Noisy neighbour upstairs

lolthestone

Reaction score
Can footstep sounds from Downstairs or next door neighbor be heard as if like it came from ceiling/upstairs?

Just as an experiment I put my ear against my floor. Can hear banging and dropping object sound very clearly .

Does this mean the dropping object sound when I don't put my ear against the wall is coming from Downstairs?
Anyone has advice? :)

lowzeewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sometimes it might be from even higher up.

Recently dealt with noise that originated from 3 floors up.

Jasmina007

Reaction score
Apologies..that device is for recording vibration.
For noise..there are some vendor but now covid- short of technician.
The supplier will set up at night n record 12 hours, say 8 pm to 8 am
The recordings are very expensive, they charged around $400+ per day per recording. I hesitated to engage them, because my lawyer said that if the recording is only done for 1 or 2 days, it not enough to charge these idiots, unless the recordings are done over a period of time, say 10-30 days.

The "CiKA" morons (tenants) above me, stomps every morning 6-7.30am. They knew you can't catch them because the cost and time spent is too tedious.

Kanko San

Master Member
Reaction score
The recordings are very expensive, they charged around $400+ per day per recording. I hesitated to engage them, because my lawyer said that if the recording is only done for 1 or 2 days, it not enough to charge these idiots, unless the recordings are done over a period of time, say 10-30 days.

The "CiKA" morons (tenants) above me, stomps every morning 6-7.30am. They knew you can't catch them because the cost and time spent is too tedious.
How about getting a few ceiling thumper from Online ?

tmengyew

Reaction score
Can footstep sounds from Downstairs or next door neighbor be heard as if like it came from ceiling/upstairs?
Yes , it can , sound travel upward. like closing hard on drawer or cabinet (with no soft closing)near ceiling in small room.

lowzeewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What kind of noise and do you live in hdb?
Rhythmic thumping noise, caused by a small boy skipping ropes in the morning. Thankfully it stopped after my wife and I went up separately to speak to that tenant family twice within 2-3 weeks.

Private condo.

lowzeewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IC, was wondering why the below unit did not make the complain
I actually went up floor by floor to talk to my neighbours, and the one right below said he could hear it. He even correctly guessed that it was rope-skipping.

He didn't do anything about it though.

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I actually went up floor by floor to talk to my neighbours, and the one right below said he could hear it. He even correctly guessed that it was rope-skipping.

He didn't do anything about it though.
how frequent and what is the duration of each rope skipping?

lowzeewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how frequent and what is the duration of each rope skipping?
Several times a week, for about 20 minutes between 7am and 7.30am.

It has stopped since the last time we spoke to them a month ago.

xxicingxx

Reaction score
Several times a week, for about 20 minutes between 7am and 7.30am.

It has stopped since the last time we spoke to them a month ago.
Wow! Mine was the unit below mine. Their kid would jump from high places everyday at night from 7pm to 9pm. After that continue jumping at the room till 10pm. It get worst during the weekend, the kid can jump the whole day. Luckily they stop when we talked to them.

Not only that the unit above mine love to stomp around the house and dropping things. Not sure what they drop but sounds like something heavy. Talked to them but said its not them, weird thing is whenever the footsteps stop that is where the heavy dropped sound is. Its get annoying since the loud noise is sudden.

lolthestone

Reaction score
Wow! Mine was the unit below mine. Their kid would jump from high places everyday at night from 7pm to 9pm. After that continue jumping at the room till 10pm. It get worst during the weekend, the kid can jump the whole day. Luckily they stop when we talked to them.

Not only that the unit above mine love to stomp around the house and dropping things. Not sure what they drop but sounds like something heavy. Talked to them but said its not them, weird thing is whenever the footsteps stop that is where the heavy dropped sound is. Its get annoying since the loud noise is sudden.
Same here. Exact same case. Asked them and they denied. Really wish the upstairs neighbor will die now

lolthestone

Reaction score

You engaged a lawyer for noise issue?

Any advice he/she gave that would be useful for us fellow victims?

Jasmina007

Reaction score
Rhythmic thumping noise, caused by a small boy skipping ropes in the morning. Thankfully it stopped after my wife and I went up separately to speak to that tenant family twice within 2-3 weeks.

Private condo.
I stayed in a condo built in 2000. Also had problems with tenants. maybe they felt that they paid this much, they do what they like, just like what that moron above shouted at me. So it makes no difference whether you stayed in HDB or condo. Condo is even worse, managing agent will not be bothered by these neighbours disputes, they tell you to go CMC or engaged a lawyer.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.