concept
But will never pay premium for so called “premium” that actually uses inferior/problematic materials and is premium due to name or hype. Although, depending on the products, I do also buy OEM if price differs greatly but quality is generally there minus some extras. It’s a no brainer.
Yup there are certain products that have OEM such as laptops, certain chairs,
Yea understand that is a risk if I buy direct.
I am more concern on the authencity. just don't want to get a fake one.
there isnt a fake aeron at all.

fake aerons are easy to spot from the physical out look already.

Anyway just buy from shopee.

i bought mine after credit rebates and platform vouchers...only 1350+ if i not wrong. $1548 - $120 ( platform voucher) - 5 percent credit card rebates

darrenng

Reaction score
Hi all, new here. Has anyone tried/own an Itoki Flip Flap chair? Or, if you know where I might be able to test it out? Thanks in advance.

simple_n_eazi

Reaction score
Yup there are certain products that have OEM such as laptops, certain chairs,

there isnt a fake aeron at all.

fake aerons are easy to spot from the physical out look already.

Anyway just buy from shopee.

i bought mine after credit rebates and platform vouchers...only 1350+ if i not wrong. $1548 - $120 ( platform voucher) - 5 percent credit card rebates

If it is genuine, why is it so much difference in price with the retail ones in sg? Just because it is made in China instead of US?

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
If it is genuine, why is it so much difference in price with the retail ones in sg? Just because it is made in China instead of US?
Do you know that in the USA, there are 2 types of sellers of Herman Miller chairs, one is from HM directly and from ADs aka Authorised Dealers.

The ADs all have different price ranges for brand new fully loaded remastered Aerons and its common that prices are only $800 usd to $900usd, much cheaper than getting from Herman Miller directly in the US. The only downside to purchase AD is there is no returns policy whereas if u buy direct from Herman Miller in USA, people can return their chairs if they didnt like it within 30 days. Thats why people in the USA, they can buy multiple herman miller chairs like the embody, aeron, mirra etc and use all 3 at one go, within 30 days, choose one they like and return the other 2 for a full refund. We dont have this type of return policy in Singapore.

Anw point is, ADs can sell it cheaper.

Another example i can give u is, for example a Samsung flagship phone. Lotsa people know about this, not sure whether you are aware. You will notice the price of a brand new phone directly from Samsung Official store, it will cost more than if you buy from a mobile phone store such as kasiamobile or redwhitemobile who are authorised dealers.

redwhitemobile.jpg

samsung.jpg

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you know that in the USA, there are 2 types of sellers of Herman Miller chairs, one is from HM directly and from ADs aka Authorised Dealers.

The ADs all have different price ranges for brand new fully loaded remastered Aerons and its common that prices are only $800 usd to $900usd, much cheaper than getting from Herman Miller directly in the US. The only downside to purchase AD is there is no returns policy whereas if u buy direct from Herman Miller in USA, people can return their chairs if they didnt like it within 30 days. Thats why people in the USA, they can buy multiple herman miller chairs like the embody, aeron, mirra etc and use all 3 at one go, within 30 days, choose one they like and return the other 2 for a full refund. We dont have this type of return policy in Singapore.

Anw point is, ADs can sell it cheaper.

Another example i can give u is, for example a Samsung flagship phone. Lotsa people know about this, not sure whether you are aware. You will notice the price of a brand new phone directly from Samsung Official store, it will cost more than if you buy from a mobile phone store such as kasiamobile or redwhitemobile who are authorised dealers.

redwhitemobile.jpg

samsung.jpg
For phones, mobile stores can sell cheaper coz they dun get stock from Samsung directly. They get it from ppl that sell their phone when they recontract with telcos. And these shops will always buy in at a lower price than selling to make profit. In a way, its a form of representation of market price vs retail price.

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
For phones, mobile stores can sell cheaper coz they dun get stock from Samsung directly. They get it from ppl that sell their phone when they recontract with telcos. And these shops will always buy in at a lower price than selling to make profit. In a way, its a form of representation of market price vs retail price
You are right and wrong.

Yes they get some of their stock from people selling in but they do get from Samsung directly as well. And the pricing that they gotten is lower than the Recommended Retail price what Samsung sells, which is why these ADs can sell lower.

mindgamey

Reaction score
You are right and wrong.

Yes they get some of their stock from people selling in but they do get from Samsung directly as well. And the pricing that they gotten is lower than the Recommended Retail price what Samsung sells, which is why these ADs can sell lower.

Distributors get their stock from HM at a price that can be up to 50% off standard list price. You think your AD get motherboard from Asus at the same price as us meh?

Why? Because the distributors have to bare with the cost of retailing, marketing and they represent HM most certainly in Aftersales support as well.

The ADs do this so that HM doesnt need to develop a retail channel.

Then you probably ask then why HM still sells online?

These days, manufacturers need to setup direct sales because when people search for HM Chair, they naturally will go to their website to browse. Captive audiences there, and so they can charge more.

Just look at Lenovo, HP, direct prices vs the Shopee/Lazada prices, I bet you no discount prices, the AD prices are very competitive.

Because the AD are getting stocks at discount prices, they can price their stock according to the margin they need.

I am also not surprised that HM and their AD have non compete agreements which mean HM has to sell higher than their AD.

hyperfuse

Master Member
Reaction score
Distributors get their stock from HM at a price that can be up to 50% off standard list price. You think your AD get motherboard from Asus at the same price as us meh?

Why? Because the distributors have to bare with the cost of retailing, marketing and they represent HM most certainly in Aftersales support as well.

The ADs do this so that HM doesnt need to develop a retail channel.

Then you probably ask then why HM still sells online?

These days, manufacturers need to setup direct sales because when people search for HM Chair, they naturally will go to their website to browse. Captive audiences there, and so they can charge more.

Just look at Lenovo, HP, direct prices vs the Shopee/Lazada prices, I bet you no discount prices, the AD prices are very competitive.

Because the AD are getting stocks at discount prices, they can price their stock according to the margin they need.

I am also not surprised that HM and their AD have non compete agreements which mean HM has to sell higher than their AD.
er why u telling me haha.. i already know that AD sells lower than direct as per my msgs above haha..

evirob

Reaction score
If you are getting an Aeron especially in graphite, Shopee by far has the best deal. After service should be good too looking at the amount of units sold and feedback from my friends and people here.

Do take note when buying from Xtra, 1st year on site is free, after that it's $80 per trip with free labor and parts.

However, for Embody pricing between Shopee and Xtra is pretty close with Xtra giving you a fabric choices and frame color. This is as far as I've researched when buying my chair as I was deciding between an Aeron or Embody .

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just saw my friend's son saved up $549 and bought Secret Lab gaming chair.

Power of marketing.

I keep telling people, this "Gaming chair are not ergonomic at all." But I still see quite many people buying them.

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is the sihoo v1 worth the price over the m57?

I did some comparison before. Personally, I feel no. But that is at my level lah.

That was also done when Sihoo M57 can get for <$200. Now, think cheapest Sihoo M57 is like $285 already.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.