The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Arsenaldude

Reaction score
Hi sirs,

I am currently using the ownsday progressive lens ( not the most expensive one) and I may need a upgrade because I keep having to adjust my specs to see clearly.

I bringing my own frame. How does ownsday progressive prestige gold at $498 vs essilor physio lens at $770?

Or anyone can help recommend me some other models. On a budget here.

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi sirs,

I am currently using the ownsday progressive lens ( not the most expensive one) and I may need a upgrade because I keep having to adjust my specs to see clearly.

I bringing my own frame. How does ownsday progressive prestige gold at $498 vs essilor physio lens at $770?

Would rather you use the Essilor ones. Owndays progressives have time and time proven they are sub par. Although the cost is low, no point wearing something that gives you a headache. A progressive lens is supposed to help you see better and make your life more comfortable. Many other alternatives to Owndays progressives.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi sirs,

Hi, Physio 3.0 is a good lens design for progressive lenses. It should have a wider reading zone, lesser peripheral distortions and clearer distance vision for you.
Another alternative you can consider is the Hoya lifestyle 3 but Physio will be more affordable.

adgjl321

Reaction score
With a budget of around $450, what kind of brand of specs / lens I can go for? My degree around 500

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
hi, single lens
Based on your prescription, you can look towards 1.6,1.67 index lenses. The lenses should set you back about 250-300 for 1.67 depending on which brand of lenses you get. That leaves you about 200 for frame. But if you choose a really basic quality high index lens, it will be about 140 and you have 360 budget for your frame.

goldenturt54

Reaction score
Hey guys, need some advice. I have a pair of Lindberg acetate inner rim. However, they are extremely uncomfortable to wear for me. The left hook is constantly coming up from my ear and i tried adjusting it at Jamco which I purchased from but it is still an issue. The left lens also always seems higher than the right side and gives me a headache. When i walk with the lindberg on, it also seems to be moving up and down, not sure if its because it is too light.

Is anyone else facing such issues with their Lindberg? I never had such issues with my other spectacles.

nethdale

Reaction score
Hey guys, need some advice. I have a pair of Lindberg acetate inner rim. However, they are extremely uncomfortable to wear for me. The left hook is constantly coming up from my ear and i tried adjusting it at Jamco which I purchased from but it is still an issue. The left lens also always seems higher than the right side and gives me a headache. When i walk with the lindberg on, it also seems to be moving up and down, not sure if its because it is too light.

Is anyone else facing such issues with their Lindberg? I never had such issues with my other spectacles.
Personally, I don't have such or much issue with all mine Lindberg frames except the recent tintatium frame, as it is not sturdy and I am on progressive lens, I returned at least 3-4 times to get it adjusted. Guess my left eye is sensitive. Strange thing is that it was ok when I left the shop but when I started wearing for long or driving, the discomfort set in.

Perhaps you need to return and tell them more precisely the issue and re-adjust it? Thanks.

goldenturt54

Reaction score
Personally, I don't have such or much issue with all mine Lindberg frames except the recent tintatium frame, as it is not sturdy and I am on progressive lens, I returned at least 3-4 times to get it adjusted. Guess my left eye is sensitive. Strange thing is that it was ok when I left the shop but when I started wearing for long or driving, the discomfort set in.

Perhaps you need to return and tell them more precisely the issue and re-adjust it? Thanks.
Yeah, similar issue that I face as well. It is fine at the shop but after wearing for awhile then i'll find out issues with it. Probably have to make a trip back to the store then.

nethdale

Reaction score
Yeah, similar issue that I face as well. It is fine at the shop but after wearing for awhile then i'll find out issues with it. Probably have to make a trip back to the store then.
I sense your frustration and looks like re-visit to the optical shop seems inevitable. Try to go back to the same staff who had adjusted your frame as he or she knows what had adjusted. After adjusting, just go to the coffeeshop to have a cup of drink, stay slightly longer at the vicinity says 30-40 mins and observe how does it go. Wish you well.

woonyoung91

Reaction score
Hi there, any recommendation for a specs within 300-400 budget.

30 yo, power around 2.50-3.50 for left and right.

looking for a blue filter type lens due to long hours in front of the screen (pc/phone). Perhaps anti fatigue lenses?

Are raybans within this range with the budget. Don't mind travelling to get the glasses.

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi there, any recommendation for a specs within 300-400 budget.

30 yo, power around 2.50-3.50 for left and right.

looking for a blue filter type lens due to long hours in front of the screen (pc/phone). Perhaps anti fatigue lenses?

Are raybans within this range with the budget. Don't mind travelling to get the glasses.
Possible if you are not using the popular lens brands. E.g Kodak Anti fatigue lens with a decent rayban frame. 400-450 should be possible.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, additionally just to check, when removing your glasses, do you usually use one hand to remove or both?

woonyoung91

Reaction score
Any difference for pentax or kodak against zeiss & essilor.
Went to spex in bishan and was offered 168 for pentax inclusive of frame.

Was wondering whether there's significant diff between pentax against hoya/zeiss/essilor for office use.

Also, not too sure whether single vision with blue filter or digital/anti fatigue lenses are more suitable for my usage.

30 yo, power around 2.50-3.50 for left and right

Tia.

Last edited:

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Went to spex in bishan and was offered 168 for pentax inclusive of frame.

Was wondering whether there's significant diff between pentax against hoya/zeiss/essilor for office use.

Also, not too sure whether single vision with blue filter or digital/anti fatigue lenses are more suitable for my usage.

30 yo, power around 2.50-3.50 for left and right

Tia.
Seems like 1.50 Pentax lens and frame. Very cheap deal. Difference is in terms of clarity of the lens and quality of the lens multicoating. Pentax is a sub/sister brand to Hoya.
I suggest if you are going budget then single vision w/blue filter will do fine. But if you intend to get a better lens and to relax your eye muscles more then you can consider antifatigue/digital.

H3CT1C

Reaction score
Hello, been wearing a Ray-ban's with basic hoya lens for about 2/3 years when using desktop or watch tv. Mainly due to a faulty right eye but perfect left eye combo. Just wondering, how long does it take for people to change their spectacles? And also if your don't mind, any specs shops to reco around the north east/ central area? Thanks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.